Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blues Ballad Video Collaboration
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Collaborations
Pages: 1, 2
Ivan Milenkovic
Here you can post your takes guys.

Video can be of any kind.

Here's the backing.

Minor blues in Bm, tempo is 50bpm! Enjoy! smile.gif
skennington
Guess I'll be the first to upload something...You guys don't be to hard on me.. biggrin.gif Great backing Ivan, I had quite a bit of fun with it. Kept the file size down during the render so hope the vid works in your mix. smile.gif

EDIT: Here's my mp3 files Ivan..
Toroso
Here's mine Ivan.

Put yer beer goggles on everyone, it ain't pretty. tongue.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Hey, this turned out awesome, can't wait to see other takes as well!

Great job guys, we should do video collabs more often smile.gif
kaznie_NL
What's the best way to shoot video? first make your audio song and then make a video? Or just video every try? I normally have around thirty shots, before I have something tongue.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
You can try to prepair something first and then shoot it, or just play it and don't worry. It's all up to you mate smile.gif
Velvet Roger
Here is my contribution. I loved playing over it (especially with my new toys tongue.gif ). Still having some troubles getting the same sound on the recording compared to the 'real sound', but I was fairly happy with the end result.

If you need the orginal sound files with/without backing as well, just give a shout as I have them readily available. EDIT: already uploaded them as well smile.gif

Looking forward to your comments
coffeeman
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 19 2008, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can try to prepair something first and then shoot it, or just play it and don't worry. It's all up to you mate smile.gif

Hi Ivan,

I think you need and audio file and a video file, right?
Ivan Milenkovic
Sure audio file would be very nice, so I can level up everything, but it is not an obligation. Since this is the first video collab, we'll keep things simple, one video, and audio if you can.
Ivan Milenkovic
Great take leedbreak, and a nice guitar man smile.gif
Toroso
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 23 2008, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, been sniffin around those Schecters for a while now. Jonesin' laugh.gif
leedbreak
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 23 2008, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks,

Yeah thats my second Schecter set it up myself, me proud. tongue.gif

Plus, it was just $200 and a trip to the local pawn shop.
kaznie_NL
Hey Ivan, here's my take! I managed to combine a sound take with my video, so you don't have to mix anymore!

I found this one prety hard to play over, because it was so slow!!! My solution was playing standing, I can't play fast when standing tongue.gif

Also I wanna ask you if you can see anything wrong about my picking hand, I've had some little pains lately, and that's not good for a 14 year old wink.gif

cya!

EDIT: Pls cut out the last bit! it's just shutting of the camera tongue.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
superize
Here is my take kinda bad video quality.....
Ivan Milenkovic
It's pretty cool guys, thanks for joining in smile.gif
Prantare
Hey man, I'm very sorry to say I can't do this now.. I hurt my fingers while playing basketball so no guitar playing for me for a couple of days. :-/

But good luck guys and cool playing! smile.gif
OrganisedConfusion
In the proper place smile.gif

Tolek
Here is my take. Just recorded it. I had a lot of fun putting some ideas together. Great first experience with collaborations. smile.gif
However, I can´t give you an audio file without backing track because then I´d have to record myself again, without backing track and it would sound wrong. Sorry about this. sad.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Thanks for the takes OC and Tolek, and don't worry about audio Tolek, this one should do the job nicely smile.gif
Tolek
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 25 2008, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the takes OC and Tolek, and don't worry about audio Tolek, this one should do the job nicely smile.gif

Ok. I´m really happy this isn´t a problem. smile.gif
coffeeman
Hi Ivan,

here is my take, sorry for starting before the first beat.

@ Kaz Beautiful guitar man , and your picking technique has improved a lot

@ OC Great take man

Edit: I changed the video file

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Oct 25 2008, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ OC Great take man

Cheers. I checked your vid out and the video played weirdly for me. It played sped up with crackling. Hopefully this is just my pc being silly. I listened to Audio though and your tone is great. I wish I could get that really smooth sound. Awesome guitar also smile.gif
skennington
Wow! great takes guys! I feel I have failed in comparison... laugh.gif Might need to work on this one again.. unsure.gif

@ coffeeman, when I downloaded your vid, I only got the audio for some reason.. sad.gif
OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (skennington @ Oct 25 2008, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! great takes guys! I feel I have failed in comparison... laugh.gif Might need to work on this one again.. unsure.gif

@ coffeeman, when I downloaded your vid, I only got the audio for some reason.. sad.gif

I got sped up video and bad audio. So maybe he used an odd codec?
coffeeman
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 25 2008, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cheers. I checked your vid out and the video played weirdly for me.

QUOTE (skennington @ Oct 25 2008, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi guys,

I change the file , please let me no if this one is working.

Thanks.

@ OC , if you use gearbox I can send you the patch Im using , its one of Marcus Lavendell.
Tolek
It isn´t still working. sad.gif
coffeeman
QUOTE (Tolek @ Oct 25 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It isn´t still working. sad.gif

Thats very strange it works perfect on my computer, I added a mpeg file I hope it works.
skennington
I'm still only getting audio coffeeman
coffeeman
QUOTE (skennington @ Oct 25 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm still only getting audio coffeeman

With the mpeg file too ? only audio ?
skennington
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Oct 25 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the mpeg file too ? only audio ?

laugh.gif with mpeg, now only video.. sad.gif
coffeeman
QUOTE (skennington @ Oct 25 2008, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif with mpeg, now only video.. sad.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'll edit the video in vegas and lets see what happends.

I changed it again.

Ok i give up , I'll fix it tomorrow.
Ivan Milenkovic
No need to fix it, it's OK on my PC coffeeman. Cheers mate smile.gif
Tolek
I´ll do a new video tomorrow. I talked a bit with Pedja who gave me some advice. I´ll turn down the volume of my guitar a bit and play a bit cleaner.
So, I´ll update it tomorrow. smile.gif
superize
I also heard your video coffe
Chris Evans
here you go, sorry nearly forgot to do this one ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
kaznie_NL
QUOTE (Smells @ Oct 25 2008, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
here you go, sorry nearly forgot to do this one ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

.... Now my take sounds like... garbage tongue.gif

@Coffee: Thanks man, it's very nice to get some personal thumbs up!!

@OC: That tone is wicked!!
audiopaal
Hello fellow bluesers smile.gif

After a few runthroughs, I recorded my first ever take on blues!
Or cowboyblues if you will (you'll see what I mean soon enough tongue.gif)

Not too shabby for being my first try at blues, but not as goos as some of you experienced Bluesers biggrin.gif

Here ya go:

Video: Click to view attachment

Wbt: Click to view attachment

Wobt: Click to view attachment
Tolek
Your takes are really cool, guys! smile.gif

Today, I tried to do a new video, but I played a lot of mistakes and left it. So, no update. smile.gif
Audiopaal, I downloaded the avi-file, but there´s no video. ohmy.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (Tolek @ Oct 26 2008, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your takes are really cool, guys! smile.gif

Today, I tried to do a new video, but I played a lot of mistakes and left it. So, no update. smile.gif
Audiopaal, I downloaded the avi-file, but there´s no video. ohmy.gif

Oh crab, I'll upload another later then... sad.gif

edit: Works very well with my videoplayer (VLC: www.videolan.com), if you want to see it smile.gif
Andrew Cockburn
Ok, here's my effort - its in Widescreen, sorry if that causes a problem ... had some fun playing with Vegas multiple camera support smile.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 26 2008, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, here's my effort - its in Widescreen, sorry if that causes a problem ... had some fun playing with Vegas multiple camera support smile.gif

Very nice Andrew smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Great takes guys AudioPaal and Andrew, and very interesting camera work Andrew smile.gif

For all participants:

I can see the video and hear the audio on all takes, and will code them with a well known codec like Xvid so I think everybody should be able to watch it no troubles.
skennington
Sorry Ivan and the rest of you guys, I had to give this one another go using my new used guitar... laugh.gif
No audio file on this one, just off the seat of my pance with the cam on. Used which ever take you like Ivan.. smile.gif I prefer this one.. tongue.gif Although it is a larger file, but better quality.
Ivan Milenkovic
This other video is pretty cool mate, so I'll use this one if you don't mind smile.gif
skennington
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 26 2008, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This other video is pretty cool mate, so I'll use this one if you don't mind smile.gif

I was hoping you would.. smile.gif smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
You got it then smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Little note, I'm starting to do the final mix in about 6 hours, so anybody wanna record something, now is the perfect time. Thanks smile.gif
Gus
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 27 2008, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Little note, I'm starting to do the final mix in about 6 hours, so anybody wanna record something, now is the perfect time. Thanks smile.gif

I am warming up and then shooting it out wink.gif
Tolek
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 27 2008, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When will you post the final mix?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.