Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jackson Kelly
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
TreyDeschamp
what do you guys think about Jackson Kelly's or just jackson guitars in general laugh.gif
bladzerok
if 1 yould not have already a crazy looking guitar(warlock by bc rich) id probably buy a jackson kelly, but for now i need an axe that look rather normal, like a rg
Hisham Al-Sanea
nice and pretty gear
RIP Dime
I have a MIJ neck thru Kelly, the thing is sick, neck has more meat to it than an Ibanez, witch I like. Plays effortlessly. Only thing that puts me off about it is the sound, it's too bright for my taste, not thick and warm enough, I got some custom Manlius pickups that I'm gonna put in it tho, that should help.
ActiveX
I really like the look of the Kelly, it's on my wish list.
skennington
Not too big a fan of the Kelly's shape but love my DK2M and RX10. Searching now for a string thru soloist. smile.gif

OrganisedConfusion
Really hate Jackson guitars so I dislike all of them. Cheap quality and poor sound.
Smikey2006
I really like jacksons.. soloists are my favorite ( see tronds lessions). I would love a warrior or a king V. Pritty much any higherend jacksons are going to be awsome.. easy to play, great tone, realllyy beeffy smile.gif
TreyDeschamp
The reason I asked this was because I own one and I was really wondering how to get a good sound out of it but my next guitar will be a Jackson RR24 Rhoads or a Soloist
kaznie_NL
I only like the Jackson with the 3-3 head (three tuningpegs left, three right) I don't like there usual headstock, but that's what makes a Jackson a Jackson, so no..I don't like Jacksons biggrin.gif
Marcus Lavendell
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ May 4 2008, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The reason I asked this was because I own one and I was really wondering how to get a good sound out of it but my next guitar will be a Jackson RR24 Rhoads or a Soloist

I've got a Jackson Rhoads professional, and I think it sounds great for metal rhythm playing. I wouldn't use it for solos but I guess that's just my personal preference. Over all it's a great guitar in my opinion smile.gif
Toni Suominen
There's atleast one Jackson guitar that I like, and it is the Christian Olde Wolbers -signature 7-string:

http://www.thomann.de/fi/jackson_dk7_chris...lde_wolbers.htm

It just looks so sexy! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.