Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Melodic Amp Settings
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
sigma7
Hey guys...another question. What is the amp settings for something very melodic? And when I say melodic I mean the 3 part vibrato lesson by Marcus Lavendell. I have a line six spider with gain treble bass mid reverb and channel volme.

Any help?

p.s. sorry for all the questions
Enucleation
I dunno how much it will help you but on my Laney LV100 I have gain on 10, bass on 10, mid on 2, and treble on 8. But then there is also a midscoop thing on it and some other button that does something with the sound that I have pressed down. But I guess you can use that as a starting point *shrug*
Ivan Milenkovic
Something melodic can really have a lot of meanings. If you are playing some lead guitars, then usually (and I say usually) the best way to record or play a guitar is with middle settings turned up like this: bass 4, middle 7, treble 5. This may sound strange, but when you play that part over the backing and need to cut those notes and melodies through the mix, you really need to "middle it up" a bit. Guitar is a middle spectrum instrument, too much bass, lows becomes crowded with bass and kick, too much treble, it becomes harsh with cymbals. So finding that sweet spot in the middle is what it counts when trying to do some lead melodies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.