Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tc Electronics G-force
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Gear Reviews
Muris Varajic
Wiki link
Juan M. Valero
yeah, great review !!!! another time my GAS is increasing...

Some of my friends got it and they always say that is an amazing multiefects wink.gif
Muris Varajic
Thanks Juan!

Yeah,it IS amazing unit indeed. smile.gif
Marcus Lavendell
Great review Muris. Thanks! smile.gif

I'm not sure what "THD" is. What does it mean? unsure.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (lavendell @ Feb 18 2008, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure what "THD" is. What does it mean? unsure.gif

Same here Marcus,I have no idea. blink.gif
I took those specs from their website,I'd be hard to write it all manually.
But I'm sure isn't nothing that important since they are using short name for it.
Btw,I hate those short names,don't you? laugh.gif
Trond Vold
THD means total harmonic distortion.. and instead of me using wobbly english trying to explain it, there's a great article on wiki about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_harmonic_distortion
Muris Varajic
Thanks Trond!!! smile.gif

Edit:I'm reading all those formulas,I just suck when it comes to physics biggrin.gif
Pavel
No wonder Steve Vai used this one as his main effect processor for so many years smile.gif Nice review Muris! I hope to get myself one, one day...

Muris Varajic
Thanks Pavel,I wish the same for you! smile.gif
DeepRoots
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 18 2008, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No wonder Steve Vai used this one as his main effect processor for so many years smile.gif Nice review Muris! I hope to get myself one, one day...

I fairly sure Vai uses the TC electronics G system not the G force, i dont know the specs difference but i know his is a little more expensive unsure.gif
Pavel
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Feb 18 2008, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I fairly sure Vai uses the TC electronics G system not the G force, i dont know the specs difference but i know his is a little more expensive unsure.gif

G-System is a one year old product, until this year he used G-Force for YEARS, and just switched to G-System recently wink.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 18 2008, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
G-System is a one year old product, until this year he used G-Force for YEARS, and just switched to G-System recently wink.gif

Yeah,I know that,not sure if it's caused by product quality since it's same thing as G-Force,floor edition.
I believe it's more related to marketing and buck. wink.gif
DeepRoots
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 18 2008, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ahh cool - thanks for the info
Ivan Milenkovic
Great piece of gear Muris. Another great buy. smile.gif

I would always say that Processors don't sound good when playing live, but with this unit and it's pricetag... I would reconsider smile.gif
Muris Varajic
First we must describe what processor is. smile.gif
If processor tries to do gain/dist work,it always ends bad.
Like on some Zoom,Digitech etc unit.
But if it's related only to effects,then the result is pretty nice. wink.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Yes off-chorus wink.gif I didn't say that this processor acts as a distortion modeller unit, I just complimented it's quality. I'm sure it's a great unit. There are a lot of mulitFX units that don't do a good job on effects either, and in my book that's a lot because I'm not a proc fan, but as I said, with this unit I would really have to reconsider.
Muris Varajic
Spot on!
I didn't use lots of efxs as well,bit of delay and some chorus here and there.
But with this G-Force,options(good ones) are open wide. wink.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
What effects do you use from the device on gigs? I'm guessing that you've used it already...
Muris Varajic
Well not too many so far,basic stuff like delay,chorus,halls,comp.
But they sound sooo great,it's just like you haven't used efxs before. smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
I would be happy really to use only those 4 effects from that unit and it will definitely show on a gig. Must buy something similar as soon as I get my hands on some $. smile.gif
Tjchep
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 20 2008, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would be happy really to use only those 4 effects from that unit and it will definitely show on a gig. Must buy something similar as soon as I get my hands on some $. smile.gif

Ivan, you should try out the TC electronics G-major.

Its much cheaper, around the $250 mark on ebay, $400 new.
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Feb 21 2008, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ivan, you should try out the TC electronics G-major.

Its much cheaper, around the $250 mark on ebay, $400 new.

Absolutely,G-Major is great unit as well. smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Hey Muris, what's the REAL difference between Major and Force models? Are the effects in better quality, there is more of them, something third?
Muris Varajic
Perhaps basic "sound" of effects is same in 80%,G-Force has more parameters for better editing,
more effects blocks and few other features but nothing major imho.
Tjchep
And I must ad the G-major is a bit more fragile than the G-force, not as well made.
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Feb 21 2008, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I must ad the G-major is a bit more fragile than the G-force, not as well made.

Oh yeah,it's plastic case I think,G-force has metal case.
Tjchep
And G-major doesnt have a harmonizer!! ;(.

Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Feb 21 2008, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And G-major doesnt have a harmonizer!! ;(.

Seems like you know a lot more about it!! biggrin.gif

Yeah,few effects less,including harmonizer. wink.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Cool, good to know, thanks! smile.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 21 2008, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool, good to know, thanks! smile.gif

But that's really not big deal!
Go to TC page,listen to the samples,it's sounds really good. smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
I've listened to the samples that you've posted and they do sound out of space, but I must confess that I wouldn't use all that universe of effects. I woudl use maybe 4-5 effects (nost simultaneosly) and that's it, but when I get the money, I'll buy something similar for sure. Then I have to hire a roadie too, because I'm having troubles carrying around even my good ol' pedalboard smile.gif
Danilo Capezzuto
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Feb 21 2008, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And it seems to "color" your sound. Give a try at some rocktron, the xpression is good, the intelliverb too!
Ivan Milenkovic
Thanks for the tip man! smile.gif
Dejan Farkas
Thank you for the review mate smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.