Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help With Suggestions For New Guitar
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Mem
Hey guys!

Ive been playing for about a month with GMC and feel the need as ive got quite a bit of spare cash at the moment that it may be time to get a new guitar. At the moment im using a 2nd hand Encore P29 that my friend gave to me... it was in an alright condition but has a few scratches, i dont know if it is meant to happen but whenever i play/pluck the low e string, i can hear the headstock rattle and i mean alot... it might be the machine head but not so sure if this is normal?

Anyway My price range is approximately anything below £300-£400. Influences is mainly Kirk Hammet/James hetfield but also Slash and Tom Morello So would like to get a guitar that can deal with those kind of music. My amp also at the moment is a Marshall MG30DFX found is very cheap on ebay only £60 and works like a treat!

Any suggestions?

Mem
Outlaw2112
this is a very nice guitar for 429... has a nice metal sound to it

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP...itar?sku=516639
Smikey2006
look at my signature.. and then check them out smile.gif

the brand.. not the exact models smile.gif
kahall
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Mar 23 2008, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
look at my signature.. and then check them out smile.gif

the brand.. not the exact models smile.gif

Would those be the Schecter guitars? There alright I guess. Tehe! wink.gif
Smikey2006
QUOTE (kahall @ Mar 23 2008, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would those be the Schecter guitars? There alright I guess. Tehe! wink.gif

im a fiend.. what can i say tongue.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif
Danilo Capezzuto
The Shecter are good, the ibanez too. Check out some OLP, I think if you change the stock pickups you'll get a very nice guitar.
Trond Vold
Ibanez, Epiphone, Schecter.. all makes the most excellent budget guitars

But for your pricerange, i recommend a guitar without a tremolo. They usually arent too good on cheaper guitars.
Ivan Milenkovic
Schecters and Epiphones might be what you need. Check out eBay and their sites for some price/performance comparison matches.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.