Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My New Guitar Rig
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
tobscore
Im thinking of buying the ideal Metal guitar rig. I want a really hard driving low end crunchy distortion sound and a guitar that is built for shred. I was looking at the Hughes and Kettner triamp mkII and then maybe a caparison guitar. Maybe the dellinger model. I am currently using a Marshall JCM 100 stack and a EMG loaded gibson SG which makes an awesome sound but have never been 100% happy with. Plus i find my gibson a bit sluggish to play on sometimes.

Wondered if anyone has played on either and what there thoughts were? A lot of money is at stake here so wanna make sure im making the right choice!

Also if anyone has a spare knocking about they wana sell or knows anyone this too would be awesome! tongue.gif
Hisham Al-Sanea
i think your epiphone is good with EMG but if you try to change the pickups to EMG active so i think you will be satisy
ZakkWylde
How much are you willing to spend on both pieces of equipment?
What specs do you need in your ''Shred'' guitar? 24 frets? Pu's? Tremolo?
You can't go wrong with Caparison, you might wanna check high end ibanez RG's and Jackson Guitars for Metal/Shred...
There are a whole lot of great metal amplifiers; are you looking for Racks, Combos or a Stack?
Might wanna check the Peavey 6505, the Engl Invader 100, the Mesa/boogie Triple Rectifier or the Randall V2 head.
Ivan Milenkovic
Ibanez Prestige series guitar and a Mesa Boogie rack setup will work fine for you I guess. wink.gif
USAMAN
I've got a mk 1 h&k triamp for sale.
Interested?
MickeM
QUOTE (tobscore @ Apr 20 2008, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im thinking of buying the ideal Metal guitar rig. I want a really hard driving low end crunchy distortion sound and a guitar that is built for shred. I was looking at the Hughes and Kettner triamp mkII and then maybe a caparison guitar. Maybe the dellinger model. I am currently using a Marshall JCM 100 stack and a EMG loaded gibson SG which makes an awesome sound but have never been 100% happy with. Plus i find my gibson a bit sluggish to play on sometimes.

Wondered if anyone has played on either and what there thoughts were? A lot of money is at stake here so wanna make sure im making the right choice!

Also if anyone has a spare knocking about they wana sell or knows anyone this too would be awesome! tongue.gif

If you're heading for progressive metal, active pu's and an ENGL or Mesa with 6L6's

I've got the switchblade, cheaper H&K model, if the Triamp can do what the Switchblade can it goes from clean -> crunchy up to chunky led heavy metal.
Havn't tried it with active pu's though so I wouldn't know the sound that will bring with more modern tunes.

If you're into the Marshall sound there's the JVM series.
Danilo Capezzuto
Do you want low end? Mesa dual rectifier. Do you want a guitar for shred? Vigier Shawn Lane...and a lot of practice tongue.gif
tobscore
QUOTE (Danilo Capezzuto @ Apr 21 2008, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you want low end? Mesa dual rectifier. Do you want a guitar for shred? Vigier Shawn Lane...and a lot of practice tongue.gif

i Had a go on a mesa at the weekend and must say i wasnt very impressed. I love the marshall sound but from demos ive seen you can get a more evil sound out of a Mesa. This guitar will be ideally for shred speeds. I also had another offer for a triamp mark 1 and 850 quid for the head and cab. As i dont have hands on experience of hughes and kettner im not sure if this is a good offer or not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.