Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Amp
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Chris-triff
hi

here is christian again, since i bought my first guitar (a squire beginner pack) ive been using the sqiuer sp10 amp and i hate it. it has soooo ugly sound and i was thinking about buying new one. the best i found was line 6 spider 3, there arent many music stores here so....

i was wondering what is your opinion about this amp i think it sounds very nice with all the effects and all that....

so tell me, if you have any other suggestion in that price range (about 400-500 dollars)

unsure.gif
christian
Chris-triff
anyone?
Trond Vold
Never tried any of the Line 6 spiders, but judging from reviews.. it's more than good enough as a practice-amp
Chris-triff
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Feb 28 2008, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never tried any of the Line 6 spiders, but judging from reviews.. it's more than good enough as a practice-amp

Yeah, practice that is what am going to do...

takk trond
Trond Vold
Btw..Ever tried a Roland Cube-60? I believe those are good too. And not that expensive.

Review of it here: http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...pic=9727&hl
Chris-triff
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Feb 28 2008, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Btw..Ever tried a Roland Cube-60? I believe those are good too. And not that expensive.

Review of it here: http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...pic=9727&hl

no i havent but i guess i will go and try one if i find one here... as i said there arent many music strores here
VinceG
hmm. are you talking about the spider with like a bazzilion pre-sets or just the standard spider with a few effects and stuff?

I guess for beginners, there pretty good. Good price for something that sounds decent. On the long run, it will sound more and more digital but it won't matter unless your a tone seeker.
Chris-triff
QUOTE (VinceG @ Feb 28 2008, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm. are you talking about the spider with like a bazzilion pre-sets or just the standard spider with a few effects and stuff?

I guess for beginners, there pretty good. Good price for something that sounds decent. On the long run, it will sound more and more digital but it won't matter unless your a tone seeker.

i was thinking abot the bazzilion pre-sets ones maybe the 75watts or th 120watts
it sounds good
rolleyes.gif thanks
glazmusik
The amp that I got as a beginner was a Marshall MG100DFX, and I was able to get it like $400. It's a 100watt combo with some ok effects built in, so it's a little big for a beginner, but it has lasted me and is suitable for doing gigs with. It doesn't sound like anything amazing, but it's good for a solid state. If you want something for a practice amp that can be more than just a practice amp, that's what I would go with.
audiopaal
Considered a Vox? If not, you should..
I think the effects in the AD-series is better than the Line6.

But I've only heard the Line6, never tried it myself so I might be wrong but..

I've got a vox and it's phenomenal smile.gif

And as Trond said, The Roland Cube series are good as well!
Ivan Milenkovic
If it is for practice, I wouldn't considering buying a 100W! You will never use it above 2-3 in volume indoors man. For practice 15W tube amp, or a 30 watt solidstate (with a 12" speaker) will do just FINE. If you can't find anything similar, then try some Vox Valvetronic's if you can find them . They are imo better than Line6. A small Valvetronic around 50W will be just enough.
Muris Varajic
Oh yeah,Valvetronic 50w(or even30) is great practice amp.
You can check out some Peaveys as well,not sure of models tho.
Chris-triff
thanks to all of you,
i was looking for a vox and reeding about them but i havent found one here. Ive found some marshall amps but i didnt liked them so much, everything is better than squier thougth. he he
ive seen some fender amps around i dont know what model, well i dont know
i guess im gonna look in other music stores
Outlaw2112
I have the Line 6 spyder 120 and its awesome... It has mad effects built into it and has many many different nice sounds you can get outta it... I love it
glazmusik
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 29 2008, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it is for practice, I wouldn't considering buying a 100W! You will never use it above 2-3 in volume indoors man. For practice 15W tube amp, or a 30 watt solidstate (with a 12" speaker) will do just FINE. If you can't find anything similar, then try some Vox Valvetronic's if you can find them . They are imo better than Line6. A small Valvetronic around 50W will be just enough.

Yeah, that's the only thing that I regret. I wish that I had something smaller just for practice.
KloCkWorXx
just for practice id get a battery amp like micro cube or vox.. then u can practice anywhere
Ivan Milenkovic
Battery amp is unusable really, it doesn't have a good sound and it will probably have worse sound than his current amp.

Well depending what you can find there I would say, again, that a 15W tube amp or 50W solidstate both with 12" speakers will be the maximum amount of power that you need for home practice in order to have a nice sound too. So check something along those lines.
ChrisVdS
QUOTE (Chris-triff @ Feb 29 2008, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi

here is christian again, since i bought my first guitar (a squire beginner pack) ive been using the sqiuer sp10 amp and i hate it. it has soooo ugly sound and i was thinking about buying new one. the best i found was line 6 spider 3, there arent many music stores here so....

i was wondering what is your opinion about this amp i think it sounds very nice with all the effects and all that....

so tell me, if you have any other suggestion in that price range (about 400-500 dollars)

unsure.gif
christian

I have the Squier beginner pack aswell i received my pack from Musicstore somewhere in germany and the day after i drove to a musicstore and bought a Roland Cube 20X its like a million times better and has allot of built in effects and modes so you get a decent sound out of that Squier. The cube 20x was 175 euros the 15x a bit over 100 euros and the 30x was 225 euros it's real value for money wink.gif

this is a video revieuw of the cube 20x:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srvla73vpok...feature=related

Hope this helped!
Chris-triff
I forgot to tell you that it isnt just for practice i may use it for small gigs at school too, and im looking forwad to find a band and practice (but most for practice at home)
and i dont want a battery amp as ivan said i think they sound bad and bateries cost a lot here if youre going to use the amp a lot, and abous roland amps: i havent seen any of them aroun here

Ivan: could you tell me what a solistate is, i dont kow much of this
Ivan Milenkovic
If you must use it for small gigs that it's another story. 12" speaker and 75W Hybrid, or 40W tube amp are minimum that you need.

Check Vox 100 Valvetronic, Marshall DSL401, Randall RG75W,or maybe some Peavey's, but hey do not have a good clean. Randall's have great Fender-like cleans, especially hybrids
Davidian
I have line 6 spider III 120w and friend has Randall RG75 and both are great amps! I must say that Randall amp is better for clean and stuff liek that, and line 6 for some nice and hard metal!
Ivan Milenkovic
Well, Spider definitely has lot more options and maybe better effects, but I think Randall has a better sound in general.
Chris-triff
hei there ive finally found something cool here
i found the vox valvetronix 100

so here are my option for a new amp

1 wait for a line 6 75 that is coming soon 390 dollars

2 buy a vox valvetronix 100wts for 500 dollars

or take a trip next year to london and buy something nice (just kidding i cant afford to do that)
Bogdan Radovic
I agree with Randall amp recommendation!! Its just very good and maybe best when considering your price range. Do you have any stores in your vicinity to try one out ?
Chris-triff
no randall aroud here m8 looked everywere
Chris-triff
hi

ive just bougth the vox valvetronix ad50vt
and i love it
it has many great sounds
so i think thats the best choise i could have taken

thanks for your recomendations
Ivan Milenkovic
Yes, the Vox Valvetronic could be a great shot too wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.