Serj Tankian, Why solo????
Sweden
Dec 25 2007, 11:03 PM
GMC:er
A thing I wondered about the other day... why the hell is Serj Tankian (front man of SOAD) making a solo career?? I think the sound is pretty much exactly the same as System!
anyone that agrees??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Existenz
Dec 25 2007, 11:24 PM
While the sound is quite similar to System of a Down, Serj wanted to make a project that covers the topics he feels the strongest about, while System of a Down have been very political alot of their views have been masked by popularity, they are still there but not as in your face as to make new fans and more money.

With the solo project Serj can make the record in your face, completely weird and just really political. There are some songs on Elect The Dead that content wise won't make it on a modern System of a Down album, so while the projects fundamentally sound alike, lyrically they are completely different animals.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Sweden
Dec 25 2007, 11:42 PM
QUOTE (Existenz @ Dec 25 2007, 11:24 PM) *
While the sound is quite similar to System of a Down, Serj wanted to make a project that covers the topics he feels the strongest about, while System of a Down have been very political alot of their views have been masked by popularity, they are still there but not as in your face as to make new fans and more money.

With the solo project Serj can make the record in your face, completely weird and just really political. There are some songs on Elect The Dead that content wise won't make it on a modern System of a Down album, so while the projects fundamentally sound alike, lyrically they are completely different animals.

alright, yeah I've heard he is very political. Well I guess he is doing the right thing then!

(of the topic)But don't you think that his new music still is going to be associated with SOAD. I mean their fans would probably go to a Solo concert with just him, and the fans listening to SOAD will probably associate his solo texts with SOAD becouse they now that that is what he represents.
... So when I'm thinking about it he could just as well done the stuff with SOAD. I don't think they would lose that much comercials if they did.

But in the end I guess it doesn't really matter, they are both great and he is probably just reaching to more people with his solo stuff. I can't recall ever hearing SOAD on radio! wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:30 PM