Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Custom Ibanez!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Jmguitar64
It seems like forever sinse I started this project but its finally finnished and it looks and sounds great! laugh.gif
here are some pictures..

For those who didn't see my earlier posts on this.. It used to be a Ibanez rg 321 mh that I bought used awhile back, it was full of dings and such and a plain black paintjob. So I gave it a new paintjob(which took alittle over a month) and bought some seymour duncan mayhem pickups for it. when I had it put together in the shop I had the action lowered. Now I just wish I had a better amp to use with it..
UncleSkillet
Looks great man! Nice job!

Action looks low to. Probably plays like butter. tongue.gif

Sound clips please.
Emir Hot
looks very cool. I am sure it plays good as well
OrganisedConfusion
Very cool smile.gif
Lian Gerbino
looks awesoem man! wink.gif congrats!
Rooks
I like the white pinstripe smile.gif

Is it just me or is your neck humbucker frame clear ?
kjutte
QUOTE (Jmguitar64 @ Oct 24 2008, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems like forever sinse I started this project but its finally finnished and it looks and sounds great! laugh.gif
here are some pictures..

Congrats! May I ask why you didn't get a singlecoil in the middle though? smile.gif
Xuestor
Sweet guitar! I'd like to make a LP shaped guitar with a ibanez/fender type bridge sometime.... I think that would combine ibanez playability with LP looks pretty sweet.
kjutte
QUOTE (Xuestor @ Oct 24 2008, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sweet guitar! I'd like to make a LP shaped guitar with a ibanez/fender type bridge sometime.... I think that would combine ibanez playability with LP looks pretty sweet.

IMO no point in getting a massive wood guitar, when you lose alot of sustain to your floating tremolo. smile.gif
Jad Diab
Sweet guitar, Ibanez are great smile.gif
Capt.Z
Real nice. It looks pretty high-grade smile.gif
Xuestor
QUOTE (kjutte @ Oct 24 2008, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMO no point in getting a massive wood guitar, when you lose alot of sustain to your floating tremolo. smile.gif

Ohh, I didn't mean to get a tremolo, I meant with the fixed bridge type.
kjutte
QUOTE (Xuestor @ Oct 24 2008, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh, I didn't mean to get a tremolo, I meant with the fixed bridge type.

I still think it'll lose alot of sustain without a hardtail, and then the large body is somewhat useless. smile.gif
berko
Yes, I really like the look of it, cool guitar there. Maybe some jamming to present us how it screams? rolleyes.gif wink.gif
audiopaal
Looks great smile.gif
ChrisVdS
As an Ibanez lover i can only say very nicely done
Skalde
awesome guitar smile.gif
Jmguitar64
QUOTE (Rooks @ Oct 23 2008, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the white pinstripe smile.gif

Is it just me or is your neck humbucker frame clear ?

Haha! no, it must be the picture..

QUOTE (kjutte @ Oct 24 2008, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats! May I ask why you didn't get a singlecoil in the middle though? smile.gif

well honestly im not a big fan of the singlecoil in the middle it seems to get in the way for some reason.. and I probly would have messed something up while cutting into it, I didnt want to do anything to complicated seeing that this is my only electric guitar.

QUOTE (berko @ Oct 24 2008, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I really like the look of it, cool guitar there. Maybe some jamming to present us how it screams? rolleyes.gif wink.gif

mabye if I can find a video camera somwhere.. good idea though ill see if I can do that
Canis
Wow. Pretty lady ^^
I vote for a soundtest as well =)
kjutte
QUOTE (Jmguitar64 @ Oct 24 2008, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well honestly im not a big fan of the singlecoil in the middle it seems to get in the way for some reason.. and I probly would have messed something up while cutting into it, I didnt want to do anything to complicated seeing that this is my only electric guitar.

Ohh, you made it yourself? Good job!
Did you get a pull knob for volume though, so you can turn 'em into S.coils?

It's an easy solder, I would recommend it for versatility.
Though, again, guitar looks great man!
OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (Jmguitar64 @ Oct 24 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the exact reason I don't like the single coil in the middle. It gets in the way so much. Only way I'll have a single coil is if there is a single coil in the neck also so I have room for my technique.

You did a great job.
kjutte
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 25 2008, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the exact reason I don't like the single coil in the middle. It gets in the way so much. Only way I'll have a single coil is if there is a single coil in the neck also so I have room for my technique.

You did a great job.

It's just a matter of practise. you'll learn to get around it very quick.
But honestly, this is but a tiny hinderance from great versatility.
Bogdan Radovic
Guitar looks great and I'm happy it sound good too! Great job on customizing! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.