Chris Evans
post Dec 7 2007, 03:44 PM
Post #21

Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 2.860

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 7 2007, 02:43 PM) *
Just had a very nice, and very cheap lunch in town, sitting in the sun on a day in December biggrin.gif - just one reason why I love living in Spain.

dry.gif freezing cold here and getting colder, starting to get dark too dry.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
post Dec 7 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #22

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 973

I really don't know why I picked up a guitar. I guess I was just bored one day and decided, hey why not put a guitar between those hands while I sit my ass in the couch all day. I think DT has some help with the whole learning guitar thing. I think for the most part, I don't think I ever progressed on playing but I could care less. I also gave up shred and I'm happy. Riffs are so much better than shred anyway. Yea I went there tongue.gif

This post has been edited by VinceG: Dec 7 2007, 03:53 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Ctodd
post Dec 8 2007, 04:14 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 3.051

I am in my second year of college. and about 6 months ago i picked up my friend's guitar, and he showed me a tab for the intro to "Good riddance" by Greenday. after i got that down. i became addicted, and havent looked back since.

i play/practice almost everyday until my fingers get tired.

im still not very good, but im getting better every day... tongue.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
post Dec 8 2007, 04:43 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 1.897

My very first guitar, only four years old. It was a small, cheap, first act acoustic guitar. I had fun with it for like a week and never played again.

At the age of 10, I was bored so i looked at musical instruments on ebay, all kinds. Guitars seemed to be my favorite and i really wanted an electric.

My parents said no at first, thats when I went back to the acoustic i got years ago and used a book taht came with it. It had very easy songs and chords in it and I practiced those. When I look back now I was no better tahn when i started... but my grandma gave me her acoustic guitar. This was a real one rather than the old cheap one.

It was a bit big for my size but I didn't care, i continued with that book for about a month when coming home from school I saw an electric guitar box laying on the porch. **** I was so happy, I grabbed it and ran in side and showed it to my mom. She said it was for one of my friends on my street. I didn't believe her.

A few weeks later Christmas arrived and when I opened it, I was so freakin happy. wink.gif I played it immedietly and never wanted to get off of it. I started my first guitar lessons, only for four weeks and hated them, so i quit. After that I went on my own and tought myself nearly everything over the next year and a half.

Notes, Chords, Scales, Harmonics, Palm Muting, etc... Then GMC came into my life and helped me SO much. I didn't want to stop playing. I loved the guitar so much, that I finially got a new amp, then a new guitar later that year. My progress was improving so much that I wanted to start lessons again, so I did. About two months later brings me to current time. biggrin.gif

P.S. That guitar that I saw on the front porch, well the guitar shop sent the wrong one, they sent a bass first. Then my parents informed them that it was the wrong guitar. We got to keep the bass guitar ( with amp case and strap) for free.

ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by Xranthoius: Dec 8 2007, 04:45 AM

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 04:56 AM