Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gibson Vs Fender
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
bubbalicious
hi everyone,

which brand would u rather use gibson or fender
Fran
Both are classics, matter of taste.

On a side note: Why choose when you can have both?
coffeeman
Fender!

This has been asked before check this thread
Xuestor
what color on underwear do U prefer? black or white?

It's a matter of taste and when and how you're gonna use them. They are both great guitars.
sigma7
Fender definitley. I like the sound better. But Gibson does have better looking guitars. All Fenders look alike and they wont explore different body types which gets kind of old.
kyldeee
Fender for me... I used to like Gibson more,
but then I tried a Les Paul at a music shop,
and it didn't just work for me.

But I like Music Man way
better than Fender or Gibson smile.gif
Praetorian
Both have great guitars...but if I have to choose between the two, then it is Fender hands down for me.
Bogdan Radovic
I don't know its really dead race there. but I was always leaning towards fender smile.gif
chmilew
I have both, but I can't say which one is my favourite.
Just a matter of taste smile.gif
JVM
QUOTE (Fran @ Aug 4 2008, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Both are classics, matter of taste.

On a side note: Why choose when you can have both?

cool.gif I'm with you bro, les paul, strat and a kind of freaky modified telecaster here tongue.gif
Siggum
Well, they each got something the other one doesnt have, so why not both biggrin.gif its purely a matter off taste id say, there is no "better than the other" thing.
kjutte
Fender with a bridge humbucker.
Niko Fran
I really like the Gibson guitars look, but I feel alot more comfortable with Fender guitars, like the Strat and Telecaster
Tomotoms
Gibson for sound, Fender for feel.

<Ibanez for both>
Darfuria
QUOTE (Xuestor @ Aug 4 2008, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what color on underwear do U prefer? black or white?

It's a matter of taste and when and how you're gonna use them. They are both great guitars.

How would you use black underwear differently to white underwear? dry.gif

I'm certainly a Fender fan myself.
Gus
Gibson represents the classical humbucker sound and fender represents the classical single coil sound. Other brands will probably lie somewhere between both (Ibanez for instance gives a good compromise of humbucker and single coil sound).

So I'd say if you want full flexibility in what you are able to play a good way to go is having one fender and one gibson.

To my taste, Gibson gives the kind of distorted sound I love (like Led Zeppelin or Guns n Roses). Fender gives the kind of cleans I love (like Sultans of swing or comfortably numb). I just don´t feel right playing sultans of swing in a les paul as I just don't feel right playing black dog. in a strat.
TreyDeschamp
for fun fender......for like practice and live and stuff gibson
JVM
QUOTE (Gus @ Aug 4 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gibson represents the classical humbucker sound and fender represents the classical single coil sound. Other brands will probably lie somewhere between both (Ibanez for instance gives a good compromise of humbucker and single coil sound).

So I'd say if you want full flexibility in what you are able to play a good way to go is having one fender and one gibson.

To my taste, Gibson gives the kind of distorted sound I love (like Led Zeppelin or Guns n Roses). Fender gives the kind of cleans I love (like Sultans of swing or comfortably numb). I just don´t feel right playing sultans of swing in a les paul as I just don't feel right playing black dog. in a strat.

I wish I had a fender equipped with original wide range humbuckers. They were fender's response to gibson's humbuckers, and they're supposedly really good (designed by the same guy that designed gibson's original PAF's). They make reissues I think but they're not as good from what I hear. But people pay a lot of money for the original ones if they can find them, so I'd love to get my hands on some smile.gif
Xuestor
QUOTE (Darfuria @ Aug 4 2008, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How would you use black underwear differently to white underwear? dry.gif

absolutely none of your business!! tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

As with my guitars.
Hisham Al-Sanea
the both together
audiopaal
Both smile.gif
gnrrock
I think there both pretty good guitar brands

But i would always choose gibson over fender- no contest! laugh.gif
Nemanja Filipovic
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Aug 5 2008, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Both smile.gif

I Agree,all tough I love Gibson more,there are some things where Fender rules.like clean tone.smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
I would definitely like to have from both worlds, although Fender would be definitely my primary guitar smile.gif Matter of taste of course, both are superb guitars.
ZakkWylde
Fender only for Bass guitars, Gibson for everything else.
JeroenKole
Both equally. Both have their merrits and their flaws.

But I agree with previous posts, this is pretty useless. Pretty much a ice-cream topic chocolat or vanilla, both please wink.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (JeroenKole @ Aug 6 2008, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty much a ice-cream topic chocolat or vanilla, both please wink.gif

I agree, nice one wink.gif

Althouhg I like Chocolate (Fender) better biggrin.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
Never been a fan of either, but I will go with the Fender too.
Marcus Siepen
GIBSON !!!! wink.gif
But well, both companies build aswesome guitars, it just depends on what you want.
Toni Suominen
Both have their unique great sound, I would have them both! smile.gif
superize
As it feels now i would go with Gibson but if i could have both offcourse i would.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.