Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Have Bought A Bass Guitar
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
superize
I have decided that i am goig to learn to play Bass and i won this on Tradera today

http://www.tradera.com/auction/auction.aspx?aid=58529851
Bogdan Radovic
Awesome man ! I hope it will serve you well! smile.gif
superize
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Mar 2 2008, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome man ! I hope it will serve you well! smile.gif

I hope so to.....

I hope your lessons will help me improv a lot
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (superize @ Mar 2 2008, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope so to.....

I hope your lessons will help me improv a lot

Thanks I will do my best to help you in that matter wink.gif

Cheers ! wink.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Wow that's great, congratulations smile.gif
g-forcelover
sweet! i almost got a $200 bass guitar, but recording equipment was to tempting!
Nemanja Filipovic
guitar is beatifull...:)hope you enjoy playing this incredible bass:)
Hisham Al-Sanea
congrat man bass is an awoesome instrument
Davidian
And if Bogdan lesson's help! I've been playing on a bass of a friend for a few days now and those lessons are so cool to play!

Gl with bass and you sure will enjoy it!
botoxfox
Congrats with your new instrument. smile.gif
Fran
Cool instrument smile.gif

I'm thinking of getting a bass guitar lately too, but I know nothing about it, hopefully you can apply some of the guitar knowledge to play the bass, such as scales.

Maybe I'll give it a try in summer wink.gif

Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (Fran @ Mar 4 2008, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool instrument smile.gif

I'm thinking of getting a bass guitar lately too, but I know nothing about it, hopefully you can apply some of the guitar knowledge to play the bass, such as scales.

Maybe I'll give it a try in summer wink.gif

You can definitely transfer knowledge from guitar to bass and its a great start..Try it out its fun to play wink.gif
Marshmall0wz
Looks like a great bass. I didn't start on a five string but i think it'll be quite fun.
enjoy!
superize
QUOTE (Marshmall0wz @ Mar 4 2008, 04:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like a great bass. I didn't start on a five string but i think it'll be quite fun.
enjoy!

I didnt actually plan on starting on a 5 string and i realised my misstake after i made the bid and then it was to late but i dont think it would be a problem
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (superize @ Mar 4 2008, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didnt actually plan on starting on a 5 string and i realised my misstake after i made the bid and then it was to late but i dont think it would be a problem

Yeah you can rest your thumb on that low B string quite nicely and play it like 4 string wink.gif
superize
ok... the bass have arrived and i have tuned it but i feel that the strings are to high from the fretboard i cant push them down properly
Bogdan Radovic
Well try lowering the bridge saddles as much as you can...Also if neck is too loose try tightening it..Also putting on lighter strings will help with the action (height) problem..I can see from the picture that they are too high..I have the 5 mm gap between the fretboard and E sting over the 12th fret..Maybe that will help you get some reference..

Can you post some pictures of the bass , its bridge and also measure your hight of the first (cool.gif and second (E) string from the fretboard..
superize
ok here are som pictures

And i messured the hight on the EW string and it was 7mm

Wasnt really sure wha you wanted to se so i took a lot of pictures
Bogdan Radovic
Can you lower the bridge saddles by unscrewing those little screws down..? On 3rd picture action seems rather too big..You can play it that way too but its not really comfortable...Maybe take it to some setup guy if you have one around to take a look if he can fix it, if not and action is not comfortable to you I would suggest selling it and looking for another bass..
superize
i am going to ask the guy i bought it from if he had the same problem
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (superize @ Mar 4 2008, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am going to ask the guy i bought it from if he had the same problem

Thats cool ! Do that..Also play around with it a little and see how it feels..Also lighter strings will help lowering the action but I can't say in what extent .. wink.gif

I never seen such a bass, from which material is it made ?? Also how it sounds ?
superize
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Mar 4 2008, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats cool ! Do that..Also play around with it a little and see how it feels..Also lighter strings will help lowering the action but I can't say in what extent .. wink.gif

I never seen such a bass, from which material is it made ?? Also how it sounds ?

The body is made of acrylic plastic
Juan M. Valero
hey !! looks really good this bass wink.gif I wish you improve your bass-skills and keep us updated biggrin.gif
botoxfox
Looks pretty cool dude.
superize
Finally i can play on the bass and so far i am really enjoying it rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (superize @ Mar 15 2008, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally i can play on the bass and so far i am really enjoying it rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

SO you sorted out the action problems wink.gif I'm so glad you are enjoying it ...Its a very fun instrument man.. wink.gif
superize
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Mar 15 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SO you sorted out the action problems wink.gif I'm so glad you are enjoying it ...Its a very fun instrument man.. wink.gif

Yeah it is a very fun intrument....i am currently working on your alternate picking lesson
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.