Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Endorsement - Elixir Strings
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Marcus Lavendell
Pages: 1, 2
Marcus Lavendell
Hey guys! smile.gif

I’m very happy to announce that I’ve now got an endorsement deal with Elixir Strings! biggrin.gif

It all happened very fast; They called me up last week, then I met them over lunch yesterday, we talked for an hour or so and then signed the contract. They also asked if I was interested in playing at guitar shows, clinics and stuff like that. So i’m very excited about it! biggrin.gif

-Marcus
OrganisedConfusion
That's amazing Marcus. Congratulations and you definitely deserve it. biggrin.gif
Marcus Lavendell
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 15 2008, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's amazing Marcus. Congratulations and you definitely deserve it. biggrin.gif

Thank you, OrganisedConfusion! smile.gif
DeepRoots
Awsome news! Thats a big name ohmy.gif

This is your ticket to fame Marcus !!! cool.gif

Many congratulations biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Chris Evans
Wow gratz Marcus! as Deeproots says could be just what you need to be on your way!

Excellent news biggrin.gif
Marcus Lavendell
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Jan 15 2008, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awsome news! Thats a big name ohmy.gif

This is your ticket to fame Marcus !!! cool.gif

Many congratulations biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks DeepRoots!!
Yes I'm very happy! biggrin.gif Maybe I'll appear on their website as well unsure.gif
coffeeman
congratulations Markus, Its awesome to see our instructors in the road to success.
Jeff
YES!!! Way to go Marcus!! That's awesome news!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I can't think of a more deserving person!

Elixir makes great strings. How did they hear about you?

Edit: does this mean you have to change your instructor info to read "what strings do you use?" answer "elixir!" laugh.gif
Bondy
Wow great well done
PlayAllDay
Congrats Marcus - that's fabulous. biggrin.gif I use Elixer's on my acoustics but my muso friends always talk me out of trying them on the electrics becuase they say that the tone suffers too much smile.gif - obviously you don't think this, I imagine you play mostly electric? So maybe I need to test them out after all...
Marcus Lavendell
Thanks a lot guys!! smile.gif

QUOTE (jeff @ Jan 15 2008, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Elixir makes great strings. How did they hear about you?

Edit: does this mean you have to change your instructor info to read "what strings do you use?" answer "elixir!" laugh.gif

They saw me the first time on YouTube, but I also got recommended by another guitarist (a swedish studio musician, who seem to have played with almost every artist in the world laugh.gif )

Yes, I think I'll change my info page to something like that laugh.gif
rokchik
That is amazing news Marcus. Congrats!!!!

I'm sure more folks will be knocking at your door before long. Amazing acheivment for an amazing guitarist and a pretty darn nice guy too smile.gif Congrats again.

rok
Bogdan Radovic
Congratulations Marcus !!! This is great news and I am very happy for you! wink.gif
Marcus Lavendell
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jan 15 2008, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure more folks will be knocking at your door before long.

Thank you Rok. I appreciate it!! biggrin.gif

Funny you mention that because there is actually another company who have contacted me... but nothing is definite yet, so I won't say who it is or even talk about it!! tongue.gif I've already said too much laugh.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Congratulations Marcus!! You are a GREAT guitar player so this is just the begining!

Cheers.

gabriel.-
Marcus Lavendell
Thank you Bogdan, and Gabriel! smile.gif
botoxfox
Congrats Marcus smile.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
Great news and very well deserved. Many congratulations Marcus smile.gif .
Cheers,
Tony
Kristofer Dahl
Congratulations Marcus - very well deserved! biggrin.gif
Gen
Awesome news! Congrats man! smile.gif
Marcus Lavendell
Thank you PlayAllDay, botoxfox, Tony, Kris and Gen biggrin.gif
drummingguitarist06
Congrats Marcus! Elixir's happen to be my favorite kind of string, I use nothing but. Maybe I can get you to send me a huge massive box of them biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif Lol. Congrats again.

Cheers,

Chris
Marcus Lavendell
QUOTE (drummingguitarist06 @ Jan 15 2008, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats Marcus! Elixir's happen to be my favorite kind of string, I use nothing but. Maybe I can get you to send me a huge massive box of them biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif Lol. Congrats again.

Cheers,

Chris

Yes, it definitely is great strings! smile.gif and I wish I had so many I could send you that huge box, and still have some for myself biggrin.gif

Btw, I'll be using the “Custom Light” set, with gauge: .009 .011 .016 .026w .036w .046w
rokchik
QUOTE (lavendell @ Jan 15 2008, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you Rok. I appreciate it!! biggrin.gif

Funny you mention that because there is actually another company who have contacted me... but nothing is definite yet, so I won't say who it is or even talk about it!! tongue.gif I've already said too much laugh.gif

Ohhh the suspense smile.gif

But seriously this is really cool Marcus. You must be very excited about all these new opportunities. They are very well deserved. It's just so great to see our instructors being so successful. It's just another testiment to the great community that is GMC smile.gif I so need to go practice now biggrin.gif

rok

PS: liking your new signature...oh and I use Elixirs for both my acoustic and electric...just wanted to mention that wink.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif
Muris Varajic
Beautiful news Marcus,my congrats,well deserved!!! smile.gif
Mackietao
great Marcus! I use elixir on my acoustic. because they sound good for so much longer!! Great strings! But for my electrics strings brake for other reasons then just age so I´ll go medium cheap ones there.

Just awsome with endorsement tongue.gif
Slammer
Hey Marcus that's great! smile.gif

Just don't forget us GMCer's when you're on your world tour biggrin.gif
chast
Great news, marcus, congratulations smile.gif
Now it is time to do some guitar clinics in the big german city Michelstadt! tongue.gif
Marcus Lavendell
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 15 2008, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Beautiful news Marcus,my congrats,well deserved!!! smile.gif

Thank you my friend! smile.gif
David Wallimann
Excellent Marcus!
I'm thrilled for you! :-)
Marcus Lavendell
QUOTE (Slammer @ Jan 15 2008, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Marcus that's great! smile.gif

Just don't forget us GMCer's when you're on your world tour biggrin.gif

GMC'ers - who?! unsure.gif huh.gif
Just kidding, I'll never forget you guys! biggrin.gif

Thank you Mackietao, Slammer, chast and Dave biggrin.gif
Iluha
Wow that's really great! you'r first step to greatness smile.gif
Marcus Lavendell
Thanks Iluha!

I think the first step was GMC though wink.gif
steve25
QUOTE (lavendell @ Jan 15 2008, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Iluha!

I think the first step was GMC though wink.gif

Perhaps, you did get a lot of fans here ones that you'll probably have forever tongue.gif. Congratulations you definitely deserve it, another step forwards for you
Nick325
awsome man
inertia
Congrats Marcus, you really deserve it. You have not only one of the best techniques I have ever seen, but your soul in the playing is pretty much unparalleled which to me is the most important quality in guitar playing.

Cheers,
Joe
g-forcelover
Congrats!!! maybe i should post a bunch of guitar solo videos on youtube and see if i get anyhting! laugh.gif laugh.gif
oh yeah, I've been to you and Kris' hometowns in sweden!!! best country ever!
Tjchep
Well, you are probably the BEST "unknown" guitarist i've ever heard.

So I'm really happy for you, you deserved it. I hope you get more fans, then you will feel you need to release your first CD!

smile.gif. Congrats again.
Mick Hurst
Congratulations, I'm really pleased for you rolleyes.gif
The Uncreator
Awesome News!!

Maybe you could do some clinics down in St. Pete Florida in the future rolleyes.gif
Smikey2006
Congratulations smile.gif Im sure this will help you on the road to stardum smile.gif It must feel awsome!
KRmachine
Wow, this is great news. If anyone on this site deserves success it's you! smile.gif
preownedguitar
Oh my goodness! This is great Marcus! Maybe you will be able to have your own studio soon enough after all. I wish only the best for you in the future!
JVM
Congratulations Marcus! I'm really happy for you, this is an awesome thing to happen to you and I can't wait to see where you go. Like everyone else said, you're a great guitarist.

Ooh yeah forgot to mention, I use elixirs as well tongue.gif Though I haven't been able to get a hand on any 9's, this is my second pack of 10s but I love em anyway.
Marcus Lavendell
Thank you all for your kind comments! smile.gif
MickeM
Great news!!! And how funny, I think muris switched to Elixir a couple of days ago then someone had a post about that you should do a clinic in Gothenburg and now you're switching to Elixir and will be doing clinics. blink.gif

I'm excited to see what the next deal is going to be! biggrin.gif

Happy for you! smile.gif
Hemlok
Congrats Marcus! This is a fantastic achievement, I thoroughly enjoy all your lessons and am hanging out for an album biggrin.gif I am yet to try Elixir strings but it is nearly time to refresh my strings so i'm going to give the 9 to 46's a go smile.gif

Keep rocking!
moles
Congrats marcus !

hope this is the start for something big for you
very deserving imo =]

now im waiting for an album! tell me where to buy it and i will =P

moles.
Marcus Lavendell
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 16 2008, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great news!!! And how funny, I think muris switched to Elixir a couple of days ago then someone had a post about that you should do a clinic in Gothenburg and now you're switching to Elixir and will be doing clinics. blink.gif

I'm excited to see what the next deal is going to be! biggrin.gif

Happy for you! smile.gif

Thanks Micke!! And yes, that is funny! biggrin.gif
Somebody here how is a clairvoyant??? laugh.gif

Thanks Hemlok, and moles biggrin.gif
Andrew Cockburn
Wow, Marcus, that's cool - you are in the big time now smile.gif

I started using Elixirs 6 months ago and loved them - now I love them even more because they are endorsed by one of my guitar heroes ")
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.