Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Article Suggestions?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Wiki Writers
Iluha
If anyone wants to read about a certain topic, but it doesn't exist and he can't write about it on he's own, I think it will be good to gather all these topics in one thread!

I want to read about Sweep picking, all types of muting for it, and diffrent approaches and prehaps some suggestions for beginning sweep exercises! thanks!
Andrew Cockburn
Great idea! I'll pin this thread smile.gif
The Uncreator
Since i get a few PM's a week asking about a good place to start for metal genres, im gonna do a series of articles on the genres of metal smile.gif
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 5 2008, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since i get a few PM's a week asking about a good place to start for metal genres, im gonna do a series of articles on the genres of metal smile.gif

Excellent - that will fit well under the Genres Portal! When you are done we will put your articles under "featured articles".

QUOTE (Iluha @ Jan 5 2008, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If anyone wants to read about a certain topic, but it doesn't exist and he can't write about it on he's own, I think it will be good to gather all these topics in one thread!

Iluha - why don't you write and article about song writing? I think it would suit you! smile.gif
Iluha
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 5 2008, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excellent - that will fit well under the Genres Portal! When you are done we will put your articles under "featured articles".
Iluha - why don't you write and article about song writing? I think it would suit you! smile.gif

I'm defintly thinking about it, but it's a subject which is very hard to explain.. once I come up with something I'll write it smile.gif
Chris Evans
hey wiki writers smile.gif

I thought I`d give you some topics to work on, if you go to Matts article I`ve added links to some of his texts that I think requires articles to be written about, I plan on getting involved with this myself as soon as I have a bit more time (I really should be working laugh.gif ) but may help some of you with some ideas? smile.gif

heres the link to the page http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...niques/practice
The Uncreator
I added me first article, an intro into Death Metal!

Not yet done though, i will be adding separate articles for the mentioned sub-genres and more information for each section, feel free to check it out though!

http://guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.ph...res/Death_Metal
SLASH91
^ I like...can you do one on Thrash rolleyes.gif
The Uncreator
Yeah, will try to cover as many as possible!
Crazyfret
I was thinking, whilst I've done a talk on Leo Fender as part of a course on presentations I could write about the great man himself and the history of Fender guitars.
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Jan 15 2008, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking, whilst I've done a talk on Leo Fender as part of a course on presentations I could write about the great man himself and the history of Fender guitars.

Sounds like an excellent idea Crazy! biggrin.gif
Crazyfret
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 15 2008, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like an excellent idea Crazy! biggrin.gif

Cheers Kris I'll get onto it smile.gif
man0mule
I think it would be great to have an article on guitar set up. Showing how to correctly set the truss rod, intonation, string height. especially how to set these on different types of guitars.

my knowledge on the subject is quite limited.
Iluha
QUOTE (man0mule @ Mar 18 2008, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it would be great to have an article on guitar set up. Showing how to correctly set the truss rod, intonation, string height. especially how to set these on different types of guitars.

my knowledge on the subject is quite limited.

Amen to that!

That would be one helpfull article!
kaznie_NL
QUOTE (Iluha @ Mar 18 2008, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amen to that!

That would be one helpfull article!

+1 I also have problems with that so it would help! tongue.gif
Bondy
Could i suggest an article on different types of muting as i completely suck at this and could really do with some help with it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.