Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Percussion Problems
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Recording
Nathan333
Lately I've been having problems with finding ways of putting percussion in my recordings. I can use metronomes to help me w/ the guitar but they aren't recorded. Also, in the sequencing program I'm using there are quite a few midi drumbeats but I can't hear them. Anyone got any ideas for the midi beats or any other way of getting electronic drumbeats into the mix?

Thanx for your help!
Ivan Milenkovic
You can use some VST's like EZDrummer. It has a "Coctail" percussion bank and don't think this bank is to expensive on its own too.
Nemanja Filipovic
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Mar 23 2008, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can use some VST's like EZDrummer. It has a "Coctail" percussion bank and don't think this bank is to expensive on its own too.

+1....
I use samples and load them in to Battery....and all the VST drums that I have...but I am only satisfied with layering and combinations of all them together.....
Nemanja Filipovic
and if you worck in Cubase/Nuendo....the drum program that comes with them(LM 7/LM 4)has there own precussion samples...so it my help a bit...
Nathan333
Cheers guys!
I've fuigured out how to use the midi drumbeats now and I soon hope to get fruityloops. Thanx again for your help! smile.gif
Nemanja Filipovic
QUOTE (Nathan333 @ Apr 12 2008, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cheers guys!
I've fuigured out how to use the midi drumbeats now and I soon hope to get fruityloops. Thanx again for your help! smile.gif

great for you man.....
just one thing,try to play little with panning,put your deeper sound percussion near the middle of the sound center,and the high ones to the side,that way you can imitate a bit the real playing..
l
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.