Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 196 Rules Of Doom Metal
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Bedlam
I found this list funny...

Highlights:
13. It is acceptable to listen to non-doomy music if you play it at 1/4 of its normal tempo.
44. If there are more than 30 beats per minute, the music is too fast.
154. If half the audience hasn't left out of frustration before you've finished your first note, then you're playing too fast.

http://doomish.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1195
Canis
Haha; "134. Fail young, fail often"
Bedlam
QUOTE (Canis @ Sep 5 2008, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha; "134. Fail young, fail often"

haha, that's another favorite of mine
Fsgdjv
33. If you're a Doom/Death fan, you must complain endlessly about Droning Doom because it's even slower and more boring than what you listen to. Also complain about trad-doom because half the vocalists sound like they've been castrated.

This one is true! The thing about traditional doom that is.
Juan M. Valero
hahaha, mad rules !!! biggrin.gif
OrganisedConfusion
haha. You gotta love Doom metal. There is this band from where I am from and they play so slowly at most points it sounds like they have stopped completely. biggrin.gif
Canis
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Sep 9 2008, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha. You gotta love Doom metal. There is this band from where I am from and they play so slowly at most points it sounds like they have stopped completely. biggrin.gif

Haha, I just got an idea for a gig: Using some software to keep the sustain forever, and just putting down the guitar and leave for some hours tongue.gif
Nazgul
QUOTE (Canis @ Sep 9 2008, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, I just got an idea for a gig: Using some software to keep the sustain forever, and just putting down the guitar and leave for some hours tongue.gif

laugh.gif . I think some Hardcore-Fans would stay.
The Uncreator
laugh.gif

That list was awesome
Young Guitarist
in doom ,bpm stands for "beats per millenium"
Canis
Haha, new favourite one:
"81. Doom musicians don't move at gigs. If they move, they are not doom."

and: "97. Doom should sound like being alone, naked, with no food, or water, in the middle of a terrible blizzard, with a lot of hatred and pain in your heart, while being on drugs. If it doesn’t go see a doctor of doom." laugh.gif
Matt23
laugh.gif Thanks for posting.
Nazgul
58. A Funeral Doom riff should last a minimum of 15 seconds, and repeat itself for at least 16 minutes.

biggrin.gif
Canis
Haha, number 188 followed by 189... I laughed my nuts off! laugh.gif
It's too nasty to copypaste into this forum though tongue.gif
Young Guitarist
HAH! 188 and 189!! biggrin.gif
wollace03
158 is quite cool,too
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.