Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello Gmcers.
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Introduce Yourself !
DeadPool
My name is Victor and I live in Georgia, USA. I've been playing the guitar for a while now, self-taught, and I came to a sort of plateau where I wasn't progressing on any level. I've only been using the lessons here for two days, but I can tell I'm going to see some improvement. The first lesson I've been trying to do is David Wallimann's mode lesson. I've been working at it vigilantly and I have the ionian and dorian boxes down. I just started on the phrygian, but my wrist started to make odd popping noises while I was fretting up and down the scale.

I figured that was a good sign to take a break and introduce myself.

I'm a little on the low end, gear wise. I've got a cheap Danelectro guitar and a Fender bass amp. I have another amp, but it sounds really terrible so that's why I'm using the bass amp. I only have one pedal, and it's a Line6 Echo Park delay pedal. It's pretty cool, but I don't really know how to put it to good use.

So I guess I just wanted to say hello to everyone. Maybe you guys could even suggest a good lesson to do after the mode one? I've got the fundamentals down, I.e. chords/scales/other techniques. I can probably do level 3-4 lessons. So if there were any that you guys found particularly helpful or just fun to play, please let me know.

I hope to thrive here. It looks like a wonderful community.
OrganisedConfusion
Welcome to GMC man. All of the AP lessons in the resource are well worth trying out.
Pavel
Welcome Victor! It's cool you found your way to this website! Enjoy your staying man! If you don't know which lesson to try - you can search them by style or difficulty in our SEARCH box - it really helps smile.gif
Jerry Arcidiacono
Welcome to GMC Victor smile.gif
You can use also the video lessons section to find some style you like.
Stevie-Ray-Vaughn
Welcome to GMC Victor! smile.gif
Nemanja Filipovic
Wlcome to GMC Victor..... smile.gif
Smikey2006
welcome to gmc smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Hello man! Welcome to GMC!
Ivan Milenkovic
Welcome to the site man. If you have any specific questions feel free to post them in the corresponding boards. We will answer all your questions ASAP smile.gif
Chris Evans
Hey mate welcome to GMC smile.gif
Kizaze44
Welcome!

I would suggest learning some lessons that you think sound great and really grip your soul. For me it was Marcus' Winding Roads and Evening Blues, and man, I've learned so much from them in a short amount of time.

Kizaze
Muris Varajic
Welcome Victor! smile.gif

All suggestions above are good,check them all out!
UncleSkillet
Hey man I am from Ohio. smile.gif Welcome to GMC!!! Found this site and it is a great place to learn. I played for a pretty long time (got by, but never new what I was doings, all by ear playing covers) and got in a place where I was bored. Didn't feel like there was anything new worth learning or anyone that could make things make sense (theory wise). Big hair days! Everyone was worried about chicks and partying. After a 9 year break from playing and the birth of my son (Cory) I decided that I was going to find a way to finish what I started and pass on something that I feel he could be very good at.

Long way of just saying, “Welcome to GMC “!
visi0n
Welcome Victor smile.gif enjoy your stay
botoxfox
Welcome
Marcus Lavendell
Welcome to GMC smile.gif
DeadPool
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I can tell this is going to be great!
Mark.
Welcome to GMC!! smile.gif
I KNOW you''ll enjoy your stay tongue.gif smile.gif laugh.gif

Mark.
mattacuk
Welcome my friend!! And dont worry about your gear, all you need to be a great guitarist is right here smile.gif
Andrew Cockburn
Welcome!
Hisham Al-Sanea
welcome to GMC
Dejan Farkas
Welcome to GMC smile.gif
Gen
Welcome smile.gif
Juan M. Valero
Welcome to GMC wink.gif have fun !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.