Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sound Help
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > INSTRUCTORS > Gabriel Leopardi
Amunra4002
Ok i'm using a Jackson DKMG, only i added Dimarzio Evolution2 pickups. I play using a line 6 spider 3. I seem to notice this odd crunch sound when i'm playing my high/lead notes right before the actuall tone of the note comes out, any pointers or sugestions?

-thanks man,
Matt
USAMAN
You might be exceeding the speed of sound..are you related to Muris?
Gabriel Leopardi
I don't know that pocessor but maybe it has a problem. You should contact someone that has the line 6 pedal. Or maybe you are exceeding the speed of sound as USAMAN says... laugh.gif
USAMAN
can you record it so we can hear it ..this may shed some light on the problem.
RIP Dime
Does it sound like a "chuk chuk" kind of sound? Just kind of a guess, but it could be that you are hearing the pick strike right before the note somes out. I don't really think you could do much about that, because I can hear the pickstrike on many pro albums, like Machine Head's song Halo. Dimarzio Evolutions have a really bright sound, and that coupled with playing high notes could result in hearing "too much" if you know what I mean.

I personally don't like that sound and I find that turning down the highs can sort of decrease the intensity of the sound. But when Gabriel uses his neck pickup I can't hear the pickstrike at all!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.