Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jason Becker Tribute
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
Koopid
I actually found this guy in the local newspaper, apparantly he lives somewhere in the same very small town as me.

I LOVE this tune, he is 17 or 18 years old..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW5e3O11s9w
Daniel Robinson
That was beautiful man, thanks for sharing!

Daniel
Caelumamittendum
Jason Becker was an awesome player, no doubt. Has been an inspiration to me many times. He's still an awesome musician, though he's movement these days are limited.
Canis
Awesome! He sound brilliant!
And he even got a mail from Jason Becker saying he should keep up the good work ^^
Thanks for sharing =)
Gerardo Siere
Great tribute to a great player.
Nighthawk1
QUOTE (Koopid @ Jul 28 2008, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually found this guy in the local newspaper, apparantly he lives somewhere in the same very small town as me.

I LOVE this tune, he is 17 or 18 years old..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW5e3O11s9w

He was when he recorded his first album..now he should be almost 40. Unfornutalely, he is very sick and can't play anymore for at least 20 ages...poor guy...brilliant player he was already with 17 !
Canis
QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Jul 28 2008, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He was when he recorded his first album..now he should be almost 40. Unfornutalely, he is very sick and can't play anymore for at least 20 ages...poor guy...brilliant player he was already with 17 !

Yeah, Becker himself is ill... This was "just" a tribute by someone in Koopid's hometown wink.gif
I heard Steve Vai and Paul Gilbert and many other guitarists joined together to make a CD where all profits were given to Becker to help pay for his medical treatment.
Koopid
QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Jul 28 2008, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is the guy in the video who is 17 or 18... smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
He plays so good! Beautiful composition! Thanks for sharing. wink.gif
Nighthawk1
QUOTE (Koopid @ Jul 28 2008, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is the guy in the video who is 17 or 18... smile.gif

I see I misunderstood, I thought it was a video in which Jason played becaue I didn't watch the video.. wink.gif .the age of 17 just primed in me because Jason was also seventeen and played like a God...but now I watched it...this guy seems to follow in the steps of Jason - also such an awesome young player Incredible !!!
Marcus Lavendell
Nice vid! Thanks for sharing! smile.gif
Koopid
I think the kid only played for 3 years too....
Nighthawk1
QUOTE (Koopid @ Jul 30 2008, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't make my self-esteem hit rock bottom !!! mad.gif wink.gif
Tolek
Really awesome! ohmy.gif I´m pretty sure he´ll be a pro. smile.gif I hope so.
Danilo Capezzuto
Respect to him and for the mighty Jason! Jason rules!
Caelumamittendum
QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Jul 29 2008, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this guy seems to follow in the steps of Jason -

Hopefully not into the grim land of ALS.
Déjà vu
QUOTE (Koopid @ Jul 30 2008, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I talked to him on Myspace... He also composes his piece by what sounds good to him. He said he sometimes looks at scales to compose his pieces. But, this piece he had none in mind when the wrote it. His tone was a lot like Jason's (Vibrato, phrases etc.), especially in the beginning. This was a really good find biggrin.gif!
swingline
I liked it, it was very well written.
Juan M. Valero
great video, thanks for sharing !!! great tune wink.gif
Toni Suominen
Great tribute, thanks for sharing! smile.gif
Ryan
Jason Becker was and still is the best.

Its very nice composition.
Prantare
Hello guys, I was given free access to this forum by Kristofer so I could respond in this topic. Thanks alot! :-)

Thanks for all the support, I have read all of your replies many many times now.. and I appreciate them more and more every time I read them. They are really heart warming. It's very fun to see my music being spread by people I don't know.

Oh, I was 17 when the video was recorded!

Thanks alot again guys. :-)

Fredrik Präntare
Tolek
Again, I can say that you´re awesome!
Oh, and welcome to GMC, mate! smile.gif
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Prantare @ Oct 6 2008, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello guys, I was given free access to this forum by Kristofer so I could respond in this topic. Thanks alot! :-)

Thanks for all the support, I have read all of your replies many many times now.. and I appreciate them more and more every time I read them. They are really heart warming. It's very fun to see my music being spread by people I don't know.

Oh, I was 17 when the video was recorded!

Thanks alot again guys. :-)

Fredrik Präntare

Welcome Fredrik and what a fantastic first post. You seem to be a great guy so it definitely looks like we made the right decision letting you in! smile.gif

PS I think the video rocks as well! Well done biggrin.gif
Rated Htr
Really love it...Great feeling to it smile.gif. Nice job man smile.gif
Duncan
Brilliant work, and a great tribute to a excellent musician and role model.
Velvet Roger
Really nice video, thanks for sharing smile.gif
Prantare
Thanks so much everyone! :-D
Vasilije Vukmirovic
Jason Becker was the best composer among guitarist players, and one of the few shredders that I really appreciate!
Noangels
Great melodies,but I was expecting a ripping solo in there somewhere!

Jason was killer,loved his carvin guitar adds-shame he got ill.I think other people could notice it when
he was recording with DLR in the studios and after that it just got worse.
Koopid
So nice to see a fellow Söderhamnare in here too
Prantare
QUOTE (Koopid @ Oct 15 2008, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So nice to see a fellow Söderhamnare in here too

Thanks alot! :-)
I don't know who you are but I'm sure we'll meet some day! Thanks alot for the support!!

Where are you working?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.