> Technique Ok?, Neoclassical beginner
Mackietao
post Apr 23 2008, 08:52 PM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.235

Hi Marcus!

I´ve sadly have not played guitar other then real ocationally and short amount last months. Mostly due to my arm issues and some lack of time. Anyways.. I picked the guitar and played some and noticed my sweeps got better.. Haha!
It must be all the guitar hero I´ve been playing a couple of weeks ago. Going for "Through fire and flames" on expert.
I was really surpriced that my fingers we´re up to speed.. Here´s something I just composed, for practicing my sweeps.. smile.gif What you think? /Marcus
Attached File(s)
Attached File  sweepgrej.mp3 ( 642.45K ) Number of downloads: 52

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
post Apr 23 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #22

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.927

Hey Marcus!

Wow! I definitely can't hear that you've had a break for the last months! biggrin.gif Your playing is still very good. Maybe I hear few missing notes in some of the arpeggios, but it's not that disturbing really. I also think your vibrato has improved! smile.gif

Though, I can't say I can hear much improvement in the mix unsure.gif I'd like to hear atleast two overdubs on the guitars panned hard left and right, as mentioned in a previous post. But the snare still sounds nice. I like it a lot smile.gif

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Mackietao
post Apr 24 2008, 05:35 AM
Post #23

hehe, that´s because I used the same settings as last time I recorded something tongue.gif
How hard should I mix them? Now I have a duplicate track going 60 left, 60 right.
My vibrato might have gone better because my handstrenght is better, working with some grippers. Not from playing tongue.gif hehe.. Wasn´t really suposed to be a "good mix..." I´m really happy about it though. I nailed that first improvised solo part before the sweeps on first recording. smile.gif I´ll give you a whole song soon with better mixing now when I´ve started playing some again =) thx for input!

+Quote Post
Mackietao
post May 4 2008, 10:38 PM
Post #24

Here´s another riff I wrote recently. No fancy mix/arrangement here either.. Just quickly done.. BUt I thought it would be fun to show because I´m using your old Marcus Lavendell preset =)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  egyptmetal.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 35

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2017 - 04:01 PM