Neo Beginner
Fer
Dec 15 2007, 09:13 PM
GMC:er
Hi Marcus i just recorded the neoclassical beginner lesson, can you give me some feedback about it. ohmy.gif
thx in advance Fer.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  neobegin.mp3 ( 389.31K ) Number of downloads: 376

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Dec 17 2007, 09:47 AM
Instructor
Hello Fer,

Man, this is cool! I love this stuff! smile.gif Over all it is very good! I really like your tone and vibrato, and you seem to “grab” the notes in a nice sounding way! smile.gif

The main thing you could work on is the timing. This solo is meant to be played in triplets (three notes per beat) and that’s exactly what you do, but you don’t play them even all the time. Some notes are faster, and some shorter than the others. However, I kind of like it when it don’t sound that “strict” and I ofthen play this way myself. But if you’re a beginner I think it’s better if you work on making the timing perfect, and then you can go back to this “uneven” rhytm once you have complete control over it.

Second thing is the accent. Try to play the first note on each triplet a bit harder. This will add more attitude and dynamic to your playing!

Third thing: Work on changing the pickup from time to time. For example, use the bridge pickup for the longer notes and the neck pickup for the fast licks. This will change the over all feel a bit, to the better.

Also, you go slightly out of tune on a few notes, but I don’t find it very disturbing. But keep it in mind!

Great work, Fer! smile.gif

-Marcus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Fer
Dec 17 2007, 10:32 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (lavendell @ Dec 17 2007, 09:47 AM) *
Hello Fer,

Man, this is cool! I love this stuff! smile.gif Over all it is very good! I really like your tone and vibrato, and you seem to “grab” the notes in a nice sounding way! smile.gif

The main thing you could work on is the timing. This solo is meant to be played in triplets (three notes per beat) and that’s exactly what you do, but you don’t play them even all the time. Some notes are faster, and some shorter than the others. However, I kind of like it when it don’t sound that “strict” and I ofthen play this way myself. But if you’re a beginner I think it’s better if you work on making the timing perfect, and then you can go back to this “uneven” rhytm once you have complete control over it.

Second thing is the accent. Try to play the first note on each triplet a bit harder. This will add more attitude and dynamic to your playing!

Third thing: Work on changing the pickup from time to time. For example, use the bridge pickup for the longer notes and the neck pickup for the fast licks. This will change the over all feel a bit, to the better.

Also, you go slightly out of tune on a few notes, but I don’t find it very disturbing. But keep it in mind!

Great work, Fer! smile.gif
-Marcus

Hey Marcus,

Thanks for the great reply, i will work the things out . blink.gif
I will be back in the future with new recordings when i have nailed some of your awesome solo's wink.gif
I look forward to see some more neoclassical stuff.

Fer
Fer

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Dec 17 2007, 10:38 PM
Instructor
No problem at all, Fer! smile.gif

Looking forward to hear your next recording! smile.gif

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:52 AM