Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Superchamp Xd
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
shammy
fender wins this round, man I just picked up this superchamp xd today,wow this amp ridiculously good. IF anyone has or gets to play one check em out. Guitar****er for once hooked a consumer up, They had it tagged for 270.00, new price is 329.00 but they had to honor there tag sale from a couple weeks ago, Im lovin life right now
Fullmetal_Tmd
w00t, another Superchamp user biggrin.gif mines been serving me well for probably 3 months now, and its a total steal for the price. its a better amp than the Vox AD models (which was what I originally had an eye on, btw) IMO. too bad its not as popular =/
inertia
I love mine too, it's a sick amp for the price. I'm looking for a footswitch right now for mine.
Ivan Milenkovic
Is this a hybrid model? How does it handles gain ?
shammy
Yes Ivan it is a hybrid of sorts. It has a 12ax7 in the pre-amp and 2 6v6's in the power amp. The tones achieved are truly remarkable. Channel 1 you get classic fender clean with choice of different f/x reverb,delay,chorus etc.. and CHannel 2 you can use 16 different voices based on other popular fender amp tones. I have nothing to do with fender, I am just in love with this amplifier, it is a joy to play my guitar through it.

Btw Inertia the pedal can be had for 20 dollars
inertia
It handles gain really nice, has a couple of OK gain channels but if you drive it with a high gain pedal on channel 1 sounds amazing. Ivan you wouldn't know it's hybrid by playing it, it sounds pure tube and rolling of the volume on the guitar works great. I have played other tube hybrids like the vox ad and I find they don't sound very tube-like at all.
Hey Shammy - I know the pedal is $20 unfortunately I haven't found a place that will ship one to Canada sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.