Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blind Guardian
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Smikey2006
I'm making a very large statement with the topic description but i was watching a blind guardian concert video and the way everything is soo perfect, the guitar riffs never falter, Hanzies voice is always perfect and the crowd chants along with every word, is blind guardian the greatest powermetal act of all time?
Pavel
I have that "Imaginations Through The Looking Glass" concert video and it's really amazing! No mistakes in playing, singing, the crowd is amazing! Nothing to say - awesome!
The Uncreator
Blind Guardian Are Fantastic!!!

Hansi Kursch is an absolute amazing vocalists / lyricist and he also writes some of the greatest Vocal melodys off all time!!

Andre Olbrich and Marcus Siepen are an awesome Guitar Duo, there Melodys are Supernatural, Just fantastic!!! Live its twice as good!!! smile.gif

And Thomen Stauch when he was in the band was a fantastic drummer, absolutely amazing, there new drummer though, Frederick Ehmke, is Unreal!!! Super Solid drum beats!!

One last thing, one of the single greatest experiences of my life was seeing Blind Guardian live and singing along to "The Bards Song - In The Forest" watch a live video of that song, its a Unreal experience!!!

BLIND GUARDIAN OWN smile.gif
The Uncreator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncqi73E6MZE

There the song i love so much, the crowd does all the work, and its so awesome to be apart of that!! smile.gif
Pavel
That song made me get all of their albums!! biggrin.gif
The Uncreator
The song that did that for me was seeing them play Under The Ice live, the intor melody jus gives me chills!!
Gabriel Leopardi
They are so good musicians and have very original stuff! I have seen them live in a small place called Cemento here Argentina when they were presenting Nightfall in the middle.... The did a perfect concert, as Pavel said that they did in the concert video.
I used to listen them but when I listened to Imaginations from the other side album I got all their albums.
Smikey2006
Valhalla live is apparently really good to smile.gif my friends went to see them,( i missed them so the world is apparently going to end because i wouldn't miss them for anything ) The band plays Valhalla and walks off the stage, the crowd keeps chanting the chorus for 30 minutes until the band comes back out and plays it one more time hahaha biggrin.gif
Owen
I listened to some of their stuff, it didnt enthrall me that much but maybe thats just me.

Couldnt really complain about them that much either, I just didnt find it too awe inspiring.
The Uncreator
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Jun 28 2007, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Valhalla live is apparently really good to smile.gif my friends went to see them,( i missed them so the world is apparently going to end because i wouldn't miss them for anything ) The band plays Valhalla and walks off the stage, the crowd keeps chanting the chorus for 30 minutes until the band comes back out and plays it one more time hahaha biggrin.gif

Yeah it happend when i saw them, it always happens, but it a great thing to be a part of, the feeling is unreal smile.gif
icedern
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 29 2007, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah it happend when i saw them, it always happens, but it a great thing to be a part of, the feeling is unreal smile.gif

I saw them once in chicago and i'll never forget it as long as live. BG is one of my favorite bands of all time. When they sang the bards song...well i mean when the crowd sang it...i had chills the entire time.

Uncreator, I see you have Iced Earth as your avatar. Are you as excited about the new album as I am?

my name is derived from them anyway... (Iced Ern)
The Uncreator
YES I AM!!!

If you would have been here like a week ago, my Signature would be the cover of the new EP.

I love the new EP By the way, And Framming Armageddon looks to be another super kick ass Iced Earth album!!

Iced earth is a HUGE Influence on me!
icedern
You know whats funny is I just found 3 inches of blood last week too. Man I really dig those guys. Not only are they talented, but they seem like they are really cool people too.
The Uncreator
Yeah they do, i really want to see them live, the new album is amazing, check out my review on it.
Smikey2006
Three Inches of Blood is playing Ozzfest if you can get tickets. I couldn't sad.gif Im so mad that i missed out on threeinches of blood a bit go, they were playing a small bar near my house and the cost was only 10 bucks at the door, my friend and i were gunna go but i had something going on so i missed a great show im sure sad.gif
The Uncreator
They seem to tour quite alot, so im sure they will be back soon enough!
Mackietao
I saw Blind Guardian a couple of years ago here in Sweden. Best I´ve ever seen. But then again it was my favourite band at the time and I knew all the songs. Heck, I couldn´t swallow for a whole day because my throat was messed up for screaming/singing a long for over 2 hours.

And it was like you guys said on that consert too. They went off stage after an amazing show, a long one! Audience was crazy. Screaming for more at least 15-20 minutes and they go back on stage doing 3 songs from Imaginations from the other side record.. just awsome..!
VinceG
Good but not the best.
Wyvernx
Blind Guardian is freakin' awesome! I compare them to a young Helloween up to a certain point, but I really like Blind Guardian alot! It's undescribable
The Uncreator
Blind Guardian are simply magnificent!
Fabian Schulz
I love them, I saw them live last Summer at Wacken at it was the best band playing there in my opinion smile.gif Bard's song is a great song to see live smile.gif
Davidian
I like them very much but sometimes it's too bombastic and their music is to crowded. Dunno that's my feel to them.
But still very cool band, saw them @ Graspop '07, too bad they didn't let Guardian play at the mainstage dry.gif
Really weird
The Uncreator
That is weird, i think i know what you mean about crowded, i thought that about "A Night At The Opera", but it was just first impressions for me, i love that album to death! smile.gif
Unleash-The-Shred
I don't think i've ever really listened to them but after hearing all of these good remarks about them I definitely will!
Vinicitur
My favorite albums are "Somewhere far Beyond" and "Nightfall in Middle-Earth".
I haven't listened to their first three albums yet. Probably will soon though.

Does anyone have an opinion on their latest CD, A twist in the Myth"? Personally I'm gonna have to listen to it a little more. So far I feel there is something missing: It sounds too soft (dunno if I'm explaining this right though)
The Uncreator
I think there newest CD is awesome!

Soft? never thought that, the opening song has some badass riffs! smile.gif
Davidian
Valhalla live is such a killer song!!

smile.gif
Pavel
Mirror, Mirror is to me way better than Valhalla live. I wish they released another Live DVD.
The Uncreator
cant wait for them to hit the studio again smile.gif
Toni Suominen
Blind Guardian is an awesome band! I have a goal to see them live someday!
Rethla
Yeah they are truly the greatest. I like Somewhere far Beyond and Imaginations from the other side most but there are good stuff on every album. Have to agree with Vinicitur tho, the newest one is a bit "soft and meshy" i think not enough agressivity for me smile.gif
One cool thing is that Marcus has signed up as an instructor here on master class, im really looking forward to his lessons smile.gif
OrganisedConfusion
Simple Answer no. I like them but Demons and Wizards, Stratovarius, Helloween, Symphony X are better in my opinion.
Marcus Siepen
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 10 2007, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cant wait for them to hit the studio again smile.gif

Give us some time please wink.gif
MickeM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 5 2008, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif who'd expected a reply, in person biggrin.gif
PolackHax0r
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 5 2008, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel bad for saying no now lol biggrin.gif We all love Blind Guardian in the band however. biggrin.gif
The Uncreator
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 5 2008, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd gladly wait an eternity for a Blind Guardian album, they only get better smile.gif
steve25
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 6 2008, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel bad for saying no now lol biggrin.gif We all love Blind Guardian in the band however. biggrin.gif

Everyones allowed their own opinions. I personally don't have a favorite power metal band i like a lot. Blind Guardian would be up near the top though. However there are a lot of bands i haven't listened to yet, should check them out really.
Smikey2006
wait.. is that actually Marcus Siepen as an instructor here?!!!??
The Uncreator
YES!!!!!!
Smikey2006
OMG! biggrin.gif.. i just found the page.. im soooo stoaked!
Juan M. Valero
hehehe great news, we have the guitarrist from the greatest power metal band of all time !!! (after Iron Maiden laugh.gif tongue.gif)
Marcus Siepen
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Mar 6 2008, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hehehe great news, we have the guitarrist from the greatest power metal band of all time !!! (after Iron Maiden laugh.gif tongue.gif)

What do you mean, AFTER Maiden???? wink.gif
Juan M. Valero
hehe, I'm sorry but IRON MAIDEN is my favourite band !!!! tongue.gif
But don't worry Blind Guardian is also a great band, that's for sure wink.gif

Guitarman700
the bards song.
i love this song. to me ,there is no piece of music more beautiful, every time i hear it, it brings a tear to my eye. after listening to it several times today, it inspired me to write something that may turn out similar. so look forward to my first upload soon. or dont. tongue.gif

Post Merged, The Uncreator (We already got 2 seperate BG topics going wink.gif )
VinceG
oh my god, Marcus is a teacher at GMC now? I don't even know what the hell to say.
Marcus Siepen
Hehe, don't worry, I also like Maiden, well, I love the first 4 albums, after that I kinda lost my interest in them since they changed too much in a direction that I just didn't like that much anymore, but well, they released The number of the beast and Killers, 2 of the best Metal albums of all times, they deserve respect for sure.
Enucleation
It's so weird talking about Blind Guardian with Marcus like..right there XD

But yeah I got into them a while back.

A Twist In The Myth > Your mom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.