Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Guitar Magazine Do You Like Best
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
TreyDeschamp
Which guitar magazine do you like best and why? I like Guitar world more just because I read it more.
RIP Dime
I like those 2, but Guitar Techniques gets my vote, if it was an option of course.
swingline
I chose Guitar World because I like it better. biggrin.gif
chmilew
Guitar World is ok smile.gif
jacmoe
I used to read Guitar Player a lot. smile.gif
vintageplaya666
The only guitar mag I ever buy its Total Guitar, so I would choose that if it was an option..Since it's not there, I cant choose any smile.gif
Muris Varajic
Guitar Player so far but I think I'm gonna
subscribe to Guitar Techniques as well,great magazine. smile.gif
Caelumamittendum
I rarely come across these magazines here in Denmark, but it clearly happens once in a while. However, I find that they are fairly expensive, so I usually shy away from buying them. I think I have two Guitar World magazines lying around.
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 14 2008, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I rarely come across these magazines here in Denmark, but it clearly happens once in a while. However, I find that they are fairly expensive, so I usually shy away from buying them. I think I have two Guitar World magazines lying around.

Get a subscription then,
it's same here in Bosnia,rare to find
and if you find some then it's way too expensive.
Caelumamittendum
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jul 14 2008, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get a subscription then,
it's same here in Bosnia,rare to find
and if you find some then it's way too expensive.

Well, well, then it comes down to priorities. laugh.gif

I rather spend those money buying a few pints in the local pub along with my Tottenham buddies when there's Premier League on TV - which is almost every weak during the season.

However, not a bad suggestion - given the time and money I might just do that. I just often find that there is a lot of stuff in the magazines that I don't really care that much for - guitarists from bands that isn't really my cup of tea etc.
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 14 2008, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, well, then it comes down to priorities. laugh.gif

I rather spend those money buying a few pints in the local pub along with my Tottenham buddies when there's Premier League on TV - which is almost every weak during the season.

However, not a bad suggestion - given the time and money I might just do that. I just often find that there is a lot of stuff in the magazines that I don't really care that much for - guitarists from bands that isn't really my cup of tea etc.

You rule your life,no doubt there smile.gif
Canis
I've only read Total Guitar.. But not many of those bands that were my cup of tea either tongue.gif
Ian Bushell
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jul 14 2008, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guitar Player so far but I think I'm gonna
subscribe to Guitar Techniques as well,great magazine. smile.gif

Definately agee Muris guitar techniques is a cool mag.
I also read total guitar.
steve25
In my opinion guitar techniques is the best magazine but that's because it's got better tuition i think
Juan M. Valero
GMC is more than enough for me !!!!!

... and well, I must say that I didn't know those magazines unsure.gif
Joe Kataldo
Guitar Techniques!
jacmoe
I agree!
Guitar Techniques has more of the good stuff! laugh.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Jul 14 2008, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GMC is more than enough for me !!!!!

... and well, I must say that I didn't know those magazines unsure.gif

Pretty much the same for me Juan but my wife gets me a sub to Guitarista (Spanish version of UK's Guitar) for my b'day each year. I tell her it helps me improve my Spanish smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony
Juan M. Valero
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 14 2008, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty much the same for me Juan but my wife gets me a sub to Guitarista (Spanish version of UK's Guitar) for my b'day each year. I tell her it helps me improve my Spanish smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

I bought some numbers from Guitarrista, and a lot from Guitarra Total (Spanish version od Total Guitar) some years ago ... I wish I had GMC in that time
jacmoe
I bought a lot of magazines when I didn't have the Internet. wink.gif

Then I used the Internet quite a bit, and stopped buying the mags, before I got GMC. smile.gif

Now I use the Internet to use GMC! laugh.gif
TreyDeschamp
Hey everyone sorry if I didnt add the magazines some of you might like I just added the major ones in my own area.
Trond Vold
Definetly Guitar World for me. I dont buy them as much nowadays though, but i've got stockpiles of issues from the 90ies smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.