Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amorphis
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
The Uncreator
Amazing band, I cant ever get enough of them, There talent for composing amazing songs one after another astounds me. Singer has a great voice, clean and growls, More clean though in case you dont like growls wink.gif

Amorphis - House Of Sleep
Amorphis - Silent Waters
Trond Vold
I'm a huge Amorphis fan aswell.. Especially the Tales from the Thousand Lakes, Elegy and Tounella albums

Havent quite gotten into the later stuff all that much though
Pablo Vazquez
Yeah!! I like it!! the music... the voice... They really rock a lot!!!!!
The Uncreator
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Mar 16 2008, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a huge Amorphis fan aswell.. Especially the Tales from the Thousand Lakes, Elegy and Tounella albums

Havent quite gotten into the later stuff all that much though

Yeah "Tales From The Thousand Lakes" is amazing, But Silent Waters (To me) is just as good, there newest album.
Toni Suominen
I've gotten more in to them just recently, especially through the Silent Waters album, it's just amazing:)

Their guitar player, Esa Holopainen is an amazing songwriter.
steve25
Yeah Amorphis are top class. I'd have bought the new album just for the title track alone
Danilo Capezzuto
Wow they are great! The singer looks like the korn's singer!
Canis
Silent Waters may just be my favourite song ever! And House of Sleep is awesome as well. I know the entire song on guitar ^^
OrganisedConfusion
hmm. Not really my sort of thing at all. I had high hopes when opening it but it all seemed a bit forced to me. I really disliked the singing mainly. Didn't fit the music in my opinion. sad.gif
Canis
Here's some more great songs of them:
Amorphis - Elegy
Amorphis - Black River
Amorphis - Alone
Amorphis - Day of Your Beliefs - I love the intro here

The bottom two is performed by their former vocalist Pasi Koskinen, who had a brighter voice then Tomi Joutsen, who joined after Pasi left in 2004.
Marcus Siepen
Awesome band, I love it how they combine death metal with calm parts, beautiful melodies and clean vocals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.