Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Non Evil Metal?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
sigma7
Wuts up GMC! biggrin.gif First of all I would like to say sorry to everbody that I offend somehow. Neway, Ive been looking to fill up my Ipod...again... and really want to get into more metal because the guitar is awesome. Unfortunately, it seems like 99.9% of all metal bands self proclaim that they are evil (ex, anti religion, antilife, satan, ect.) This stuff i cant handle and sometimes get offended by it, but that iis just me. Wutever u listen to, Im cool with, its just that type of metal is not my type. So I was wondering if anyone knows any metal bands that doesnt sing about anti religion, antilife, satan, ect. if so please tell me wut they are because i like everything else about metal, its just the lyrics that disturb me. mellow.gif

biggrin.gif Alex
Smikey2006
biggrin.gif lamb of god... their lyrics aren't particularly over the top, its pritty heavy. Gojira sings about whales and saving the environment. Born Of Osiris is pritty heavy, i actually dunno what they are saying tongue.gif don't really care to look into it to much its awsome anyways. High on Fire/ Mastadon. Opeth. do you have a specific genre of metal in mind? Alot of metal the lyrics are simply lyrics tongue.gif unless your listening to really Br()()tol deathmetal i don't pay too much attention to lyrics. the evil comes with the territory tongue.gif
jer
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Sep 25 2008, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wuts up GMC! biggrin.gif First of all I would like to say sorry to everbody that I offend somehow. Neway, Ive been looking to fill up my Ipod...again... and really want to get into more metal because the guitar is awesome. Unfortunately, it seems like 99.9% of all metal bands self proclaim that they are evil (ex, anti religion, antilife, satan, ect.) This stuff i cant handle and sometimes get offended by it, but that iis just me. Wutever u listen to, Im cool with, its just that type of metal is not my type. So I was wondering if anyone knows any metal bands that doesnt sing about anti religion, antilife, satan, ect. if so please tell me wut they are because i like everything else about metal, its just the lyrics that disturb me. mellow.gif

biggrin.gif Alex

Are you serious?

I've been a metalhead since 1981. To be honest I have discovered very little "evil" bands. I know there are some out there. Thats a market just like anything else. But seriously, are you having trouble finding metal bands with non-evil messages?

I could list dozens in this post.
Capt.Z
Have you ever heard of P.O.D.? They rule!! tongue.gif
And Friendly lyrics!
sigma7
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Sep 25 2008, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif lamb of god... their lyrics aren't particularly over the top, its pritty heavy. Gojira sings about whales and saving the environment. Born Of Osiris is pritty heavy, i actually dunno what they are saying tongue.gif don't really care to look into it to much its awsome anyways. High on Fire/ Mastadon. Opeth. do you have a specific genre of metal in mind? Alot of metal the lyrics are simply lyrics tongue.gif unless your listening to really Br()()tol deathmetal i don't pay too much attention to lyrics. the evil comes with the territory tongue.gif

no i dont have a specific genre, just not doom or evil

QUOTE (jer @ Sep 25 2008, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you serious?

I've been a metalhead since 1981. To be honest I have discovered very little "evil" bands. I know there are some out there. Thats a market just like anything else. But seriously, are you having trouble finding metal bands with non-evil messages?

ohhh please do !!!!!!
i already know about all hair metal bands but im trying to find more of a more modern metal band, like from 1990 to now or something like that
Smikey2006
QUOTE (jer @ Sep 25 2008, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you serious?

no i have no problem finding metal bands with non evil messages i just listen to alot of really Br()()tol stuff, and i tend to find the lyrics are about hate, war, loss. Stuff like that, i don't even listen to the message. I could list tons of non evil metal bands as well. they just tend to be either of a more Thrash, Power, Speed or Grunge Metal base. While i like listening to NU, Death, Grindcore, hardcore, Heavy, Drone, black and Newage Thrash. I don't pay attention to alot of lyrics except when they are particularly memorable. If you want to discuss in more detail head to the chat room smile.gif

jer
what are some bands you are into? That would help us recommend some.

Seriously almost my entire library fits the "non-evil" category.

Gus
Try out firewind. As far as I can tell, lyrics are fine.

And guitar is ultra amazingly gorgeous! tongue.gif
Skalde
I really like all styles of Metal, and I do not know one 'evil metal band'.
Here are some Bands I listen to quiet often:
Annihilator
Primal Fear
Dark Age
Mors Principium Est
Iced Earth
In Flames
Dark Seed
Running Wild
Judas Priest
Godsmack
Megedeth
Grave Digger

That should cover a great field of, Trash Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Power Metal...
I can name more if you want.
sigma7
QUOTE (jer @ Sep 25 2008, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what are some bands you are into? That would help us recommend some.

Seriously almost my entire library fits the "non-evil" category.

Anywhere from Guns and Roses to Iron Maiden to Pantera to Rammstein(cant understand them anyway) to Avenged Sevenfold( I know, A7x isnt metal but wut the hey) to Metallica to Van Halen(poppy also) to Sonata Arctica ...along those lines

haha

but i wouldnt mind other suggestions as well
Praetorian
Whatever you do...don't read Slayer's lyrics!
sigma7
QUOTE (Skalde @ Sep 25 2008, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really like all styles of Metal, and I do not know one 'evil metal band'.

I dont want to call them evil but they say they are in interviews like revolver or guitarworld haha not me

there was an article about Mors Principium Est and they proclaimed themsleves "evil" in their own words. likequote "we do not care if our music is in ur face offensive stuff [laugh] but it is our lifestyle....we like to bring people almost to a fear"

p.s.s not me just quoted it

wow never heard firewind, like them i need more and more and more haha please? they dont have to be signed just cool music
jer
kamelot
nightwish
sonata arctica

on my wayout the door to see Heloween and Gamma Ray at the moment. smile.gif
edguy
Edguy, Hammerfall, Axel Rudi Pell, Blind Guardian, Dream Evil:), Savatage (many songs about love:)),
Europe, Falconer, Stratovarious just to name a few:)

You should really try out Edguy very good band and of course Blind Guardian

MickeM
Dream Theater
Sun Caged
sigma7
QUOTE (jer @ Sep 25 2008, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kamelot
nightwish
sonata arctica

r u serious?
Fsgdjv
So no evil metal and no doom metal? There's lots of non evil doom metal, is it because you find it boring or because you think it sounds evil? I don't get it.

Anyways, check out novembre. They are "progressive doom", but I doubt you'll dislike them anyways. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soVMH5PYA04
Canis
QUOTE (jer @ Sep 25 2008, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kamelot
nightwish
sonata arctica

Lucky SOB! tongue.gif

I love all the bands you listed there ^^
And to add some more for Sigma:

Rhapsody of Fire
Raintime
Nevermore
Amorphis (in some cases... allthough most their songs are not "evil")
Blind Guardian ^^
Dreamtale
Tarot
Masterplan
Celesty
Dionysus
Dio ^^
Pagan's Mind

That's the ones I can remember from the top of my head...
audiopaal
Iron Maiden wink.gif
sigma7
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Sep 25 2008, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So no evil metal and no doom metal? There's lots of non evil doom metal, is it because you find it boring or because you think it sounds evil? I don't get it.

Anyways, check out novembre. They are "progressive doom", but I doubt you'll dislike them anyways. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soVMH5PYA04

i just like party metal. U no toughguy fun metal. I dont like metal that will make me upset, sorry, depressed, angry, offended ect. for ex, i dont like gothic metal

but i do like Iron Maiden because u can just party to it, hard to explain i no haha
ZakkWylde
And Pantera does not make you agressive?!? What else will then^^
sigma7
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Sep 25 2008, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Pantera does not make you agressive?!? What else will then^^

it gets me pumped, not really agressive haha brisk iced tea in a soda can gets me agressive...how can you call it iced tea when there is no freaking ice in it! mad.gif haha
Iron King
Being anti-religion isn't being evil
A lot of metal bands are anti-religion, but the stereotypical devil worshiping, blood spewing metal band is extremely rare.

Try:
Gama Bomb
Municipal Waste

they seem more interested in partying than making a statement

I would also recommend:
Evile
Bonded by Blood
Hatchet
Lazarus
Fueled by Fire

but those have some violent themes
Guitarman700
i would say Nightwish, but that is REALLY deep complex stuff, lyrically... umm, let me go look at my CDs

Ok;
Nightwish
In Flames
Dark Tranquility
Dio
Soilwork
Lacuna Coil
Disturbed
Sevendust
and Blind Guardian.
Really though, there is no such thing as "evil" music, morality is subjective.
sigma7
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Sep 25 2008, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would say Nightwish, but that is REALLY deep complex stuff, lyrically... umm, let me go look at my CDs

Ok;
Nightwish
In Flames
Dark Tranquility
Dio
Soilwork
Lacuna Coil
Disturbed
Sevendust
and Blind Guardian.
Really though, there is no such thing as "evil" music, morality is subjective.

i no ,the bands themselves call themselves evil haha but i agree with u, itrs just some stuff doesnt sit good with me but thanx ill check all these bands

to everybody else, more would be nice, i just added 50$ worth of songs on my itunes haha keep them coming
The Uncreator
Dream Theater
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Trivium
Blind Guardian
Gamma Ray
Helloween
Evergrey
Jag Panzer
Vanden Plas

Here are some awesome bands, Not really "evil" either, Although most Metal bands arent really "evil" I think, Just really frickin heavy smile.gif
Also, Pretty much any Power Metal band.
Sami
Listen to all that remains, I swear the lead singer has relationship problems thats all his lyrics seem to be about lol but its great music!
Toroso
Sig, I recommend Venom if you want party metal! tongue.gif

If you can stand a little rap in your metal, check out Stuck Mojo.
Smikey2006
QUOTE (Gus @ Sep 25 2008, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try out firewind. As far as I can tell, lyrics are fine.

And guitar is ultra amazingly gorgeous! tongue.gif

SUCH AN AMAZING BAND! GUS G IS INCREDIBLE biggrin.gif i think i finally understand this list biggrin.gif

Skindred (reggie metal mix)
Skieth
Firewind for the win
Demons and Wizards
Emmure (maybe.. they have really fun breakdowns)
Jakub Luptovec
If you want fun and party metal, try Static X - esp. the first album (the others are cool as well smile.gif ). They are not evil in any way smile.gif

I agree with skindred biggrin.gif

then:
Clawfinger
Muse (WICKED!)
Symphony X
Strapping young lad (they are kinda heavy, but lyrics are.. not smile.gif really check them out - for ex. "Love" from album Alien)

jer
Yep, totally serious. Gamma Ray and Helloween last night. Kai Hansen even came out and did 2 songs with Helloween at the end of the show.

It was a good time!!!!

I'm at ProgPowerUSA this weekend. Tonight its:

Amorphis
Riverside
Iron Savior
Andromeda
Elvenking
Pathosray

http://progpowerusa.com

Lots of great bands listed by this group so far. Nothing to really offend anyone with any particular religious point of view.
Disturbed21
to be honest i would say "you shouldnt care about the lyrics if you think the musics good." but static-x,nightwish, pantera, and some of the faster/less sad gothic/doom metal (yes such a thing exist) etc. etc. etc.
rokchik
Not really sure if you'd consider him "metal" or "evil" but Rob Zombie is always worth a listen in my book smile.gif

sigma7
QUOTE (rokchik @ Sep 26 2008, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really sure if you'd consider him "metal" or "evil" but Rob Zombie is always worth a listen in my book smile.gif

haha yah rob zombie is already in my itunes like the old stuff living dead girl, dragula ect. that stuff is fun to listen to

thanx everybody so far, u managed to now add 75$ to my playlist haha more is always welcome if u no ja band that is awesome and fits the category please let me know haha biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Chokehold
Only thing i can say to you is listen to anything but Cannibal Corpse if you want non-evil lyrics smile.gif not a single band i listen to sings evil, and i listen to alot. should not really be that hard to find one. no offence to Cannibal Corpse fans as i like them a bit myself tongue.gif
kjutte
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Sep 25 2008, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

biggrin.gif Alex

listen to instrumentals then. Tony macalpine etc.
metalpete
Check out Into eternity at www.intoeternity.net
IDontWantMyUsername
Party metal... Well, soon that's a genre too I guess tongue.gif Maybe Set me one Fire by Marcus and Kris could be called the first party metal song? I've never really found any genre to put that in biggrin.gif
OzRob
IMO, Hard Rock Hallelujah by Lordi would be the ultimate 'party metal' song. laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdItwaLrv1U...feature=related

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.