Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gus G. Or Rusty Cooley
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
TreyDeschamp
Which Guitarist do you think is better? wink.gif
DeepRoots
Define better....

Who is faster? More economical playing style? plays on more strings? Has more instructional videos?

Rusty for sure..

Who plays better sounding music? Who doesn't make me want to put a screwdriver to my head during a solo? Has some awesome chops and musical ideas? Has some freakin awesome riffs?

Gus for me!

----

Out of the two- i'd pick Gus G to jam with any day smile.gif
rockztar
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ May 7 2008, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Define better....

Who is faster? More economical playing style? plays on more strings? Has more instructional videos?

Rusty for sure..

Who plays better sounding music? Who doesn't make me want to put a screwdriver to my head during a solo? Has some awesome chops and musical ideas? Has some freakin awesome riffs?

Gus for me!

----

Out of the two- i'd pick Gus G to jam with any day smile.gif

agreed
The Uncreator
I pick both, Dont feel I have to choose smile.gif
Enucleation
I guess sometimes it can be fun to say who is better or worse but I think at a certain point it becomes a question of who is better at a certain thing. I can say Muhammed Suicmez is the greatest gutiarist in the death metal scene and someone could say Pat OBrien is. We may both be right...(random names that came to mind...)
Danilo Capezzuto
Rusty is the fastest guitarist in the world, but sometimes he forget about melodies and music, but I'm sure he have a good taste, I hope He will show to us!
The Uncreator
I think rusty has some of the coolest melodies ever, like "Under The Influence", Man that song has some of the coolest melodies ever, and the sweeping melody is so awesome.

They both play two different styles that appeal to two different senses if you will, Or at least to me they do.
Duncan
Gus G everyday.
TreyDeschamp
What I mean is who do you think is more creative or melodious.
bsamn
I think that Gus G. is more conventional ( as far as the videos i have seen) by that i dont mean his melodies just an overall point of view.

Rusty Cooley on the other hand, u see for the first time and are like what the hell whether you like him or hate him,
i personally did not like him though was very amazed, but when i started to work on technique i had a new found respect for him.

Juan M. Valero
mmm I haven't seen too much stuff from Gus but I like Rusty Cooley too much more.
Trond Vold
I would go with Gus. I cant help but find Rusty's endless stream of insanly fast notes a bit boring in the long run. It's cool the first 30 seconds or so.... smile.gif
TreyDeschamp
thats true
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Well.

Rusty vs Gus . blink.gif

Rusty is clearly a more technical player.

And Gus clearly has better melodies.

But I have seen Rusty show off some great melodies.

Gus G does have the potential to play fast.

I really dont know.

I think that if I was trapped in a cave, for the rest of my life and their was one outlet in the cave, with one plug.
And I either had to listen to Gus G for the rest of my life or Rusty Cooley.

Id go with Gus G. smile.gif

Rusty is a amazing player, no doubt about that but alot of the time it seems as if he has no speed limit, and doesnt know how to slow it down and obey the law. laugh.gif Metaphorically speaking of course laugh.gif
Toni Suominen
Gus definitely, he can make great riffs but also shred like a maniac! biggrin.gif I find Rusty's playing a little bit one-sided and boring.
superize
I would have to say Gus G because his riffing and soloing are amazing and i dont think that i have listen to rusty that much
OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ May 8 2008, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in the long run

biggrin.gif No pun intended smile.gif

His runs seem like an endless stream of notes played at ridiculous speeds. So I pick Gus G even though I'm not a huge fan, compared to Rusty Cooley I love him lol
Pablo Vazquez
I love both! rolleyes.gif
Canis
I like both as well, but I like Gus more, since I love Firewind biggrin.gif
He's one of the people that has inspired me to keep playing, while Rusty is just.. meh. He can play fast and has a lot of great tecniques, but I don't feel anything special when I watch him.
Karl-ss
Rusty for life! That guy blows my mind!
del-4fr53e3
Who is best does not interest me much. Probably Rusty.
I prefer to listen to Gus though smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.