Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hardest Instrument?
FretDancer69
post Dec 21 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Passive
Member No.: 2.062

We all know that every instrument requires hard work and determination to be played really good, and the guitar is no exception. But do some instruments require this more than others? Discuss your opinions here!

There are tons of instruments around the world, so we might also be seing new instruments, so it would be nice if you could post a picture along with the instrument you think its the hardest to play!

I would pick...

The Basoon

The bassoon is a woodwind instrument in the double reed family that typically plays music written in the bass and tenor registers and occasionally even higher. It is called das Fagott in German, il fagotto in Italian, and le basson in French. Appearing in its modern form in the 1800s, the bassoon figures prominently in orchestral, concert band, and chamber music literature. The instrument is known for its distinctive tone color, wide range, variety of character, and agility. Its warm, dark, reedy timbre has often been compared to that of a male baritone voice. Due to the complicated fingering and the problem of reeds, the bassoon is an especially difficult instrument to learn; schoolchildren typically take up the bassoon only after starting on another woodwind instrument, such as the flute, clarinet, or saxophone.

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Dec 21 2007, 09:26 PM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iluha
post Dec 21 2007, 09:30 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.574

I don't think there's a hardest since all instruments were invented by man and not discoverd.

but I only had experience at the basic instruments, guitar, bass, keyboards and drums so I don't have enough experience to claim anything tongue.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
post Dec 21 2007, 09:30 PM
Post #3

Learning Tone Master
Group Icon

Group: MVC
Member No.: 2.164

The basoon is hard to play (exhausting) but i think it's the guitar because the direct contact with the strings which makes it the most difficult instrument to master.

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
post Dec 21 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2.159

I believe there's no such a thing as easiest or hardest instrument to play,imho.
I'll drop triangle and similar percussions out cause I don't "feel" them as an instrument.
You said it well,every instrument needs hard work,
and result depends of your focus on right things,time you're willing to spare etc. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
post Dec 21 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 810

piano... it is unbelievably complicated when you are goodish coz you gotta do all that tone and stuff, and it is so hard to do things when there is just stupid hammers in the thing hitting strings!

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
post Dec 21 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.387

a harp maybe unsure.gif

there's a joke that harp players are spending half of their time with harp by tuning it, and the other half they play out of tune rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

but seriously, i don't think there's such thing as a hard instrument, if you have a good ear and with practice you can learn any instrument you like smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
post Dec 21 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1.797

Well, i heard on a documentary that violin is the hardest instrument to play, i dont nkow if its true though, never tried tongue.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Iluha
post Dec 21 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1.574

QUOTE (Gen @ Dec 22 2007, 12:53 AM) *
Well, i heard on a documentary that violin is the hardest instrument to play, i dont nkow if its true though, never tried tongue.gif

Since there's so many wonder 10 year old violinist it can't be that hard, just takes practice like any other instrument smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2017 - 05:42 PM