Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roland Gi-20 & Roland Gk-3
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Gear Reviews
Trond Vold
Wiki link
Tomotoms
Thanks for the review.
What guitar did you connect the pick up to?
Is it easy to remove the pickup if you wanted to (say mid gig)?
Trond Vold
QUOTE (Tomotoms @ Jul 14 2008, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the review.
What guitar did you connect the pick up to?
Is it easy to remove the pickup if you wanted to (say mid gig)?

I connected it to my Jackson.
It is easy to remove, but i wouldnt advice on removing it mid-gig. It takes some time to unscrew the connector-box from the strap-holder.
But there's no need to remove it really, you just set the slider-switch to "guitar" and the midi-part is turned off.
Matt23
I want one smile.gif
Tomotoms
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Jul 14 2008, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I connected it to my Jackson.
It is easy to remove, but i wouldnt advice on removing it mid-gig. It takes some time to unscrew the connector-box from the strap-holder.
But there's no need to remove it really, you just set the slider-switch to "guitar" and the midi-part is turned off.

Oh right, so the GK-3 pickup doesn't cover up you normal pick up at all? Whereabouts does it go?
Trond Vold
QUOTE (Tomotoms @ Jul 14 2008, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh right, so the GK-3 pickup doesn't cover up you normal pick up at all? Whereabouts does it go?

Nope, it's a seperate additional pickup.
The pickup is a thin black bar that you put between the bridge pickup and the bridge. Preferably as close to the bridge as you can.
Ivan Milenkovic
Very interesting Trond, nice review. Did you make the drums from the test track with it too? smile.gif
Tomotoms
Cool! Thanks for the info, I was considering saving up for one, but I was worried that I'd have to swap out one of my pickups or get a new guitar all together - I know Fender make a guitar that is Roland ready.
Trond Vold
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 14 2008, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very interesting Trond, nice review. Did you make the drums from the test track with it too? smile.gif

Hehe nah, drums are really, really tricky to track with a guitar smile.gif

QUOTE (Tomotoms @ Jul 14 2008, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool! Thanks for the info, I was considering saving up for one, but I was worried that I'd have to swap out one of my pickups or get a new guitar all together - I know Fender make a guitar that is Roland ready.

Yeapp. Godin has some Roland ready models as well. I think they are a bit cheaper, could be mistaken on that though.
Muris Varajic
Nice review and sample Trond,thanks. smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
Thanks for a review Trond! Didn't know much about such devices !! smile.gif I like the robo test track you supplied smile.gif
Toni Suominen
Very cool piece of gear Trond, nice review! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.