Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buzzzzzzzzzz
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
DeepRoots
I've had a little problem with my guitar for a while- but only now have i decided to post about it.

My pickups always emitt a kind of buzz noise- you can hear it on my LOTD entries

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=11749

Weird thing is that on bridge position it is worst but then if i select the middle+bridge position then it is gone.

Another weird thng is that when im in bridge position, if i place my fingers on my input jack then it goes again.

Any help/advice/info/miracles would be much appreciated smile.gif
Andrew Cockburn
I'm guessing you have single coil pickups? A strat maybe?

this is fairly normal then - the reason it dissapears in the moddle position is that the pickuos are wired out of phase in that position which cancels out the hum - just like a humbucker. Its just the price you pay for that single coil sound.

On the other hand, if you have humbuckers, then you could be looking at earthing problems.
DeepRoots
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Feb 23 2008, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm guessing you have single coil pickups? A strat maybe?

this is fairly normal then - the reason it dissapears in the moddle position is that the pickuos are wired out of phase in that position which cancels out the hum - just like a humbucker. Its just the price you pay for that single coil sound.

On the other hand, if you have humbuckers, then you could be looking at earthing problems.

I have S-S-H

so i guess its earthing then. How can i settle this? One point of note is the amount of computer/tv equipment i have around my amp (i've a very small room)
Ivan Milenkovic
It's definitely earthning problem if you don't hear buzzing after you touch the input plug metal. You have to do some soldering or take it to someone who knows this stuff.
Chris Evans
I`ve found in the past the most common place for the earth wire to be either loose or a bad/dry connection is where it is soldered onto the input jack of the guitar, normlly resoldering cures it, have a look inside to see if you have any possible loose connections.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.