Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boss Cs-3
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Gear Reviews
audiopaal
Wiki link
OrganisedConfusion
It is actually true with the Reliability. I've literally driven a tank over my Boss Pedals and I actually heard the pedal laugh and say "You're gonna have to try harder than that son" biggrin.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ May 28 2008, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is actually true with the Reliability. I've literally driven a tank over my Boss Pedals and I actually heard the pedal laugh and say "You're gonna have to try harder than that son" biggrin.gif

haha, exactly biggrin.gif
It wouldn't surprise me if in the future BOSS adds a talking function like this just for laughs laugh.gif
OrganisedConfusion
They are great for gigs where you know over the years they ARE going to take a battering but they will keep going. I've had my Metal Zone and Turbo Distortion Pedals now for 6 years and they just keep on going and going. No sign of collapse smile.gif Now I've said this they'll probably die at practice tonight biggrin.gif

What does this pedal actually do? It improves sustain? Makes all notes sound at the same volume?
audiopaal
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ May 28 2008, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are great for gigs where you know over the years they ARE going to take a battering but they will keep going. I've had my Metal Zone and Turbo Distortion Pedals now for 6 years and they just keep on going and going. No sign of collapse smile.gif Now I've said this they'll probably die at practice tonight biggrin.gif

What does this pedal actually do? It improves sustain? Makes all notes sound at the same volume?

Nah, they won't stop working during practice.. If they do, they're just fooling around making you all sad before they laugh gain at you biggrin.gif

Well, it does a mix of both.
It increases sustain and level without increasing distortion (It compresses louder signals while boosting lower signals.)
Ivan Milenkovic
Nice review, thanks man! smile.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 28 2008, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice review, thanks man! smile.gif

Thanks again Ivan, glad you like the review smile.gif
Juan M. Valero
great review mate !!! I have this pedal and works so good, now I have a light compressor in rack and this one for the parts where I need more sustain wink.gif
Pablo Vazquez
Hey!! I love Boss effects!!
Great review man!! Thanks for it!
audiopaal
I love Boss effects too tongue.gif

Glad you like it Pablo and Juan smile.gif
Alex Lewis
I must actually make a quick point I may be the only person who has broken a boss pedal but after only two weeks my cs-3 completely cut out and all i get is hum through it regardless of whether im using battery or power cable NOT GOOD!

Replaced it with marshalls ed-1 or edward the compressor which was a damn site cheaper and gives a much much much better sound without to much tweaking,

it also has a only 4 dials but the Emphasis dial is awesome you can compress either the high end of your tone the low end or both which is fantastic for gettin a great rhythm sound!

In summation buy the Marshall its built like a brick sounds better is cheaper and looks cooler than the boss OR you could buy the considerably cheaper behringer compressor which I have on good authority has the same electronics as the boss but in a plastic casing (not so good).

Alex
audiopaal
QUOTE (Alex Lewis @ Jun 8 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I must actually make a quick point I may be the only person who has broken a boss pedal but after only two weeks my cs-3 completely cut out and all i get is hum through it regardless of whether im using battery or power cable NOT GOOD!

Replaced it with marshalls ed-1 or edward the compressor which was a damn site cheaper and gives a much much much better sound without to much tweaking,

it also has a only 4 dials but the Emphasis dial is awesome you can compress either the high end of your tone the low end or both which is fantastic for gettin a great rhythm sound!

In summation buy the Marshall its built like a brick sounds better is cheaper and looks cooler than the boss OR you could buy the considerably cheaper behringer compressor which I have on good authority has the same electronics as the boss but in a plastic casing (not so good).

Alex

Better built than BOSS??? Blasphemy!!! laugh.gif

I'll check it out, thanks for the tip smile.gif

edit: cool design, you're right about that smile.gif
Hisham Al-Sanea
this one CS-3 is fantastic i tried it before .
kaznie_NL
thnx for the review Paal!!
Bogdan Radovic
Cool review Paal!
audiopaal
Thanks guys smile.gif
Nick325
nice review audiopaal
kyldeee
Thanks for the review mate smile.gif
Young Guitarist
Awesome, i should get one of these biggrin.gif, what norwegian store? if its in stavanger, good, i live in sandnes tongue.gif
audiopaal
Thanks guys smile.gif

YG: Sagevik Musikk smile.gif
Jeffrey
What setting would be best for metal? I'm having trouble finding a good setting for mine=(
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Jeffrey @ Jul 24 2008, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What setting would be best for metal? I'm having trouble finding a good setting for mine=(

Hard to say cause it's indeed noisy when you use lot of distortion
BUT it sounds amazing for cleans just like Paal said,
great to get those punchy compressed country sounds per example. smile.gif
kjutte
QUOTE (Jeffrey @ Jul 24 2008, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had it, and returned it. I bought a Line6 constrictor instead.
Sorry, I know this isn't an answer to your question.
Toni Suominen
Audiopaal, you must have like tons of gear now, you're a monster I tell ya! laugh.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Aug 8 2008, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Audiopaal, you must have like tons of gear now, you're a monster I tell ya! laugh.gif

Hehe, I've got my fair share biggrin.gif

I sell some stuff every now and then as well, but I always buy some new stuff right away tongue.gif

Now, if I just will be able to play guitar like you I would be all set for stardom tongue.gif
Toni Suominen
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Aug 8 2008, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hehe, I've got my fair share biggrin.gif

I sell some stuff every now and then as well, but I always buy some new stuff right away tongue.gif

Now, if I just will be able to play guitar like you I would be all set for stardom tongue.gif

Hehe, you are too modest! biggrin.gif But thanks for the compliment mate! smile.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Aug 11 2008, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hehe, you are too modest! biggrin.gif But thanks for the compliment mate! smile.gif

Not really, I know my limitations laugh.gif

No problem mate smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.