superize
Check out this amazing japanese guitarist

Here he is playing with Jani Liimatainen the ex sonata arctica guitarist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4sg-nzKFIQ

Here is an instrumental version of one if Galneryus song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CojSv833FqI
Marcus Lavendell
Yeah, he's just amazing!
I think he has got pretty much everything we could ask of a guitarist. Great vibrato, speed, phrasing, clean playing, etc.... smile.gif
Oxac
You should listen to his solo's in In the Delight and The Flame, so GOOD!!! Totally out of normal powermetal but they're so amazing.

In the delight is from Flag of Punishment (Galneryus) and The flame is from One for All - All for one (Galneryus)

The Uncreator
Syu is amazing, and Galneryus is brilliant, He is one of the top players in the world no doubt, unparalleled creativity.
Rated Htr
I'm listening to My last farewell right now...Galneryus is amazing, and so is Syu smile.gif
Juan M. Valero
cool videos mate wink.gif
Lian Gerbino
yes, great Band, and great guitar player! syu has a great style!
I´m working on a lesson based on him and galneryus, so I hope finish it soon!

thanks for sharing! wink.gif
Enucleation
I don't really like Galneyrus's singer though, it seems a lot of japanese bands have the same singer...
Oxac
You get used to it tongue.gif
Rain
Heh, I've actually been watching these guys for awhile now on Youtube. There is a lick that Syu performs that
I just can't figure out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DXRNwfY4Yc&NR=1

At 1.30-1.45+ he does this wailing sound I would love to replicate / manipulate.

Anyone know the TABS for it? Or able to figure out the TABS?
ZakkWylde
The part you mentioned is just simple pentatonic (A minor I think). It just some standard blues/rock licks sped up (Zakk Wylde Style, hehe^^) and some speedpicking in the same scale...
Canis
In my opinion, he's too perfect tongue.gif
He's a robot, I say!

The Japanese seems to be best at everything tongue.gif
Lian Gerbino
QUOTE (Canis @ Aug 30 2008, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my opinion, he's too perfect tongue.gif
He's a robot, I say!

The Japanese seems to be best at everything tongue.gif

amen! biggrin.gif
Nemanja Filipovic
great videos man,thanks for sharing.smile.gif
Danilo Capezzuto
Very fast but nothing original, plus I think he have to improve his bending. Nice guitarist anyway, but I don't like it. Thank you for the links. wink.gif
Oxac
I don't think he have to improve his bending, not from what I've heard from him. I've listened to more than a couple of videos...

In that Video with Jani he just improvises while Jani plays things he's practised for years, almost everything comes from Sonata albums... and still, imho, Syu wins 'cause of vibrato and better licks.

If you listen to most of Syu's stuff you'll see that he always bend in pitch and have a killer vibrato! He's also all about melody and chord progressions. He (unlike most other powermetal guitarists) us scale substitution, pentatonic substitution while playing... I love it so much! He's like a Jazz guitarist, Rock guitarist and a metal shredder combined with a Bettle!!! (songwriting phenomena)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.