Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pod Xt/x3 Q&a, Come here to ask about your POD XT/X3 related queries
kahall
post Aug 18 2008, 04:30 AM
Post #121

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.393

KLYDEE: I just bought the X3 Live today, and yes, you can plug directly into monitors and use the USB interface at the same time. Even though I can't do this yet, I know it works. Read on.

So I get mine home from buying it "brand new" and hooked it up to my monitors and played around with it before actually hooking it up to my PC and it seems fine. Then I hooked it up to my PC. When I went to register it using the serial number provided, I received the message that the device was already registered to another user. So that means it's used. I also can not get Line 6 Monkey to recognize it even after downloading and installing new drivers for the X3. I am wondering if the fact that I can't register it until Line 6 straightens this out is the reason the drivers will not detect the thing. Anyone know if it must be registered to work?

I am thinking of taking it back and exchanging for another one that is not used. Even if Line 6 contacts me in regards to the serial number I don't think I want to keep a used one. It was kind of expensive.

This post has been edited by kahall: Aug 18 2008, 04:40 AM

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blindwillie
post Aug 18 2008, 07:20 AM
Post #122

GMC:er

Member No.: 1.434

Not 100% sure, but I think if it's already registered you have to unregister it before registering on another computer. So, it has to registered on the computer you connect to.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Mac Canic
post Aug 20 2008, 07:08 PM
Post #123

Member No.: 5.722

QUOTE (blindwillie @ Aug 18 2008, 08:20 AM) *
Not 100% sure, but I think if it's already registered you have to unregister it before registering on another computer. So, it has to registered on the computer you connect to.

It seems to be wrong,
My pod is a Second-hand purchase, and i can't registered it under my name...but it works
And one time, I have changed my computer without unregister, it works....

--------------------
John Ch. Mac Canic

+Quote Post
besip
post Oct 11 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #124

Member No.: 2.798

cool stuff this sharing and nice tones around..actualy any setings can be opened by my windows i'm not sure why ..i'm also plane buy some line 6 stuff but i'm have bad expirience with line 6 toneport ux1..becouse wheni'm download the monkey program to my pc i'm was find out somebody allready did have this item before i'm buy this so i'm wasn't be able to download any updates and other stuff...so i'm was returned the toneport and but Vox valvetronic xl

Question-i'm know there is some chance to download and share setings from other guys..which is cool and the question is it's is possible download and use some setings from somebody who has PodXT and aplly the setings to PodX3??? or contrariwise????

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Mac Canic
post Oct 12 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #125

yes it is possible
you just have to get the ".l6t" file corresponding to the sound you request.
all the settings of a line 6 sound are in this standalone file.

--------------------
John Ch. Mac Canic

+Quote Post
besip
post Oct 12 2008, 09:47 PM
Post #126

QUOTE (Mac Canic @ Oct 12 2008, 10:06 AM) *
yes it is possible
you just have to get the ".l6t" file corresponding to the sound you request.
all the settings of a line 6 sound are in this standalone file.

i'm not sure what is the ".l6t" file smile.gif but if that possible thats great....i'm big fan of nocturnal vision lesson which i'm wana learn on future and similar sound will be great...i'm was thinking before abouth the podXt but looks like X3 has lot of more features...so' i'm not sure what to buy...also hoping thats be work nice over my AMP

This post has been edited by besip: Oct 17 2008, 01:48 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
bamba23
post Oct 13 2008, 09:30 AM
Post #127

Group: Passive
Member No.: 5.976

kinda stupid question but i kinda newbie in gear lol.
what is a pod?
and the pod x3 and etc.
how much it usualy cost?

+Quote Post
besip
post Oct 13 2008, 02:10 PM
Post #128

QUOTE (bamba23 @ Oct 13 2008, 03:30 AM) *
what is a pod?
and the pod x3 and etc.
how much it usualy cost?

hey i'm also don't like when nobody answer easy question rolleyes.gif ..i'm not the guy who can talk to mutch but the answer is easy...use your computer and for example gogle site a write down there he name of the item

actualy best site for line 6 is line 6 site biggrin.gif but now is line6.com and GuitarPort Online are currently undergoing maintenance, check back real soon! mad.gif

so try this for example-->>>> https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=line6
and you wull find your answer cool.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Gus
post Oct 13 2008, 02:20 PM
Post #129

Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 3.920

QUOTE (bamba23 @ Oct 13 2008, 10:30 AM) *
what is a pod?
and the pod x3 and etc.
how much it usualy cost?

I will give a different answer that you may not find in google: POD X3 live is the swiss Army knife of gears. It will serve you in any situation, but if you have the dedicated tools for each task, they will perform better than the swiss-knife.

You can use it as: multi-effect pedal, amplifier replacement (just make sure you hear yourself through monitor or phones), recording device (guitar, bass, voice, acoustic guitar) and so on.
It has a overwhelming number of amplifier and effects models. The accompanying software (gearbox) makes it easy to edit the tones, but it's simply very hard for beginners to achieve the best sounds, but you can download and tweak existing ones (actually I am still on my quest to improve my tones everyday).

If you buy dedicated gear for each of these uses you will probably end up with a better sound, since POD X3 does emulation. Examples: A good tube amplifier will sound more alive than the emulation. Dedicated effects sound better (but you will not be able to program them and change everything with a pedal press). Guitar rig is perhaps a better solution than POD X3 if you want only recording.

All in all, POD X3 is an amazing piece of equipment. For the price you pay and all you get it's almost a bargain. But, just keep in mind that it is not better than having all the "real things", I mean the dedicated tools. It is a swiss-knife.

This post has been edited by Gus: Oct 13 2008, 06:59 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Mac Canic
post Oct 13 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #130

good answers guies, good, gooood.... wink.gif

I suppose that now, Bamba23 know the machine and its emulations

Pod is frequently used here by GMC members....

remember that you can get the tones on line6.com. the acces is free, and library is free....
You can ask to any user to share a file....

Bamba23 if you are not on mars or jupiter wink.gif wink.gif you will probably see that it is sold anywhere tongue.gif . In europe POD XT costs 274 €, and pod X3 is the same for 400 euros with a bigger bank (it appears not interresting to me).

See you...

This post has been edited by Mac Canic: Oct 13 2008, 05:53 PM

--------------------
John Ch. Mac Canic

+Quote Post
Gus
post Oct 22 2008, 12:35 AM
Post #131

Group Icon

I am thinking of buying a cheap keyboard to use as a MIDI controller (and a keyboard, of course tongue.gif )

The problem is that I only use laptop and the really cheap keyboards I looked into do not have USB interface at all.

So here is the question: Can I plug the MIDI output of keyboard into the MIDI input of POD X3 live and then save the MIDI at the computer using the USB interface of POD?

I want to avoid having to buy an external MIDI interface to my laptop.

--------------------

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
dantrantheman
post Oct 30 2008, 05:40 PM
Post #132

Member No.: 6.139

QUOTE (muntahunta @ Dec 4 2007, 06:30 PM) *
Hey, I tried to write a POD XT/X3 guide on this forum but then relised it was too big of a project for how much time I had.

This thread is here for anyone to ask ANYTHING about the POD XT/X3.
I know quite alot about the POD XT/X3 due to practicing, gigging and recording (guitars/bass/vocals) with it.
Anything I cant answer i'm sure someone else will know.

Here is a link to the old thread I made which includes a list of all the POD XT models: The Guitarists Guide To The POD XT Live

If you have any questions about the POD XT/X3, this is the place to post them.

Cheers
Chris

I have a Pod XT Live and Epiphone Les Paul. So far I haven't been able to produce nice clean sounds from patches posted here except for the "clean" patches of course. I wonder if it is due to my playing techniques. I don't think I have to apply "muting" technique with all of the patches except the "clean" ones in order to have nice sounds. Or maybe the pickups on my guitar are not so great they produce a lot of ring noises without muting technique?

+Quote Post
muntahunta
post Oct 30 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #133

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 2.713

QUOTE (dantrantheman @ Oct 30 2008, 04:40 PM) *
I have a Pod XT Live and Epiphone Les Paul. So far I haven't been able to produce nice clean sounds from patches posted here except for the "clean" patches of course. I wonder if it is due to my playing techniques. I don't think I have to apply "muting" technique with all of the patches except the "clean" ones in order to have nice sounds. Or maybe the pickups on my guitar are not so great they produce a lot of ring noises without muting technique?

the best advice would be to just explore the POD as much as possible, tweak some patches, try download them from the line 6 site, check the line 6 forums etc, there are plenty of great tones out there!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Gus
post Oct 30 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #134

Group Icon

QUOTE (dantrantheman @ Oct 30 2008, 05:40 PM) *

Each guitar has very unique sound. Most the patches I used with my epi Les Paul are useless with my Ibanez...
So you need at least to tweak the patches you download to see if you can repreoduce the sound you want.

But also try increasing the threshold in the gate. That should solve your problems with noise. But don't overshoot on it or you will lose the dynamics of playing wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
draftzero
post Feb 22 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #135

Member No.: 6.647

I've been trying to find some good bundles (i've downloaded the one here "standard")... unfortunately i do not have any add ons... as of right now i have other things i wanna buy biggrin.gif....

Is there any good bundles to download that are just for the XTL w/o any addons?

+Quote Post
edguy
post Jul 17 2009, 09:58 PM
Post #136

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 1.193

So i have another problem with my POD x3 or in combination with reaper and the Line6 Plugins.
When i try to use the gearbox Plugin in reaper i can add it as an FX to a track. The problem is nothinh happend with the sound. I can change presets, EQ and everything else, but the sound didn't make anything.

Do you have any ideas why i can't use gearbox plugin??

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
helo92
post Dec 30 2009, 06:24 AM
Post #137

Member No.: 5.777

I have a question about the line6 registration
I bought my podxt used and when I want to register it it says I have to enter a date of purchase.
So do I have to enter the date when it was bought in the first place or when i bought it
or can i even download adiitional packs without the registrtion??

--------------------
<a href="http://www.wacken.com/" target="_blank"><embed src="http://banner.wacken.com/banner/WOA_Banner2010_468x60_090904_cw.swf" quality="high" width="468" height="60"></embed></a>

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Dec 30 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #138

Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader

Member No.: 1.062

QUOTE (helo92 @ Dec 30 2009, 06:24 AM) *
I have a question about the line6 registration
I bought my podxt used and when I want to register it it says I have to enter a date of purchase.
So do I have to enter the date when it was bought in the first place or when i bought it
or can i even download adiitional packs without the registrtion??

I don't think the date of purchase is essential. Just type in when you bought it used.
However I'm almost positive the person you bought it from has to unregister _your_ POD from his account before you can download updates etc. Same serial can't exist on two accounts is my guess.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Dec 31 2009, 02:01 AM
Post #139

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

Micke is right. If you can contact the seller who sold you the device, ask him to remove the registration. If he doesn't know how to do that, you can ask for Line 6 support to guide you.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
post Mar 8 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #140

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 7.694

One big thing I have been able to experience with the POD x3 is the ability to set TWO sounds in stereo with one slightly delayed on one side...this creates such a big sound for a live situation....on top of that, you can add the MIC signal from the amp!!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2017 - 12:04 PM