Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Esp Ltd F-2e
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Casper
As you can probably see on my sig, I'm Planning on buying an ESP LTD F-2E, I plan on getting 2 EMG pickups installed to replace the current ESP pickups. here's a link to the guitar http://espguitars.com/guitars_f.html tell me what you think (its selling for $500 at my local tom lee, original price is $800)
Trond Vold
Havent had the chance to try that LTD myself, but judging by the specs and reviews online it seems great. Especially if you put EMG's in it.
Only thing i would be cautious about is the floyd rose. As i've probably said too many times allready.. a cheap licensed floyd rose can really drag a good guitar down a few notches.
USAMAN
+1 that is so true!
Hisham Al-Sanea
ESP-LTD is a quality guitar. i think for this price 500$ is a big chance to you also include EMG pickups !!
i think you dont have to wait more time just check it good from neck and every thing
Canis
That guitar looks sooooo sexy! I have a new dream guitar ohmy.gif

If you decide to buy it, please make a review of it biggrin.gif
Kevin98497
why do people seem to obsses over emg pickups so much?
Casper
WOOO BOUGHT IT TODAY biggrin.gif got EMG 81's installed + a Korg Pandora PX5D. 1 Problem anyone know how to string with a floyd rose
Scott Gentzen
QUOTE ([email protected] @ May 27 2008, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOOO BOUGHT IT TODAY biggrin.gif got EMG 81's installed + a Korg Pandora PX5D. 1 Problem anyone know how to string with a floyd rose

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=7476

Pinned at the top of the gear forum.

QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ May 27 2008, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why do people seem to obsses over emg pickups so much?

I tend to think of it in a similar way to signature gear. Certain guitar players, certai bands and certain genres of music tend to have a sound type associated with them. If you love ACDC, and you love their sound, you might be drawn to wanting to play an SG through Marshall. The Vai fans lust over the JEM. Jendrix and Yngwie guys want the olympic white strat.

The EMG pickups are standard equipment in certain kinda of metal most typically. Metallica, and Zakk Wylde most obviously. A pointy guitar with EMG's makes a statement...you're not here to play Freebird. biggrin.gif

Personally, I have a hard enough time with things without having to worry about keeping fresh betteries in my guitar. I might like to play around with something with EMG's in them some day but I'll probably get another guitar to do it so hopefully it'll be years from now...I've spent enough on guitars in the last 12 months.
Pablo Vazquez
Hey!!! Incredible guitar!!!! Seems so cooooooool!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.