Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amp Or Quitar
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
besip
HI all

i'm just wondering what you thing all about this
i'm own my first quitar and Amp 5 month like beghiner i'm did buy my Esp vipe 50 quitar then small Amp Marshall Mg15cd and Digitech df-7 pedal

and now my question --soon or later i'm wanna upgrade my stuff..i'm was thinking spend around 500-600$ or if i'm be have enough money maybe around 1000$.

So what's be better to made better sound like i'm have now
1.invest the money to the quitar
2.or invest the money to buy new amp

thanks forr all respond rolleyes.gif
JVM
QUOTE (besip @ Jan 26 2008, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI all

i'm just wondering what you thing all about this
i'm own my first quitar and Amp 5 month like beghiner i'm did buy my Esp vipe 50 quitar then small Amp Marshall Mg15cd and Digitech df-7 pedal

and now my question --soon or later i'm wanna upgrade my stuff..i'm was thinking spend around 500-600$ or if i'm be have enough money maybe around 1000$.

So what's be better to made better sound like i'm have now
1.invest the money to the quitar
2.or invest the money to buy new amp

thanks forr all respond rolleyes.gif

I'd say depends. If you want the most possible difference in tone, get a new amp, it'll affect your sound more than playing a new guitar through the same amp. Then again, if you want to, get a nice guitar now (you can get a top notch guitar for that budget if you allow closer to $1000 than $600) and save up to buy a really great amp later. A really top notch amp will probably cost more than a guitar. So I say up to you cool.gif
besip
Thanks for responding hope next coming rolleyes.gif

The question still is..if i'm later buy let say quitar or Amp lets say around 600-1000$ whats gonna made better sound

new quitar over old Amp marshall Mg15cd
or new Amp over Esp viper 50 cool.gif
Moon Boots
The new amp with a Esp viper 50 would definalty sound better, yes.

The quality of the amp only effects the tone, but while the guitar effects the tone the main advantage of a great guitar is feeling comfortable and finding things easier to play.

Great guitar and current amp = Massive comfort improvement and medium tone improvement
Great amp and current guitar = Massive tone improvement but no comfort improvement

Hope that helps smile.gif
Muris Varajic
Hmm..this might sound odd but...
I suggest you to invest your money
into tons of picks and strings(and maybe some cheap modeler w/fxs).
You have fine guitar atm,pedal and an amp is more than great for beginner.
When I was beginner,well,I played 1-2 years WITHOUT owning a guitar,
not to mention rest of the gear etc. biggrin.gif

Anyhow,picks and strings,which means hard work.
If this is too odd for you,then go for guitar or an amp,you're the boss after all. smile.gif
MickeM
I'f you're happy with your guitar I'd say stock with it and get a new amp. That will change your sound the most.
Ivan Milenkovic
I would always suggest that you buy the best instrument you can possibly can. Forget the amps, its the guitar that you practice every day and not the amp. So it is clear to you why the instrument has to be on the first place.
Twibeard
Or just change both ... For $600 I would get 1 x Line6 Spider-3 75W Combo (ekstremly fun for starters, and very loud on gigs. Price: $299,- And I would get 1 x Ibanez RG-321, Price: $279 ... The you got $21 left for beers! And then you just Rock On ... and you got two guitars! cool.gif

besip
laugh.gif i'v got like 4 totaly diferent answers..somebody recomedet quitar somebody{lot of you} APM and somebody change pickups tongue.gif

actualy i'm like this answer-------
Great guitar and current amp = Massive comfort improvement and medium tone improvement
Great amp and current guitar = Massive tone improvement but no comfort improvement

the main point for me is..if i'm spend the money what i'm want i'm will be have for sure better sound anyway right??

i'm will let you know guys if i'm be ready cool.gif

Twibeard---you did goodd job tongue.gif 21$ left it's ok..then you can just thing where you gonna spend those 21$ or in basic Shoping store or in Bar{restaurant} becouse the difference in a count of beer can be big laugh.gif
Hisham Al-Sanea
i see to change the guitar and if you have enough money do it for the amp also
Pavel
QUOTE (besip @ Jan 27 2008, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif i'v got like 4 totaly diferent answers..somebody recomedet quitar somebody{lot of you} APM and somebody change pickups tongue.gif

I read a lot of articles on internet and guitar techs do not suggest replacing pickups because the sound of guitar is delivered by both the wood quality and the pickups. So if you have a crappy guitar than new pickups won't help you much. Better sell your old guitar for as much as you can and add that pickups price, and get a DECENT guitar.

Look! If you can spend 1000$ than you can get some decent gear. For example: you can get a Marshall AVT50x Check it here or something similar for around 500$. Why an amp? because a 15Watt amp can't make a decent sound for you to enjoy it. Get something stronger. Look for affordable amps around 500$ - i bet you can find some really good one's.

For 500$ you can also pick up a pretty good Ibanez RG.

Now there are different ways to go. You can go for a better amp and keep you current guitar. OR you can keep your current amp and get a 700$ guitar which will be killer but than you'll have to play it on a crappy amp.

Final word: get yourself a decent amp first smile.gif OR if you really want both - make it 500/500 as you CAN find some good stuff for that price smile.gif

Good luck buddy!
ZakkWylde
Go for Pavel's 50/50 idea. It's what I did when I started to play guitar and I'm still happy with my beginning equip for 500$ each...
Pavel
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jan 27 2008, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go for Pavel's 50/50 idea. It's what I did when I started to play guitar and I'm still happy with my beginning equip for 500$ each...

Can you share your gear with us? What did you get for your start?
Muris Varajic
Or tube amp 15 watts smile.gif
That's quite enough power for you but not sure about prices tho... dry.gif
besip
thanks forr all answers..actualy i'm dont know what is more crap if my esp viper 50 or masrshal mg 15 but probally the amp rolleyes.gif ..like i'm say i'm not gonna buy nothing tomorow bu you never now maybe i'm will se something good and at the same time i'm be have money and my girlfriend be ok with that so i'm be go and buy something

actualy i'm play just 5 month and i'm still testing my self if i'm will like it in future..but i'm thing yes becouse i'm still dreaming at night about scale and song and other stuff laugh.gif

definetely when i'm next time buy something i'm dont wanna change it so early

right now the amp and quitar is ok specialy when i'm play something like pavel heavy metal lesson...but when i'm play clean chanel{john frusticane} the sound is poor

i'm will let you know guys when i'm be ready and thats be maybe tomorow or maybe after couple month rolleyes.gif
ZakkWylde
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 27 2008, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you share your gear with us? What did you get for your start?

Marshall Avt50x and a Jackson King V for 500$ each
besip
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jan 27 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Marshall Avt50x and a Jackson King V for 500$ each

hey i'm find the amp for 389$ rolleyes.gif

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MSHAVT50X
KloCkWorXx
zakk wylde practices with 299 USD marshall mini stacks, and with all his overdrive n effects, sounds great.. having high priced gear is great, but it wont make u sound any better if u arent good..

but with a nice guitar with a nice comfortable neck and good action can totally help your playing better then an amp would..

JVM
QUOTE (KloCkWorXx @ Jan 27 2008, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
zakk wylde practices with 299 USD marshall mini stacks, and with all his overdrive n effects, sounds great.. having high priced gear is great, but it wont make u sound any better if u arent good..

but with a nice guitar with a nice comfortable neck and good action can totally help your playing better then an amp would..

Yes, I think I'm starting to agree with this line of thought more. You can always buy the great amp later, now are your formative times so I think it might be a good idea to have a nice guitar for you to practice on.
Bluefinger
As long as I'm playing and practicing alone at home I'd simply save my money. You have a good guitar and an appropriate practising amp. As soon as you start playing with others you'll immediately know what's missing. First of all, that's probably the amp which is a good choice for playing at home but not in a band for several reasons.

You can always buy "better" equipment but we guitarists are never completely satisfied. So this discussion usually starts over and over again. But you won't be a better guitar player by just spending money. rolleyes.gif
besip
QUOTE (Bluefinger @ Jan 28 2008, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As long as I'm playing and practicing alone at home I'd simply save my money. You have a good guitar and an appropriate practising amp. As soon as you start playing with others you'll immediately know what's missing. First of all, that's probably the amp which is a good choice for playing at home but not in a band for several reasons.

You can always buy "better" equipment but we guitarists are never completely satisfied. So this discussion usually starts over and over again. But you won't be a better guitar player by just spending money. rolleyes.gif

sure i'm don't wanna be better quitar player becouse i'm will be have{in my dreams laugh.gif } quitar for 2000$ and amp for 3000$ for example

actualy i'm leave in apartament and i'm never even use the whole power of the small 15W Amp i'm was suprise bud the small Amp is preety loud for apartament..but the main point of that post is quality sound!!!!!!

and like i'm write before i'm not playning to buy some equipment tomorow i'm playning that later but you never now when you be have money and at same time you find Good things to Buy..Thats all about rolleyes.gif
Pavel
QUOTE (besip @ Jan 28 2008, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey i'm find the amp for 389$ rolleyes.gif

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MSHAVT50X

Even better! You see - you got a choice and i think you can get both amp and guitar! Good sound and a comfortable neck will make you progress much faster and you will ENJOY your playing - which is the most important thing smile.gif Good luck man, let us know when you decide what to get smile.gif
besip
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 28 2008, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even better! You see - you got a choice and i think you can get both amp and guitar! Good sound and a comfortable neck will make you progress much faster and you will ENJOY your playing - which is the most important thing smile.gif Good luck man, let us know when you decide what to get smile.gif

sure!!!!! you are all more profesional like me..so when i'm decide to go buy something new i'm let you know cool.gif then i'm goona pick probbaly 3-4 things what all of you will recomendet me..then i'm visit probbaly samash becouse this store is around and try what is comfortable and buy laugh.gif ..thats all game plane

and i'm just recognize i'm was wrong with the ling for the Amp becouse the Amp is MG series rolleyes.gif
Gus
Hi. It is a late answer, but let me suggest you yet another solution.

Get a POD X3 (live), good headphones and start saving money for a new guitar.

The POD amp simulations will give you the sound you want without disturbing any other apartment wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.