Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pointer Finger & String Muting
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
nikolai
i cant tell if this is really a problem, though i think it will eventually hurt my speed.

when i play my pointer finger is not as angled as the tips of my other fingers. what im trying to say is when i play, my middle through pinky fingers make almost an 80-90 degree angle with the fretboard, while my pointer finger makes more of a 40-50 degree angle.

example = whenever im playing fast and i go up from the b string to the high e string, my pointer finger slightly touches the b string still.

i've noticed that this is part of my string muting, as when i play slower and correct it, the b string sometimes rings out.......

do you all think this is a serious problem? im going to work on correcting it anyways, but i want to know if anyone else does this.
Ivan Milenkovic
It is normal to have some difficulties when playing. This way you can find a solution to the problem and work you're way through. Remember the most important thing is to keep your hands relaxed while playing, to keep them in a right position (that will not cause some damage to fingers), and to keep the tone quality at maximum.
Nick325
as long as it isnt hurting your hand or messing up your playing i guess whatever feels right to you. (even though thats seems like a wierd position for me wink.gif)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.