Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 Days Till I Order My New Pickups....
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
muntahunta
... i have an Ibanez GRG170DX that has turned into my first project guitar and im ordering some new pickups on friday...

...i cant decide what i want though... im after a metal sound with great harmonics.

i was thinking dimarzios but they seem to be hard to get ahold of and i have no idea what model to get if i did get them.

i think im going to buy 2 humbuckers and miss out the single coil since i dont have the money for that right now.

so... im looking for 2 humbucker pickups for a combined price of around £100 (with a bit extra if needed).
also... if anyone has any good websites for pickups (im in the UK) please could you post them.

Thanks
Chris
Kevin98497
hey i am gonna buy some pickups this year. the best place for pickups are probably thomann => http://www.thomann.de/gb/cat.html?gf=humbu...kups&oa=ala
they got a good selection of pickups, lots of dimarzios 6 pages infact (25 per page)
im getting dimarzio super distortion soap bars to replace original ones on my tc-90
or http://www.guitarpartsshop.co.uk/acatalog/DiMarzio.html they got some pickups that thomann dnt have but they cost a few pence more in general
thomann needs to add some postage whilst guitar parts shop postage is included in the end they both add up to around the same price!!
u says you want a gd metal sound...http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=9967
ZakkWylde
Since you already have emg-81s in your les paul you want something diffrent i guess so try seymour duncan invader pu's or even a dimebucker if you need lots of hights and bass.
Goliath
The dimebucker is a good idea, I wouldn't screw around with an invader though. If you decide to get the Evo, which is a common thread among Ibz owners, then you'd get the DP 158 and DP 159 for the neck/bridge (can't remember which goes where, I'm sure the website can tell you).
MickeM
If you dare to take a shot at these (click) it's not costing you more than £50 for a couple humbuckers.

I've seen these long ago and listened to the sound samples and I for one like the vintage tone a lot.
Muris Varajic
THIS is what I use wink.gif
muntahunta
does anyone know if the dimebucker is an active pickup or not?
i like the dimebucker alot but i have no idea what to put it with...
i'd need another pickup for the neck.

i was thinking the APH-1 Alnico 2 pro humbucker.... (i like slash tongue.gif)
Toni Suominen
The Dimebucker pickup by Seymour Duncan is a passive pickup smile.gif
muntahunta
cool thanks biggrin.gif
Toni Suominen
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Jan 3 2008, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cool thanks biggrin.gif

No problem mate! smile.gif have you decided yet which you are going to order?
muntahunta
i think im going for a Dimebucker (bridge) and an APH-1 (neck)
its either that or i save up for a few month and get an atomic amp for my POD X3. think i'll go for the pickups though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.