Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cam System
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Instructors Corner
Hisham Al-Sanea
what is your camera system and what did you think Pal or Ntsc is much better to the site
Bogdan Radovic
PAL here...Hmm I don't think there is any difference in quality..Pal has 25 and NTSC has 29 fps..but that is not visible..Its all up to your type of camera - PAL or NTSC...You won't gain anything if you compress PAL to NTSC for example.. wink.gif
Muris Varajic
Another Pal.
But you can set different settings while exporting video from editing software.
Try different types of video files,codecs,fps etc.
Upload small videos,like pilots,and check them all.
Dejan Farkas
i have NTSC cam, and i keep it in that format, although PAL is higher in resolution (576 horizontal lines) than NTSC (480 horizontal lines), while on the other hand NTSC has better frame rate 29 FPS, and if you convert it to 25 FPS PAL you will notice the difference, the same happens to resolution, 480 lines (NTSC) to 576 (PAL). When you convert from PAL to NTSC there are less losses in resolution but it is noticable since the frame rate is reduced. It is true that human eye cannot notice the difference between 25 and 29 fps, but surely the higher the frame rate, the smoother the picture smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
I think you should upload in system in which your cam natively records... wink.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
You can choose in what system you record on the camera, and you should keep that system throughout the editing process. NTSC here.
Dejan Farkas
I cannot choose, mine is NTSC. And I agree, keep the same system throughout the editing smile.gif
Hisham Al-Sanea
thanks guys for the information ..
my cams is NTC 30s fram so i desided to buy one pal system, but usually i encode my AVI to WMV high quality small video i can say really nice and true color and same suyncro but it low the light than the AVI .and today i tried encoding to FLV it has the same light as AVI but a little different in sync between audio and video .i am working under 1000.W light projector .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.