Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Is Your Favorite Guitarist?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
Pages: 1, 2, 3
TreyDeschamp
Hey GMC just wondering who your favorite guitarists are. Mine are zacky and syn, paul gilbert and matt tuck.
Pitch_Black
Mine would be Angus Young, Mark Tremonti and Zakk Wylde. I can't pick between them smile.gif
Gus
I am just listening to my favorite: Jimmy Page.
Next spots would be Slash, Kirk Hammett and Augusto Licks.
Kizaze44
Jimmy Page, EVH

currently... Andy Timmons
Mark.
Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Neil Young, Buckethead, me laugh.gif laugh.gif
VinceG
Wata of Boris

Ivan Milenkovic
Lots of them are cool, too much to write. Each one is great in its own way. smile.gif
Fsgdjv
Mikael Åkerfeldt and Paul Gilbert are my favourites. Fredrik Åkesson is great aswell, but I can't really see him as a favourite since I've only heard Watershed and some Krux stuff with him.
Nemanja Filipovic
Morello,and this guy from Macedonia,Vlatko Stefanovski heres link to his magic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK4JYkWZqS0...feature=related
Slammer
Clapton, SRV, Hendrix, Eric Johnson, Paul Gilbert, Lavendell, Guthrie Govan, and many more ofCourse biggrin.gif
ZakkWylde
<<<<<<<<<<this guy
superize
My favorit is Luca Turilli
Xose Pineda
Mr. Mark Knopfler

smile.gif
rokchik
I must say I have had my ears opened to so many great guitarist since I joined GMC. Vai, Petrucci, Satch, Lynch, Gilbert and the list goes on not to mention our very own instructors. My list of faves is growing steadily that's for sure, but my tops are still Morello and Page.

rok
USAMAN
JP!
EVH
EJ
Tjchep
Andy Timmons, Guthrie Govan, or Greg howe..

Amazing to say the least.
Praetorian
SRV and John 5
The Uncreator
Dave Murray of Iron Maiden, His sense of melody and technique are just superior to everything, He is the one who made me pick up guitar, and he is the one who makes me want to keep on getting better.
JuanMV
David Wallimann of GMC, that dude is amazing. wink.gif
sigma7
mine would be Eddie Van Halen. Classic.
Tomotoms
Favourite song writer who plays guitar: Billy Corgan
Most impressive guitarist: Steve Vai
Favourite guitarist: Paul Gilbert
Andrew6
I am going to have to go with Alex Skolnick, Adrian Smith, Jon Schaffer and as for a flavour of the week ... Steve Lukather
Young Guitarist
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 20 2008, 04:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dave Murray of Iron Maiden, His sense of melody and technique are just superior to everything, He is the one who made me pick up guitar, and he is the one who makes me want to keep on getting better.

I AGREE! DAVE MURRAY IS THA CHAMP! wink.gif
Andrew6
QUOTE (Young Guitarist @ Jun 20 2008, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I AGREE! DAVE MURRAY IS THA CHAMP! wink.gif

Dave Murray Is most triumphant, but I don't know I am partial to Adrian... Janick on the other hand I am not such a big fan
The Uncreator
Haha, I love Janick's solos, Especially in 'Fear Of The Dark'. He has a very edgy style that I like smile.gif
Xose Pineda
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Jun 20 2008, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mine would be Eddie Van Halen. Classic.

I agree... He's one of the kings.

Raw
Whosever the best in Maiden, Janick is definatly the most entertaining one on stage biggrin.gif. About my favorite guitarist I think it must be this:

Songwriting - Mikael Åkefeldt of Opeth : For writing kick ass riff which really grooves while he also used cool and often jazzy chords that really is one of the bottomlines of Opeths unique sound.

Technique - Jeff Loomis of Nevermore: Simpely for having a mindblowing technique while he still remains in a real band, write good music and doesnt overdo the shredstuff and shows of in countless of videos like all the other famous ones at his level.

My favorite overall: Mohammed Suicmez of Necrophagist: For playing all insane riffs throughout whole songs WHILE singing. He is just a genius at guitar and genius at growls, while he looks like nerd from your collegeclass tongue.gif
Matt23
Joe Satriani, Buckethead, John Petrucci, Andy Mckee (in no particular order). I could never decide between them. smile.gif
g-forcelover
(in no order at all)
Slash
Marcus Lavendell
EVH
JP
JIMI HENDRIX!!!!!!!!!!! (only one other person put him)
David Walliman
all GMC instructors
Fsgdjv
I should probably add Marcus Lavendell to my list.
Kapto
Dave Murray in the 80's (Just fan of Maiden up to Seventh son...)
Glenn Tipton (Judas Priest)
Kirk Hammet up to And Justice...
Randy R.
Ritchie Blackmore as a musician and melodic solos.
Eric Johnson with Deep Purple 90's 00's
J. Petrucci
OrganisedConfusion
Chuck Schuldiner \m/

Rest in peace sad.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
I'm gonna go with two guys somewhat out of the ordinary. I've always liked them though, don't really know why:

Dan Rock and Brian McAlpin from Psychotic Waltz.

Besides those two:

Jason Becker and Marty Friedman.
Saoirse O'Shea
To name only one, not easy but it would be Allan Holdsworth.

Cheers,
Tony
vintageplaya666
There are quite a few who are my favourite, which are as follows:

Kirk Hammett
Marty Friedman
Paul Gilbert
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Yngwie Malmsteen
jacmoe
Your list of guitarists are great! laugh.gif

I want to mention

Neil Young,

who's been a huge inspiration to me - not because of great technique (by all means, no!), but because his Tone and Feel (and Volume) is mindblowingly awesome! biggrin.gif
Sondre
Kirk Hammet and Slash. smile.gif Original : D
Stevie-Ray-Vaughn
I no particular order here smile.gif

Paul Gilbert
Eddie Van Halen
Marty Friedman
Marcus Lavendell
Jon Schaffer
Dave Murray/Adrian Smith
Pablo Vazquez
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 19 2008, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lots of them are cool, too much to write. Each one is great in its own way. smile.gif

+1! I agree! It's impossible for me say all the guitarist I like... a lot!
DeepRoots
Though there are plenty that i've thought were good- i'd say my favourite four are:

Guthrie Govan
Muris
John Petrucci
Paul Gilbert

That's not in order though- i like all their playing equally wink.gif
mattacuk
Buckethead and Paul Gilbert , Yngwie Malmsteen, Dr Brian May
Patrik Jezierski
think I have to answer Guthrie Govan on that question smile.gif
LasseToftDK
Steve Lukather, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Mike McCready, David Gilmour, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Allan Holdsworth.. Just to name a few.. But it's impossible to pick my favorite guitarist cause they are all good in their own ways and styles..
Nighthawk1
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 19 2008, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also think about it that way...I'd say I have at least 2 faves for a genre...for instance paco de lucia flamenco, yngwie neo-classical, SVR, Freddie King Blues, John Frusciante Funk, Crossover, Kirk Hammet and many others metal, and so on and so on
Henry Dietzel
So many to pick from, SRV and Page are two that come to mind
Trond Vold
Well.. hm.. i have way too many favourites smile.gif But if i were to pick 2 that has really made an impact on me, then it's Kirk Hammet and John Petrucci
PanicProne
I've got loads of favourite musicians (!). But as far as a guitarist I'd have to say Teppei Teranishi from Thrice. He's just... well, my favourite. Good riffs, nice variation and great songs. As far as vocalists, don't get me started!
FrankW
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Jun 20 2008, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Andy Timmons, Guthrie Govan, or Greg howe..

Amazing to say the least.

These are my favorites also...and throw in John Petrucci.
Muris Varajic
Really hard decision,tons of outstanding players out there!!

But there is one who made huge impact on me
and always brings nice memories when I'm listening to him

Mr. Knopfler smile.gif
jacmoe
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jun 25 2008, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mr. Knopfler smile.gif

Yes!
And he's surprisingly difficult to play when you study his technique! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.