Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bugera Amplifiers
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Marshmall0wz
So in my search for an entry to tube amps/ a mesa boogie lonestar copy, i found this baby.
http://bugera-amps.com/Products/333XL-212.html
It's all valve, and from demos and reviews on youtube, it looks like a great deal. $700
What do you think w.youtube.com/watch?v=lzFY5_RWD8w
im really excited to find these
skennington
Thought the amp was a bargain as well til Muris told me it was made by Behringer. So I asked the "Endorsed by Bugera" guitarist that owned it what his take was on the little beast..... His words, "it's free". Don't think he was that impressed. I briefly, and I stress briefly played through it and neither was I. sad.gif

I suggest you try befor you buy smile.gif
MickeM
That model is a rip off of the Peavey JSX model.

Expect an amp that sounds like a JSX at a lot less cost and lot less quality.
Muris Varajic
I believe you might experience the same thing as with many Behringer products,
you get nice deal for less money but it's always a question
how long it's gonna work properly,if it doesn't work properly already. mellow.gif
mattacuk
I read that on the Peavey Valveking 212 and VK 100 head you can switch it between class A, and class A/B. Apprently when you switch it to class A mode on the gain channel it sounds like older mesa's. Nothing sounds as good as a real mesa, but you might wanna have a look at this amp if your own a budget smile.gif
Marcus Siepen
If "it's free" is the only reason why somebody plays this amp it can't be that great...
MickeM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Aug 24 2008, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If "it's free" is the only reason why somebody plays this amp it can't be that great...

laugh.gif especially if it's a $700 Bugera. A million dollar amp on the other hand... wink.gif
RIP Dime
I'd save for the Mesa if I were you, Bugera amps sound good, but they're known to break quickly at bedroom levels. No one I know has had one that worked for more than 4 weeks. Very poor quality, if you want good budget amps, go for a Valveking or Blackheart.
Ivan Milenkovic
Along side the fact that one amp is all tube, and high on power, there are a lot more things that a good amp should have. Manufacturers of cheap tube amps know that people often don't look about detailed specs, or reliability issues, how much they like to see labels like: "all tube design", "4 channels", "high quality FX effects", "ultra mega giga EQ boost" etc. Have you ever noticed that most of the time low quality amps do have these stickers on them?

My point is simple. Good amp is expensive and we all know why. It is a standardized model, built from good quality components, built with care, properly tested (not only by company tech, but also by musicians all over the world gigging and touring), and you just know that these amps are good and well worth of money, and you're paying for device that will serve you well in the years to come.

So to conclude save for a good quality tube amp that you will be satisfied with. Guitar amp is after the guitar the most important (and expensive) piece of gear, so it is always better to buy a quality one. Giving 700$ (which is a big amount of money) for something that you will not be pleased in a long run is a bad investment.
Marshmall0wz
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 24 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Along side the fact that one amp is all tube, and high on power, there are a lot more things that a good amp should have. Manufacturers of cheap tube amps know that people often don't look about detailed specs, or reliability issues, how much they like to see labels like: "all tube design", "4 channels", "high quality FX effects", "ultra mega giga EQ boost" etc. Have you ever noticed that most of the time low quality amps do have these stickers on them?

My point is simple. Good amp is expensive and we all know why. It is a standardized model, built from good quality components, built with care, properly tested (not only by company tech, but also by musicians all over the world gigging and touring), and you just know that these amps are good and well worth of money, and you're paying for device that will serve you well in the years to come.

So to conclude save for a good quality tube amp that you will be satisfied with. Guitar amp is after the guitar the most important (and expensive) piece of gear, so it is always better to buy a quality one. Giving 700$ (which is a big amount of money) for something that you will not be pleased in a long run is a bad investment.

okay smile.gif
jer
Good amps last a LONG time too.

Over the length of time you'll own it its money saved if you are happy with it.

I am about halfway through building a Marshall JCM800 50watt tube head clone.

The parts alone have run just under $500.

This is without any speakers and nothing for the cabinet the amp will sit in yet.

Any 50 watt tube head built with anything decent should end up costing $800 or more I'd think. After you add in labor, and profit.

Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (jer @ Sep 12 2008, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any 50 watt tube head built with anything decent should end up costing $800 or more I'd think. After you add in labor, and profit.

I agree. Tube design is expensive, specially because of trannies and bulky electronics involved. Low prices on guitar amps, mean they are cut in every corner, have bad design, and done in mass production. The bigger the mass production - the harder is to maintain a good all-around quality.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.