Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boss Giga Delay Dd-20
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Gear Reviews
audiopaal
Wiki link
Hisham Al-Sanea
mate i think it has a 2 out puts so if you have 2 amps try it and you will love it more
the first amp you will hear the dry sound and the second amp the delay effect...surrounded
Siggum
Grats Audiopaal, seems like the one to buy, nice review smile.gif
OrganisedConfusion
This is definitely a good delay pedal. Not my favourite delay as you can't beat Electro Harmonix pedals in anything in my opinion but this would be second on my list smile.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (Hisham Al-Sanea @ May 28 2008, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mate i think it has a 2 out puts so if you have 2 amps try it and you will love it more
the first amp you will hear the dry sound and the second amp the delay effect...surrounded

Yes it has a Left and Right output so you can use it with two amps, but I dion't have two amps at the moment so I'm using it in stereo into my soundcard or through the GT-10 and so forth smile.gif
But I'll be sure to try it out sometime, thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (Siggum @ May 28 2008, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Grats Audiopaal, seems like the one to buy, nice review smile.gif

Yeah, it's a good pedal, I'm glad I bought it smile.gif

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ May 28 2008, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is definitely a good delay pedal. Not my favourite delay as you can't beat Electro Harmonix pedals in anything in my opinion but this would be second on my list smile.gif

Well, I haven't tried that one, but I'm so happy with this one I think I'll stick with it smile.gif
But would be fun to try the EH as well, and do a test with them side by side smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Great review AudioPall, I have one preset to share with you, check this one out man! smile.gif

Delay TYpe: Modulate (depth 100, rate 90)
Tone: 4 o'clock
Level: 2 o'clock
Delay Time: 300ms

You should get a nice pad-like effect wink.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 28 2008, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great review AudioPall, I have one preset to share with you, check this one out man! smile.gif

Delay TYpe: Modulate (depth 100, rate 90)
Tone: 4 o'clock
Level: 2 o'clock
Delay Time: 300ms

You should get a nice pad-like effect wink.gif

Thanks a lot Ivan smile.gif
That's great, I'll check it out tonight! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
No problem m8, anytime wink.gif Pedal is for sure awesome, one of the best digital delay modelers.
Trond Vold
Great review smile.gif Looks like a fun little box
Pablo Vazquez
Grrrrrrrreat Review!!! Thanks for it!! wink.gif
audiopaal
You're welcome smile.gif

Glad you like it smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
This is a excellent pedal , I hear it many times ! Really must have if you like delay (and looping) smile.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 7 2008, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a excellent pedal , I hear it many times ! Really must have if you like delay (and looping) smile.gif

Yep, it's an awesome pedal smile.gif
Toni Suominen
Great review man! smile.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Aug 8 2008, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great review man! smile.gif

Thanks mate smile.gif
Keilnoth
I have a Boss RC-20 Loop Box, is it too much to have that Delay Pedal as it has some loop functionalities as well ? The sound is digital, but how it is compared to a MXR Carbon Copy for example ?
Ivan Milenkovic
RC20 is a loop pedal, it is not delay pedal, while DD20 is primarily a delay modeler with lots of different kinds of delay available. It has also 4 presets available so you can memorize the settings, and it has model of analog, standard, tape delays, along side with some cool sounding ones like reverse, warp etc..

If you ask me, I would recommend DD7 instead of DD20, because it has all the good features from DD20 in a compact pedal and it is cheaper.

Analog model on both of them was nice, but doesn't compare to a real analog sound that carbon copy natively has. I must say that I would rather have DD7 then Carbon Copy, because DD7 is more versatile and better built.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.