Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drop D
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
SnoCone
Okay when tuning into drop d with my ibanez rg370dx, would i need to worry about inotation or anything? i just want to use it for a few songs.

Im tuned into standard right now.
Déjà vu
I wouldn't see why there is a problem... Unless you have a Floyd rose that is messed up, I would worry about it. You may have to tune the other strings a few times after if they go out of tune as well (especially, if it's a Floyd). I wouldn't worry about anything.
kjutte
QUOTE (SnoCone @ Jul 15 2008, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay when tuning into drop d with my ibanez rg370dx, would i need to worry about inotation or anything? i just want to use it for a few songs.

Im tuned into standard right now.

yes, you have to intonate. you also have to resetup your floyd rose springs.
This is not a newbie subject, you should take it to your local store smile.gif

Edit:
and btw, standard tuning ftw.
Ivan Milenkovic
If you have a fixed bridge, then it is cool to tune down with the same gauge of strings just for a couple of songs. If you use FR, I suggest you don't hassle just because of two songs. It is far easier to transpose them in that case.
kjutte
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 15 2008, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you have a fixed bridge, then it is cool to tune down with the same gauge of strings just for a couple of songs. If you use FR, I suggest you don't hassle just because of two songs. It is far easier to transpose them in that case.

Tuning down=intonation.
SnoCone
Its a edge III, so with that bridge will i have problems?
kjutte
QUOTE (SnoCone @ Jul 15 2008, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its a edge III, so with that bridge will i have problems?

Only if you don't know how to intonate/setup springs. tongue.gif
SnoCone
Which i dont, but id have to intonate and setup springs every time i go into drop D mellow.gif ?
kjutte
QUOTE (SnoCone @ Jul 15 2008, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which i dont, but id have to intonate and setup springs every time i go into drop D mellow.gif ?

Everytime you change tuning yes.
Marcus Siepen
If you change the tuning the tension of your strings will change, therefor the whole Floyd Rose will rest in a different position, therefor the tuning will change. I also would not really recommend doing this for only one or two songs.
kjutte
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Jul 15 2008, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you change the tuning the tension of your strings will change, therefor the whole Floyd Rose will rest in a different position, therefor the tuning will change. I also would not really recommend doing this for only one or two songs.

Agreed. easier to just get another guitar tongue.gif
I could do it though, because I have a tremol-no. HAUHAU
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.