Reply to this topicStart new topic
> **Valley Soldiers**, Uploads
leedbreak
post Jan 23 2008, 06:26 AM
Post #41

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.215

Ok, it is to late at night for me to be doing this but, why not?
He we go with some effects and board added. The section has 3 valley players in it.
I was doing pretty good till I kicked the tempo back to 80 and added back in one of our first riffs, I don't know about that but through the first :56 not to bad.

Attached File  3Players_1_22_08.mp3 ( 1.55MB ) Number of downloads: 171

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
post Jan 23 2008, 10:30 AM
Post #42

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 3.381

Hey Leedbreak,

I must admit the beginning has the hairs on my neck standing up!! Great intro smile.gif

Like you said I'm not sure about the tempo change in the middle but at least we're getting ideas down.

I can post a version of Maelstrom without the backing drums if you like so you can add yours over the top, (I think yours souns better imho).

btw I'm going to be away on holiday for a week from the 27th Jan to the 4th Feb so I'll won't be able to get anything down in that time.

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
leedbreak
post Jan 23 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #43

QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Jan 23 2008, 03:30 AM) *
Hey Leedbreak,

I must admit the beginning has the hairs on my neck standing up!! Great intro smile.gif

Like you said I'm not sure about the tempo change in the middle but at least we're getting ideas down.

I can post a version of Maelstrom without the backing drums if you like so you can add yours over the top, (I think yours souns better imho).

btw I'm going to be away on holiday for a week from the 27th Jan to the 4th Feb so I'll won't be able to get anything down in that time.

+ 1 on the hairs. Funny what 3 fingers can do on the keyboard. Agreed, the tempo and other rhythm are out for now. Just filling spaces. Been kinda cutting up fretdancer's take hope he is ok with that. Even added a tad of wah to it. ohmy.gif

Anyway thanks and sure, up-load anything, a track with out backing and even another slightly heavier rhythm before you head off. Giving me something else to add is always a good thing. We never know how we will end up using something. As I go along I am always adding to the drums. It always starts as a basic loop but then it can evolve as the song does.

Be safe or your trip my Friend. wink.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
post Jan 24 2008, 01:35 AM
Post #44

Group: Passive
Member No.: 2.062

wow sounds good!, altough this laptop has very poor volume i couldnt appreciate the song much but it sounds really good, but like you guys said, the tempo change is not very good but im sure we can fix that easily!

This is gonna turn out really cool! cool.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
leedbreak
post Feb 2 2008, 04:33 AM
Post #45

You should not leave me alone. I will sit in the dark and record weird little riffs and hook them together in even weirder chunks.
0:56 - 1:18 is a riff I suggest we write verses over and starting at 1:19 is a chorus idea. Come on lets keep trucking.

Attached File  02_02_08.mp3 ( 2.57MB ) Number of downloads: 151

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Feb 2 2008, 04:36 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
post Feb 4 2008, 12:12 PM
Post #46

Learning Roadie

Hiya Leedbreak,

I'm back from skiing and just heard your latest mix......it sounds awesome!! biggrin.gif Love the string arrangements, this track has great potential.

I should be able to contribute now I'm back.

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
leedbreak
post Feb 4 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #47

QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Feb 4 2008, 05:12 AM) *
Hiya Leedbreak,

I'm back from skiing and just heard your latest mix......it sounds awesome!! biggrin.gif Love the string arrangements, this track has great potential.

I should be able to contribute now I'm back.

Skiing? Must be nice. Hope the trip went well. Glad to see you made it back.

Thanks. Just feel free to jump in with any and everything you can. It is a slow progress but my confidence is growing.

I would like to hear from all other members this week please.

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
stratman33
post Feb 5 2008, 12:27 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 1.300

sorry i havnt been able to get anything up...ive had lots of work ive had to do for school along with basketball so its been tough for me to put anything out.

P.S-where is Arrival?did he quit?or hasnt he put anything up?

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
post Feb 5 2008, 01:19 AM
Post #49

QUOTE (stratman33 @ Feb 4 2008, 05:27 PM) *
sorry i havnt been able to get anything up...ive had lots of work ive had to do for school along with basketball so its been tough for me to put anything out.

P.S-where is Arrival?did he quit?or hasnt he put anything up?

Sorry, i forgot about this, are there any new instructions leedbreak?

And yes, does anyone knows where Arrival is...? unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
post Feb 6 2008, 03:24 PM
Post #50

QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Feb 4 2008, 06:19 PM) *
Sorry, i forgot about this, are there any new instructions leedbreak?

1. Well if we do add lyrics we still need them.
2. We still need a bridge or two, which should be like a simple chord progression that can bring us from one rhythm or another
3. I am thinking we could skip lyrics on this song. But, if we do we need several more riff/solo ideas to go over the existing rhythms.
4. All additions from this point must be recorded with and without backing, or mixing will be come a nightmare. We have been lucky so far but no more tracks can be layered if they are not recorded alone.

We could be less than a couple weeks of completion so lets get busy, shall we. thanks

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Arrival
post Feb 9 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #51

Member No.: 2.968

Hey sorry guys. My life as of late has been hectic to say the least. The last time I checked here, things seemed really unorganized. I'm really not sure what's going on. It would be extremely helpful to get a master recording that we can work off of rather than just throwing random pieces together.

Also, I've been having recording problems, so I'm gonna try to deal with that as soon as possible. Here's a few ideals we should stick to:

1. Keep things simple.
2. Make sure each guitar is in tune.
3. Time Time Time. At this point, we shouldn't just work on rough takes. If it sounds sketchy, do it a few more times to make sure it sounds good.

Again, I'm sorry for being absent. Let's try to take this to the next level.

+Quote Post
leedbreak
post Feb 11 2008, 08:25 PM
Post #52

QUOTE (Arrival @ Feb 9 2008, 05:11 AM) *
Hey sorry guys. My life as of late has been hectic to say the least. The last time I checked here, things seemed really unorganized. I'm really not sure what's going on. It would be extremely helpful to get a master recording that we can work off of rather than just throwing random pieces together.

Also, I've been having recording problems, so I'm gonna try to deal with that as soon as possible. Here's a few ideals we should stick to:

1. Keep things simple.
2. Make sure each guitar is in tune.
3. Time Time Time. At this point, we shouldn't just work on rough takes. If it sounds sketchy, do it a few more times to make sure it sounds good.

Again, I'm sorry for being absent. Let's try to take this to the next level.

We have got quite a few tracks to work with so feel free to jump on in there. Add to what we have or just take the 110 tempo and come up with anything you like.

We as a group are all looking forward to finally hear what you have been talking about. wink.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
post Feb 18 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #53

OK, I have decided we are going to make this one an instrumental/collaboration. Over the next few days I am going to post parts that need leads. I could make a song like this in no time but I was just wanting to leave time for all that want to participate. I do feel it is time to wrap this one up. So keep an eye open for these new post. Once these are up it will be the last call for additions to the first song.

I will fill in everything else.

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
stratman33
post Feb 18 2008, 11:18 PM
Post #54

Member No.: 1.300

QUOTE (leedbreak @ Feb 18 2008, 12:08 PM) *
OK, I have decided we are going to make this one an instrumental/collaboration. Over the next few days I am going to post parts that need leads. I could make a song like this in no time but I was just wanting to leave time for all that want to participate. I do feel it is time to wrap this one up. So keep an eye open for these new post. Once these are up it will be the last call for additions to the first song.

I will fill in everything else.

alright man sounds good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
post Feb 25 2008, 05:31 PM
Post #55

As I said a couple post up that we are just going to make this a collaboration. Below are 3 rhythms from the song that could use solos.

Pick any one or as many as you want but all need to be done by 3/10/08. It can be as long or short as you want but not longer than the files

All members, this will be the last call to get in on the first song. Your track must be recorded with and without backing. If you are not capable of doing so please do not upload.

Attached File  need_solo_1.mp3 ( 513.17K ) Number of downloads: 111

Attached File  need_solo_2.mp3 ( 308.68K ) Number of downloads: 114

Attached File  need_solo_3.mp3 ( 1.28MB ) Number of downloads: 121

PS If for some reason we do not get enough I will open this up to the GMC membership for auditions. Thanks ALL

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Feb 29 2008, 05:32 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
post Mar 4 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #56

Ok folks here is where we are. smile.gif

GMC is a fast moving place, as we all know. For this reason our responsibility to build our virtual band is a very important part of this fast growing community. Not to mention we are exposed with or without progress. huh.gif

No Post + No replies = No Progress

If you are in the band now, you MUST be able to do the following.

1. Say something to the group twice a week, without fail. Preferably something about our next move in a current project. Can be files or just a few spoken suggestions. Please be an active member.
2. Be able to make decent recordings with and without the backing that another member post. Proper mixes must be done this way. If you want to be a part and do not meet this requirement then lyrics or tabs are expected.
3. Have the time, motivation and desire to make progress.
4. Can tell me now, if you are in or out.

Being a Christian in this day and age is not easy. Playing for the same cause is just as hard. As a member you should still consider if this is a problem for you.

So, members please post are you it or out? I need to know. You can PM me to keep your opinion private.

Trust me, I know from my part in this that motivation can come slow. That’s ok as long as it does come.

But if you are in, Then we MUST have activity. So speak up and lets rock. wink.gif

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Mar 4 2008, 04:05 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
post Mar 4 2008, 06:57 PM
Post #57

Since this is the uploads board, I better put one. I just sat here at work and cut up the last mp3 we made and came up with this. I used that lead I wrote as a pre chorus and it works nicely. Couple leads over some of this and we can post a song. The part my lead is over is easy to play a lead to, so lets hear it guys.

On the other hand, I am starting the hear a lyric or two. So I might just add some. The song is still laid out for them. I am trying hard not to add more guiter till someone else does first. tongue.gif

Attached File  3_4_08_Valley_Soldiers.mp3 ( 2.02MB ) Number of downloads: 127

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Mar 6 2008, 06:22 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
post Mar 4 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #58

Sorry leadbreak, i'm afraid i will have to stept out. I dont have enough time for this because of school and theory studies.

Sorry

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
post Mar 4 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #59

QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Mar 4 2008, 02:21 PM) *
Sorry leadbreak, i'm afraid i will have to stept out. I dont have enough time for this because of school and theory studies.

Sorry

No problem just Keep in touch and good luck with your studies, especial if they are in theory, Thanks

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
post Mar 6 2008, 05:20 PM
Post #60

Learning Roadie

QUOTE (leedbreak @ Mar 4 2008, 05:57 PM) *
Since this is the uploads board, I better put one. I just sat here at work and cut up the last mp3 we made and came up with this. I used that lead I wrote as a pre chorus and it works nicely. Couple leads over some of this and we can post a song. The part my lead is over is easy to play a lead to, so lets hear it guys.

On the other hand, I am starting the hear a lyric or two. So I might just add some. The song is still laid out for them. I am trying hard not to add more guiter till someone else does first. tongue.gif

Attached File  3_4_08_Valley_Soldiers.mp3 ( 2.02MB ) Number of downloads: 127

My lyrics are headed in a direct that would mean what guitar has done to keep me out of trouble when I was a young lad. No really, think about it some.

I'm really impressed with the arrangement and the song is coming together now. I have some free time this weekend so I might get something put down over the top. Dunno what yet but I've a few ideas after I've listened to the track again.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 03:48 AM