Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Past Tense
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Uploads
Trond Vold
I recorded this one well over a year ago, but just started working on getting a proper sound/arrangement for it
I'm pleased with the melodies and the solos, but the arrangement and the final section needs some work.

But i thought i would put up the current working mix smile.gif
Any comments/arrangement ideas?

Click to view attachment
skennington
ohmy.gif Wow! I really liked that Trond, don't really know what to say other than it is great! smile.gif Liked the fact that it smacks you right in the face as soon as it start's then relaxes the hand (so to speak) as you get further into it.
SensE
INSANE INSANE INSANE ! I really like the mix you have. The Lead Guitar volume is comparatively lower than the Rhythm guitar and I think it just fine. The punchy rhythmic is really awesome which makes the song stands out. How about the Vocal?
UncleSkillet
Sounds good man!

For my taste I would bring up the mix with the melody solo starting at 0:42 and 1:42

I really like the change that starts around 3:18 and when 3:34 comes around WoW, the licks sound cool!

At the end around 5:10 it starts to build nice for the ending but the final end left me empty.

Of course this is just my thoughts. That said I think you have another winner.

You asked.

Congrats!
Outlaw2112
Nice dude... I think that the rhythm guitar needs more treble, but thats just my taste... sounds nice, very nice.... sick solo runs, one day ill be able to solo like that.. cool.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Nice riffing Trond, sound is great, saturated Marshall ruleeeezz man! biggrin.gif
Nighthawk1
Awesome...the riffs sound like Disturbed !!!My compliments...Interesting title also, why is it called Past Tense?...Almost thought this topic was about English grammar ! laugh.gif
fatb0t
Please release a CD - your guitar work is very entertaining to my ears. =)
Trond Vold
Thanks all for the great comment biggrin.gif

Nighthawk: Figuring out names for my songs is for some reason one of my biggest problems, and if i'm really stuck, i put on the TV and pick out a random spoken word or two biggrin.gif

Outlaw2112: It's tricky to get a mix sound good on all speakers. My monitors have alot of natural treble in them, and it sounds terrible on my end if i add some more smile.gif

UnkleSkillet: You might be on to something there with the mix. I'll try that out
The ending feels a bit weak to me too and i'm trying to come up with something better.
Daniel Robinson
Very nice man!

I was waiting for James Labrie (Dream Theater) to start singing at anytime!

My thought is that it needs some kind of interlude, a quiet section that has that tension that builds back into the main theme of the song. Not sure where it would be good to put it though.

Daniel
Trond Vold
QUOTE (Daniel Robinson @ Jul 23 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very nice man!

I was waiting for James Labrie (Dream Theater) to start singing at anytime!

My thought is that it needs some kind of interlude, a quiet section that has that tension that builds back into the main theme of the song. Not sure where it would be good to put it though.

Daniel

Thanks! smile.gif
An interlude sounds like a good idea. I could pehaps scrap or move the section i'm not satisfied with and do something like that there.
vintageplaya666
Pure Awesomeness as always Trond!
Bogdan Radovic
Sounds awesome Trond !! You are very gifted !! smile.gif
Trond Vold
Thanks Bogdan and Vintage biggrin.gif
fire
great stuff!!

why not make a lesson out of the main riff??? would be great!! smile.gif
botoxfox
Cool song
thefireball
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 22 2008, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohmy.gif Wow! I really liked that Trond, don't really know what to say other than it is great! smile.gif Liked the fact that it smacks you right in the face as soon as it start's then relaxes the hand (so to speak) as you get further into it.

+1

QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Jul 23 2008, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome...the riffs sound like Disturbed !!!My compliments...Interesting title also, why is it called Past Tense?...Almost thought this topic was about English grammar ! laugh.gif

laugh.gif +1

That was cool! Very dramatic ending!!
Vasilije Vukmirovic
Wow, sound is awesome, really really powerful!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.