Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Experience As A Music Director For A Small-sh Church
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
purple hayes
Our church has been on the look out for a music director for a couple of months. I talked to a guy semi-jokingly about it and he said that I should send in a resume.

None of my work experience has anything to do with music, but I do have some music schooling in my background.

I doubt this position is full-time, and I really don't want to quit my day job unless this job was full time AND paid better than my day job.

I'm not 100% sure what the duties of the past music director's were, but from my view point of being a church member, I think I could probably handle what he did.

Anyone here have any similar experiences with something like this?
Dejan Farkas
I googled and found this info on duties of Music Director HERE

Music Director
The Music Director will support the Chapel Mission through music in the Chapel and in the community.
The Director will:

Perform music during the Sunday service, or arrange for another musician

Select music in coordination with the worship leader

Arrange for other performers for the Sunday service to enhance the theme selected by the worship leader and minister who is speaking

Organize a choir of chapel members
Encourage participation
Arrange practices
Select music that is appropriate for the chapel
Direct the choir during performances.
The Director will bring any problems or issues to the President or Senior Minister of the Chapel.

I don't know if all this applies in your church as well, and most probably it will not be paid better than a regular job, but check with them, maybe they will be willing to engage you in some way that you won't need to quit your job. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.