8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Virtual Band - Moaning Lisa, Band number 5
Chris Evans
Dec 15 2007, 07:55 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Band Leader - JVM!

Beginners to intermediate alternate rock band (kind of radiohead, smashing pumpkins, nirvana, pixies, stereophonics etc)

Band Now Full, Please PM me if you are interested in joining this band for future recordings

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smells: Dec 20 2007, 08:52 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 15 2007, 08:10 PM
Learning Roadie

AudunESP - guitar/vox
Rated Htr - guitar
timono - guitar
JVM - odd job man
manhunta - guitar/keys/vox

News: And then manhunta joined the band, and there was much rejoicing (biggrin.gif), welcome to the band! I think five band members is enough for now, but once again any offers for bass are still welcome.

Okay people, it seems Moaning Lisa is a full band now that timono has joined the ranks! However I'm still willing to accept anyone wanting to contribute bass. Hopefully we can get started cranking out some ideas post holidays!

Rated Htr joins the band as second lead player, welcome to the band smile.gif

We have our first band member - AudunESP! He'll be doing vocals and some lead guitar work for us.

--
Hey guys - since the band has no members other than moi right now I'm looking for everyone. Top priority is a singer but also looking for 2-3 full time guitarists.

Since we're bound to have a lot of guitarists (I'm expecting but not requiring that we'll end up with 4-5 guitarists, regardless of what our other contributions to the band are) I'll probably be splitting us up like so:
Rhythm guitarist - probably one dedicated person, or at least dedicated per song, it can be switched up as we do different stuff
Lead guitarist x2 (which will probably have more to do with being able to record similar tone moreso than your technical ability - after all this is a beginner band and I'm putting emphasis on sounding as good and as tight as we can over technical playing)

So thats three of us - I will not fill any of those roles. If we can get that, we'll have a four member band. But that would also require that one of the above have double duty as a singer. And as mentioned by smells, I'm hoping for a better bassist than myself and or someone with better backing track making capability.

My role within the band with probably be more of a production/management role. I do want to get some guitar playing in, so I'll probably add one or two tracks to each of our songs - but I'll also be doing my best not to take over a song. Also unless we have a better mixer/masterer among the above mentioned band members, that'll be my duty. I'm not fully versed in those arts so it'll be a learning process if we don't find someone else.

I was thinking we could start with something along the lines of Gabe's Muse lesson. I'd like to have a couple of our covers be based on some of the lessons here if that's okay. Not exact copies, but heavily based on some of them for sure. This works well because the lessons are right here, fully correct tab for each of us to be able to learn the song etc. The only downside would be we'll have to help our singer come up with a melody and or some lyrics.

If you'd rather do a cover of an already established song though, make some suggestions smile.gif

[edit] Also, any thoughts on band name? Keep or not? Any suggestions? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JVM: Dec 17 2007, 02:54 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Dec 16 2007, 07:59 PM
GMC:er
I can yoin this band temporarliy as just guitarist, rythm or lead, same for me, but as soon as i get a mic i can start as vocals. I have a little limited vocal range and i do squise a bit in singing but i do progresses :)Btw. i use Pod X3 and Cubase for recording, just for info.

edit: DONT change band name, "moaning lisa" is just genious!

Sorry, didnt see that i wasnt suposed to post here, may you delete this post?

This post has been edited by AudunESP: Dec 16 2007, 08:10 PM

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 16 2007, 08:14 PM
Learning Roadie
Okay, you're in smile.gif I think I'll place you under lead now since you'll be doing vocals. When might you get a mic?

Also, what do you think about our first song Audun? Considering you're the singer, would you be okay with working on one of the lessons here, knowing you'll have to make up a melody and lyrics for it (we can help of course)?

By the way for those concerned I'll keep an updated news section at the top of my first post (second post of the thread) so check there for any announcements or anything smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Dec 16 2007, 09:04 PM
I think i will get the mic soon, if not before christmass ill have it in the christmass days. I think the song prefer is totaly cool, i love and im very fascinated by muse. Ill actually scream like a little baby to get the lyric and melodymaking job laugh.gif love songmaking, made some songs myself smile.gif

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 16 2007, 09:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Okay cool, we'll see what the others think (when we get a couple more members obviously) but it might be a good idea to go ahead and start reviewing the muse lesson anyway, even if we choose not to do it it's a great lesson, and if we do you'll have a head start smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 17 2007, 12:13 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Sent you a PM regarding the band JVM, hopefully, I can enter smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 17 2007, 02:01 AM
Learning Roadie
You're in smile.gif

Still looking for another guitarist (going to copy the following from a PM I sent Rated Htr); "I guess it would have been more accurate to say the band would have x amount of guitarists, instead of two lead and a rhythm, because I'm not going to stop for example, a lead guitarist from contributing a riff or whatever." and hopefully a bassist, but don't let any lack of bass knowledge stop you from signing up smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
timono
Dec 17 2007, 07:27 AM
Hey guys

i would really like to be in this band dunno if there's still a spot left rolleyes.gif

i'm not yet able to record but i'll buy a mic in holiday's and i will have an multi-effect on 19 january so than i can start i think.

timon

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 17 2007, 07:35 AM
Learning Roadie
We're looking for a rhythm guitarist, if you think you're up for the task then you're in smile.gif You'll be doing other stuff too probably.

--------------------

+Quote Post
timono
Dec 17 2007, 07:38 AM
Well, i'm in then biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 17 2007, 07:40 AM
Learning Roadie
Great, welcome tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
timono
Dec 17 2007, 07:40 AM
Thanks =D

--------------------
Gear:

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 17 2007, 07:43 AM
Learning Roadie
So we have:

AudunESP - guitar/vox
Rated Htr - guitar (slash photoshop? biggrin.gif)
timono - guitar
JVM - odd job man tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 17 2007, 11:09 AM
Experienced Rock Star
By that comment, you want me to do something in photoshop? xD

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 17 2007, 01:08 PM
Learning Roadie
hey, ive been told theres room here at the band with the best name by far tongue.gif

if thats true is there any chance i could join?

I can play keyboard (a little bit)
i'd say im a begginer/intermediate lead guitarist (more begginer latly) and an intermediate rythm guitarist
i have cubase sx3, a POD X3, EZdrummer.
ive also been told i can sing like chad kroger (not sure if thats how u spell it) so i guess i could do some vocals too.

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 17 2007, 02:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Sure, I suppose we could open up one more spot, keyboards and more vocals are always good cool.gif You and AudunESP can switch on vocals or something sometimes. Also, Matt Bellamy of muse (since we're doing the muse lesson) is a pianist/keyboardist too, so some kind of keyboard melody might go really well with the lesson too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 17 2007, 03:18 PM
Experienced Rock Star
So we should go see the muse lesson?

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 17 2007, 03:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, if you guys are all cool with it you might as well go learn it, get some ideas etc. For example I think it'd be awesome to have a part where it drops down to just drums and bass, then I could do an acoustic variation of the riff which would be cool for you guys to solo over. Matt (of muse) likes to use effects so some kind of simple cool sounding solo would be great, but I'm getting too far ahead of myself smile.gif

[edit] I'd like to get started laying down some tracks in about two weeks, but if you guys are up for doing it sooner I can be flexible.

This post has been edited by JVM: Dec 17 2007, 03:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 17 2007, 03:31 PM
Experienced Rock Star
So you want me to do something original inspired in the muse lesson, correct? smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:33 AM