Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Rating 2 V
Jeffrey
Dec 17 2007, 08:58 PM
GMC:er
Just wanted to post up my guitar and see if theres anyone else out there who loves schecter=) tell me what you think of this guitar.

Construction/scale: Set-neck with Ultra Access /25.5 in.

Body: Mahogany with Quilted Maple Top

Neck/fingerboard: 3-pc. Mahogany/Rosewood

Frets: 24 X-Jumbo

Inlays: Abalone "Gothic Cross"

Pickups: EMG Active 81 / 85

Electronics: Volume/Volume/Tone/3-Way

Bridge: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo System

Binding: Abalone

Tuners: Grover

Hardware: Black

and also I was thinking about getting this amp. once I get some money:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pea...tack?sku=485058

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jeffrey: Dec 17 2007, 08:59 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
My Guitar:
IPB Image

Schecter FR C-1 Hellraiser
CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck w/ Ultra Access /25.5"
BODY: Mahogany w/ Quilted Maple Top
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc. Mahogany/Rosewood
FRETS: 24 X-Jumbo
INLAYS: Gothic Cross
PICKUPS: EMG active 81/85
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Vol/Tone/3-Way switch
BRIDGE: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
BINDING: Abalone
TUNERS: Grover
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 17 2007, 09:01 PM
Learning Roadie
Very nice Guitar i was gonna buy one on ebay missed out though abd bought a jackson

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Dec 17 2007, 09:06 PM
pfft, that guitar is nothing special wink.gif

Its not like I have one or anything.

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 17 2007, 09:15 PM
Learning Roadie
I tried one at a store once and it felt absolutely HORRIBLE, but I'm 99% sure that was because it hadn't been cleaned, badly needed new strings and was set up badly. I'd like to try one without those problems, cause I've heard lots of good stuff about them smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Dec 17 2007, 09:59 PM
Schecters are awsome smile.gif.. 1 day i hope to have a large collection of them.. not only do they sound great each 1 is a work of art. smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 18 2007, 12:09 AM
Experienced Rock Star
it's nice to show a guitar but you should do a review about it, see some in this forum and try to do the same... wink.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 18 2007, 09:38 PM
Instructor
Nice guitar mate, I have thought about buying a Schecter someday, I really like their look and feel smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Dec 18 2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah I have this guitar! biggrin.gif Its really a weapon of mass destruction in its own way. However the more I play it the more I feel like I dont even really need the Floyd Rose dry.gif Their a pain in the butt ! tongue.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 18 2007, 10:03 PM
Instructor
The guitar is great man, but I think you should write some of your impressions about it so we can get more info on the guitar. But I do like the looks of it smile.gif

As far as the amp - go for it. It is a great and powerfull machine wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
stratman33
Dec 19 2007, 04:02 AM
nice review mate, ive been thinkin about buyin a schecter for a while!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeffrey
Dec 23 2007, 06:03 AM
Well i've had it for about 3-4 months, and I have to say... The body=A+, it just fits around you very well and easy to get to high frets. The floyd rose=B+, I love them but it does get in the way when you want to change fastly between drop d and reg tuning. The Pick-ups= A+++++++++, These are insane pickups emg 81/85 actives are just a delicious pair and will deal great amounts of insanity!=) i've played at a few shows with this guitar and I'd have to say it worked out well for each one. Its great for the price also, 800$ for i'd say the best pick ups, floyd rose, 24 fret guitar, beautiful inlays, with mother of pearl lining, thats just a steal basicly. Buy it now! There are only 2 guitars i'd consider to have over this one. Pavel's guitar(the Ibanez gem steve vai signature) and one that i've custom built myself. Well thats my 2 cents, hope you like.

QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Dec 17 2007, 01:06 PM) *
pfft, that guitar is nothing special wink.gif

Its not like I have one or anything.

=P this guitar is more than special!

--------------------
My Guitar:
IPB Image

Schecter FR C-1 Hellraiser
CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck w/ Ultra Access /25.5"
BODY: Mahogany w/ Quilted Maple Top
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc. Mahogany/Rosewood
FRETS: 24 X-Jumbo
INLAYS: Gothic Cross
PICKUPS: EMG active 81/85
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Vol/Tone/3-Way switch
BRIDGE: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
BINDING: Abalone
TUNERS: Grover

+Quote Post
Xethman
Dec 27 2007, 01:57 AM
I owned one of these for about two weeks. It was purchased brand new, and the guitar was nearly flawless, and it was quite simply gorgeous.

It played well, but in my hands, not as well as my Ibanez guitars. Furthermore, it would go out of tune a bit, something that I'm not used to with my other guitars. The angle that the neck is set into the body at results in higher/sloped strings over the pickups up to the bridge. It is a bit hard to explain, but it felt a bit like playing on an angle, vs the very flat feeling with my RGs.

Finally, though I knew the neck would be much thicker than my Ibanez guitars, I still could not quite get used to it. I ultimately sent the instrument back.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 30 2008, 05:49 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
This review that doesn't fulfill the minimum of what's expected - see the template! Jeffrey, PM me when you're ready to work on it. I've sent two PM's since december which of none were replied to.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:23 AM