Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Painting My Guitar !
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Juan M. Valero

My guitar:

Removing the "Frankestein" artwork first...

And now take the paintbrush !!!

kyldeee
Wicked biggrin.gif
Juan M. Valero
laugh.gif I'm gonna paint some gothic drawings wink.gif wait a minute, I add some draws now tongue.gif

Ah, that looks better tongue.gif

kyldeee
Really cool, can't wait to see it finished smile.gif
Juan M. Valero
QUOTE (kyldeee @ Aug 20 2008, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really cool, can't wait to see it finished smile.gif

thanks kyldeee, I think I need too much hour till it will be finished, but now I'm happy with it and I think it will be a cool design biggrin.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
This looks pretty good Juan, very interesting to see your JEM customized man smile.gif
Juan M. Valero
Thanks Ivan, I wish all be ok !!!! laugh.gif

Ah, I deleted the IBANEZ logo and I'm gonna put mine biggrin.gif I'm crazy, I know cool.gif
Kevin98497
sweet! lookin awesome already, cant wait for finish product haha. what kinda paint are you usin btw?
Jose Mena
Great man, I love doing crazy stuff like this, I was actually thinking about making a frankenstrat, yours looked cool
Nemanja Filipovic
Great job man,you should start a business .smile.gif
bladzerok
awesome, painting, looks very unique biggrin.gif
Juan M. Valero
QUOTE (Nemanja Filipovic @ Aug 20 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great job man,you should start a business .smile.gif

laugh.gif it would be a great idea !!!!

Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 20 2008, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, I deleted the IBANEZ logo and I'm gonna put mine biggrin.gif I'm crazy, I know cool.gif

After seeing that inlays grinded from scalloping, nothing suprises me biggrin.gif

Keep doing and post pics, it looks great, and I love customized guitars! cool.gif
Juan M. Valero
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Aug 20 2008, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great man, I love doing crazy stuff like this, I was actually thinking about making a frankenstrat, yours looked cool

yeah, I like to customize my guitars, I had 2 frankestain Ibanez but this design will be too much better !!!! (and I'll spend too much time !!! laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 20 2008, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After seeing that inlays grinded from scalloping, nothing suprises me biggrin.gif

Keep doing and post pics, it looks great, and I love customized guitars! cool.gif

yeah, I forgot another thing I replaced the last inlay. There wear a "Steve Vai" inlay so I put over another with my simbol biggrin.gif
bubbalicious
great work on your scalloping dude and cant wait to see it finised
swingline
I like the Batman symbol. biggrin.gif
VinceG
"Uh sir, do you have the permission and consent of DC Comics for that Batman Logo? Sir, step away from the guitar, you are under arrest for the use of the Batman Logo without permission."

laugh.gif Good Job on the painting mate.

Matt23
Cool, can't wait to see it finished.
Tryton
Look great, you've got some gut's to pull a nice ax like that apart...
I applaud you..

JeroenKole
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 20 2008, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif I'm gonna paint some gothic drawings wink.gif wait a minute, I add some draws now tongue.gif

Ah, that looks better tongue.gif

geek alert here!

My eyes might be cheating me, or I might be one of the greatest geeks on this site. But is that a Citadel Skull White bottle on that picture? :S Are you a fellow Warhammer player? If so I'm totally geeking out.

ahem...

Incredible artwork, looking forward to seeing more biggrin.gif

Marcus Lavendell
Looks great Juan!
I like the scallop as well biggrin.gif
Juan M. Valero
QUOTE (JeroenKole @ Aug 20 2008, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
geek alert here!

My eyes might be cheating me, or I might be one of the greatest geeks on this site. But is that a Citadel Skull White bottle on that picture? :S Are you a fellow Warhammer player? If so I'm totally geeking out.

ahem...

Incredible artwork, looking forward to seeing more biggrin.gif

laugh.gif yeah, is Citadel Skull white !!! hahaha, the other white was empty and this one works good biggrin.gif

But sorry I was a Warhammer 40,000 player biggrin.gif (and also a Blood Bowl, my favourite one wink.gif )
bubbalicious
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 20 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif yeah, is Citadel Skull white !!! hahaha, the other white was empty and this one works good biggrin.gif

But sorry I was a Warhammer 40,000 player biggrin.gif (and also a Blood Bowl, my favourite one wink.gif )

i have never played warhammer is it good huh.gif
Fran
Looking good Juan, you must be skilled in painting!, keep posting pictures smile.gif
Hisham Al-Sanea
aha.. juan design and signature.
Juan M. Valero
QUOTE (Fran @ Aug 20 2008, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking good Juan, you must be skilled in painting!, keep posting pictures smile.gif

Well, actually I'm skilled in copying, I search lot of pictures in the Internet and I make my arrangements, I'm not inventing all this stuff just copying it. Anyway I spend lot of years painting miniatures and I have a good technique there tongue.gif and I'm better at painting than at drawing smile.gif

Another pic:

Any ideas ??
Juan M. Valero
hehe, thanks Spreedmaster !!!!! his drawing for my album now painted in my guitar biggrin.gif (love it guy, you did an amazing work !!!)
kaznie_NL
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 21 2008, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hehe, thanks Spreedmaster !!!!! his drawing for my album now painted in my guitar biggrin.gif (love it guy, you did an amazing work !!!)

This is cool!! I just think it's kinda weird to remove all the Jem things and add your M logos biggrin.gif But your guitar, so not my business laugh.gif

You are a fine airbrusher, or is it pure painting?
Juan M. Valero

mmm I'm sorry but I don't understand exactly the meaning of this sentence... anyway I tell you I paint it with a small brush... well actually with lot of small brushes laugh.gif

MickeM
Looks great, you're a skilled painter!
Ivan Milenkovic
Hey Juan, these drawings look very good man. Are you planning to cover the whole guitar with a lot of these drawings? Looks great for now man, keep going smile.gif
Juan M. Valero
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 21 2008, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks great, you're a skilled painter!

Thanks MickeM wink.gif I was a bit afraid because I didn't know if if could remember all what I learnt in the painting school !! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 21 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Juan, these drawings look very good man. Are you planning to cover the whole guitar with a lot of these drawings? Looks great for now man, keep going smile.gif

yeah, that the idea !!! Lot of works as you can see !!! tongue.gif

Another pic:

kaznie_NL
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 21 2008, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mmm I'm sorry but I don't understand exactly the meaning of this sentence... anyway I tell you I paint it with a small brush... well actually with lot of small brushes laugh.gif

I didin't know how to say it right tongue.gif But you did anwser the question. I just wondered how you painted it, with normal brushes (as you did) or with an airbrush (check it on youtube, very cool )

Gonna do the front side as well?
Juan M. Valero
Oh, looks great !!! we call it "aerógrafo" hehe, but I don't know how to use it :rollingeyes:

Gonna do the front side as well?

FOR SURE !!!!! hehe, I need to find a good picture to paint it there !!!
Juan M. Valero
with surfing with the alien tongue.gif It looks not too good, sorry, too difficult for me rolleyes.gif
Fran
Maybe you could paint Iron Maiden's Eddie somewhere? The one on Piece of Mind would look awesome!
Capt.Z
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 21 2008, 06:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
with surfing with the alien tongue.gif It looks not too good, sorry, too difficult for me rolleyes.gif

That is one of my favorite cds!! rolleyes.gif
Juan M. Valero
QUOTE (Fran @ Aug 21 2008, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe you could paint Iron Maiden's Eddie somewhere? The one on Piece of Mind would look awesome!

hehe, yeah, I'm a bid Maiden fan so I'll do, but it will be in the front of my guitar-body biggrin.gif
I think the piece of mind would be great... or live after death, killers or number of the beast... there are too many options !!
Praetorian
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 21 2008, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hehe, yeah, I'm a bid Maiden fan so I'll do, but it will be in the front of my guitar-body biggrin.gif
I think the piece of mind would be great... or live after death, killers or number of the beast... there are too many options !!

How about Eddie from the Trooper...except with the Spanish flag!

mattacuk
very cool Juan !!!

I think i will stick to me 2 F holes for now though biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Juan M. Valero
yes, Fs would be great wink.gif I would and them !!! haha, well I think it wouldn't look good... I should try it before tongue.gif

QUOTE (Praetorian @ Aug 21 2008, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about Eddie from the Trooper...except with the Spanish flag!

haha, that would be another possibility... but not with the Spanish flag, maybe with a Skull and 2 bones laugh.gif laugh.gif

Juan M. Valero
It looks better every time !!!!

Now it's turn to record my next lesson tongue.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
One word - awesome! smile.gif

I can already see that this guitar is gonna be something pretty and unique wink.gif
Henry Dietzel
I have enjoyed your progress so far, I really look forward to the final touches.

Awesome job, awesome project Juan smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
Wow it looks really interesting !! Great project , can't wait to see the finished product! smile.gif
Juan M. Valero
thanks guys, is great to be able to share this project with all of you !!! It really helps me to keep my effort and be constant !! biggrin.gif

midnight
That's wild, great job! Can't wait to see the finished design.

Guitarist16
very cool and unique. i like it!
BodomESP
I have to admit I was a bit skeptacle when I opened this thread.....I mean hand-painting a JEM seems pretty risky to me.

But Juan seriously that looks awsome!!! I would actually pay to have one of my guitar's styled like that!!!
rockztar
That looks awesome
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.