Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Just Got A Line6 Toneport Gx From Ebay
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Praetorian
I have to say, this is hands down the coolest $50 I have ever spent on ebay! I downloaded GearBox software and turned my PC into my own personal Guitar Center! I couldn't believe the options and possibilities on this thing! I never even touched my Pod 2.0 last night! I still don't dare record myself playing for you guys yet though! If you have been thinking about picking one of these things up, go for it. It seems to have way more options than even my $200 pod does, and it was 1/4 the price!
Bogdan Radovic
Toneport is a very useful little gadget ! I'm really glad I have one, I use it all the time for all sorts of stuff! smile.gif Congrats mate!

p.s. if you have any questions about it , just shoot!
superize
Yeah the Toneport is a great little gadget and you can get very good tones from it.... Have fun with it
Fran
Glad you like it, Toneport + Gearbox sure is amazing!
kjutte
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Aug 26 2008, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to say, this is hands down the coolest $50 I have ever spent on ebay! I downloaded GearBox software and turned my PC into my own personal Guitar Center! I couldn't believe the options and possibilities on this thing! I never even touched my Pod 2.0 last night! I still don't dare record myself playing for you guys yet though! If you have been thinking about picking one of these things up, go for it. It seems to have way more options than even my $200 pod does, and it was 1/4 the price!

NICE DEAL!
jacmoe
I recently got a Toneport GX as well! And I love it! biggrin.gif:

Thinking about getting RiffWorks too.. But I'm not sure.. smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Toneport is very cool. I'm selling it soon to get a pro card, but nevertheless it is serving me well. Great device, cannot imagine life without it biggrin.gif
Toroso
QUOTE (jacmoe @ Aug 26 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thinking about getting RiffWorks too.. But I'm not sure.. smile.gif

I did not care for the demo I had of Riffworks. I suggest you take a look at Mixcraft. Very intuitive and a bargain.

jacmoe
QUOTE (Toroso @ Aug 27 2008, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did not care for the demo I had of Riffworks. I suggest you take a look at Mixcraft. Very intuitive and a bargain.

Will do. Thanks. wink.gif
ZakkWylde
I had a toneport ux1 for about a week and I brought it back to the store. Yes it is easy to use and versitaile but the sounds you get from it are too sterile and digital. I couldn't stand the sound of those amp models. I'll stay with real amps and I'll buy a mic to record the amp directly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.