Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bare Knuckle Pickup's (nailbomb Set & P-92)
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
audiopaal
I have been planning on changing the Pup's on two of my Gibsons for a while..
The Les Paul Studio Lite, and The Nashville Junior to be exact smile.gif

After a lot of reading and checking soundclips from various brands I decided to call Bare Knuckle and have a chat with them, a few very well spent minutes.. I told them what I wanted, what sound I was after in the two different guitars and the guy I spoke too didn't even think for a second;
"You just described the Nailbomb set and the P-92.."

So after a little while I called a local musicstore and told them I wanted them to order some Pickup's for me, and it turns out the guitartech there was about to order the Nailbomb set for himself biggrin.gif
What a coinkidink, so he ordered mine at the same time and hopefully we'll get them sometime next week smile.gif

I'm gonna record a few things with my old Pickup's and then record the same stuff with the new pickup's later with the same sound and see how much difference there is, and I'll post it here when it's done smile.gif

Anyway, just thought I'd share smile.gif

www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk

VINTAGE TONE MONSTERS TO CONTEMPORARY WAR MACHINES
Wound, made and played the traditional way --- by hand !
<- sounds cool to me laugh.gif
Bogdan Radovic
Thats great man! Can wait for sound samples..Maybe you could record your guitar with old pickups and with new so we can easily compare before n after smile.gif
MickeM
Cool! I've had an eye out for bareknuckle pickups for quite a while. But I've got a set of Evolutions and Breeds that I need to put into two guitars before I get new ones.

I recall they had a set of EVH's that I think would do great in an Adler 22 fret Jackson/Charvel or HSH strat. cool.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 10 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats great man! Can wait for sound samples..Maybe you could record your guitar with old pickups and with new so we can easily compare before n after smile.gif

That was my plan smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Very nice man, can't wait to see review smile.gif
Danilo Capezzuto
Very nice pickups, Joe endorse bare knuckle, I think they are beautiful!
bsamn
congrats bro.
Trond Vold
Looking foward to hearing the Knuckles in action smile.gif Considering putting some in my Ibanez.
audiopaal
QUOTE (Danilo Capezzuto @ Jun 10 2008, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very nice pickups, Joe endorse bare knuckle, I think they are beautiful!

He does? Lucky him biggrin.gif

QUOTE (bsamn @ Jun 11 2008, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
congrats bro.

Thanks mate smile.gif

QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Jun 11 2008, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking foward to hearing the Knuckles in action smile.gif Considering putting some in my Ibanez.

I'm looking forward to it too biggrin.gif I think you should, as your Ibanez is a little thin sounding..

Edited for language - Andrew <- Sorry Andrew sad.gif
mattacuk
Awsome pickups, there very reputable here in the UK. Im sure you will love them smile.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jun 11 2008, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awsome pickups, there very reputable here in the UK. Im sure you will love them smile.gif

I hope and believe I will smile.gif
Can't wait to get them installed in my guitars, I hate waiting tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.